LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Finally bought the LS460

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-15, 03:45 AM
ShamanLS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought the LS460

Greetings everyone !

I'm happy to announce, after a long struggle to buy a new car (almost a year!), that I have finally purchased the car that I desired, 2007 LS460L

I would like to thank all the people who have contributed their knowledge in this great forum. And special thanks to everyone who have helped me and answered my questions

Without you, I wouldn't have bought an LS460L

Now, here comes the images

Some problem with the rear shade

I think it's stuck somehow

Anyone familiar with rear sunshade problem? is it the motor? or is it misaligned?
Old 06-10-15, 05:00 AM
wbrian63
Rookie

There's only one motor. Possibly the frame is stuck inside the panel. See if you can free it.

If that doesn't help, then the arm that raises the passenger side of the shade is somehow compromised.

These items show up from time-to-time on eBay for reasonable money. They're very expensive from the dealer, so online auctions are your best bet.

Removal & Replacement involves removing the bottom of the rear seat, followed by the back of the rear seat, then the door sill scuff plate, then the left and right door frame covers, the C-pillar covers, the rear deck, the sub woofer, and then you can get to the sunshade.

Nice car - good luck.
Old 06-10-15, 05:42 AM
ShamanLS
Rookie

Seems like an expensive job even outside the dealer :/

Glad to know there's only one motor. This means it's a mechanical problem. But what could've caused it? maybe something small got inside and made it stuck? or due to maybe not being used for a long time?

I tried to fixed by force but with it didn't help. I'll try again
Old 06-10-15, 05:58 AM
ShamanLS
Rookie

I fixed it !!

It was just a small misallignment. I used a screwdriver and I pushed the shade to the right and I operated the shade at the same time and it was fixed !!
Old 06-10-15, 07:10 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Gratz on a beautiful car. Nicely done on the repair!
Old 06-10-15, 07:41 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 508 Likes on 385 Posts

Did you sort out the issues with the hesitation? You had some other concerns too, but I can't remember whatthey were.

Congrats. I always liked LS's in white.
Old 06-10-15, 08:58 AM
ShamanLS
Rookie

No, there's no hesitation whatsoever. I was just not used to the pedal feel. That's all

There're no other problems. It's a really good car

It just needs new tyres, spark plug, brake fluid..etc Just an overall maintenance

Btw, what tyres are best for the LS that provides greatest comfort? I'm thinking of Michilen Primacy

Also, is there a need to replace the ATM fluid? the car is shifting very smoothly and it's always in the right gear

Last edited by ShamanLS; 06-10-15 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-10-15, 10:23 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts
Wink

Congrats! Worth the wait and enjoy your LS.
Old 06-10-15, 10:27 AM
ShamanLS
Rookie

Thank you
Old 06-10-15, 10:30 AM
cdub350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, how much, and how many miles?

I wanted an LS but went with the GS350 due to cost/mileage concerns.

Old 06-10-15, 10:31 AM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ShamanLS
Btw, what tires are best for the LS that provides greatest comfort? I'm thinking of Michilen Primacy.
I'm not a search police, but that question opens up a truck load of worms. It's been discussed thoroughly, should be easy to find.

Nice vehicle, I like your wheels. I couldn't tell if yours are painted or chrome. I have the same wheels in chrome. The white LS's to me look very elegant. Congrats.

7milesout
Old 06-10-15, 11:17 AM
aaauae
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratsss broo , i've gotta see you and your car
Old 06-10-15, 11:27 AM
ShamanLS
Rookie

Originally Posted by cdub350
Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, how much, and how many miles?

I wanted an LS but went with the GS350 due to cost/mileage concerns.

Around 60k miles. Bought it for $ 24k

GS is really nice car. Very sporty and elegant-looking. In my opinion, it's a better daily driver than the LS. The LS is better in the HWY

Originally Posted by 7milesout
I'm not a search police, but that question opens up a truck load of worms. It's been discussed thoroughly, should be easy to find.

Nice vehicle, I like your wheels. I couldn't tell if yours are painted or chrome. I have the same wheels in chrome. The white LS's to me look very elegant. Congrats.

7milesout
Thanks, 7milesout. I did search about the tyres, I just thought that someone might give a new/different opinion

But anyhow, I would like to try the Michelin this time because I've been always buying Bridgestone in my other vehicles and I got bored

Mine are not chrome, unfortunately. I'm sure they look much better than the regular, painted wheels

Last edited by ShamanLS; 06-10-15 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-10-15, 12:01 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats, ShamanLS, on your car and the successful DIY fix of your shade! I'm enjoying my LS460 for both local driving and highway cruising. To be fair, this is my first Lexus, so I can't compare my driving experience with driving other Lexus models. I can only say that the LS is providing the luxury experience I was looking for.

Last edited by Gbp; 06-13-15 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 06-10-15, 12:33 PM
ShamanLS
Rookie

Originally Posted by aaauae
Congratsss broo , i've gotta see you and your car
Definitely

Originally Posted by Gbp
Congrats, ShamanLS, on your car and the successful DIY fix of your shade! I'm enjoying my LS460 for both local driving and highway cruising. To be fair, this is my first Lexus, so I can't compare my driving experience with driving other Lexus models. I can only say that the LS is proving the luxury experience I was looking for.
You have a really unique color. I rarely see it in the street

I think that the LS is just too big to be a daily driver. It has some noticeable body roll and the brakes aren't really that effective to stop this big machine. But overall, It's a great machine and it's suitable for me because I have more HWY driving than city driving

Of course, having the optional air-suspension and/or AWD can improve the handling and reduce body roll.

Quick Reply: Finally bought the LS460