LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Front shocks are only lasting 10,000km

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15 | 02:05 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Devh
Lemon owners tend to gravitate towards car specific forums and car review sites to vent. It happens on every forum and it's a statistic. Majority of of trouble free owners are spending their time on Facebook, Ashley Madison and Amazon to vent about a broken coffee machine.
I certainly don't call my car a lemon, but in the 1.5 years i've had my car i have had to replace 3 of the 4 air shocks and the front right must have a bad sensor cuz it's real bumpy.

i also ride in comfort mode everywhere.

i can say my $2400 warranty has more than paid for itself (had about $7K in work done so far...)
Old 08-31-15 | 03:16 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Devh
Lemon owners tend to gravitate towards car specific forums and car review sites to vent. It happens on every forum and it's a statistic. Majority of of trouble free owners are spending their time on Facebook, Ashley Madison and Amazon to vent about a broken coffee machine.
I agree, but most people I saw here are not venting, just stating that they just replaced their shocks or control arm under warranty. What's to vent about when the repair are being done under warranty. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a repair done on something that broke prematurely. I'm not saying the ls is a lemon, but the suspension is definitely a weak point... with all of the known issues already discussed with the control arms/shocks there is nothing to prove anymore. Dealer I get the repair done acknowledged it, also pointed that he keep changing LX air shocks from the current generation... And I was the first to say how happy I was with my problem free car last winter so I certainly didn't register just to bash on the ls:

Originally Posted by Vansibel
So far, the Lexus have been pretty problem free, so I guess I can't help but notice the small stuff. Has any ls600 owner noticed a small vibration/shudder when they decelerate (without braking) on the highway ? It may be only a hybrid issue even during normal operation as the electric engine are recharging the battery. Any though or similar experience ?
Recurrent problems on specific components are well documented on this generation of the ls, refusing to acknowledge them is just plain denial. We are mostly here because we love the car and want to believe we made the right choice, but let's not fall into just plain fan-boyish for a brand we choose to believe it with our faith rather than hard facts. There is a difference between spitting insults and discussing rationally about issues. The discussion don't have to be a hater and then fanboy jumping in. If your car is running great then your in luck, but other peoples have problems and it's not isolated. And they certainly not all fit into the stereotype of just subscribing to forum to vent.
Old 08-31-15 | 03:16 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by peteybabes
I certainly don't call my car a lemon, but in the 1.5 years i've had my car i have had to replace 3 of the 4 air shocks and the front right must have a bad sensor cuz it's real bumpy.

i also ride in comfort mode everywhere.

i can say my $2400 warranty has more than paid for itself (had about $7K in work done so far...)
After looking at the records of many used candidates I found many that had more then one air suspension units replaced. That is why I avoided air suspension. This is not just a Lexus issue it's an industry problem with air suspension in general.
Old 08-31-15 | 03:27 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by Vansibel
I agree, but most people I saw here are not venting, just stating that they just replaced their shocks or control arm under warranty. What's to vent about when the repair are being done under warranty. Doesn't change the fact that it's still a repair done on something that broke prematurely. I'm not saying the ls is a lemon, but the suspension is definitely a weak point... with all of the known issues already discussed with the control arms/shocks there is nothing to prove anymore. Dealer I get the repair done acknowledged it, also pointed that he keep changing LX air shocks from the current generation... And I was the first to say how happy I was with my problem free car last winter so I certainly didn't register just to bash on the ls:

Recurrent problems on specific components are well documented on this generation of the ls, refusing to acknowledge them is just plain denial. We are mostly here because we love the car and want to believe we made the right choice, but let's not fall into just plain fan-boyish for a brand we choose to believe it with our faith rather than hard facts. There is a difference between spitting insults and discussing rationally about issues. The discussion don't have to be a hater and then fanboy jumping in. If your car is running great then your in luck, but other peoples have problems and it's not isolated. And they certainly not all fit into the stereotype of just subscribing to forum to vent.
I agree but also there are problems with just about every make and model. It's nothing unique and although some who have great service like my self can come off fan boyish the opposite can be true with over sensationalizing the problems and making it sounds like an inevitability for everyone for their specific turmoil when it's not the case. I got cancer so you are going to get cancer. I had to to pay though the nose so you will too it's just a matter of time. I think perspective is needed here.