LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sorry to ask...Pinstripes ??? Off pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-15, 01:49 PM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

One nice thing about the Northwest is that no one ever gets carriage tops because they would get moldy and possibly rust underneath, given our weather. I don't think I've ever seen a LS460 with one.

My retired neighbor who splits his time between Seattle and Phoenix has an old Eldorado Touring Coupe with a carriage top... which he keeps in Phoenix.
Old 09-18-15, 07:22 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dal20402
One nice thing about the Northwest is that no one ever gets carriage tops because they would get moldy and possibly rust underneath, given our weather. I don't think I've ever seen a LS460 with one.

My retired neighbor who splits his time between Seattle and Phoenix has an old Eldorado Touring Coupe with a carriage top... which he keeps in Phoenix.
It depends on a few things. The quality of the top, how it's cared for and if it's garaged kept.
The fabric is no different then what you find on expensive convertibles and as long as it's cared for it can last a very long time. It's a liability if someone decides to vandalize it because there might not be a replacement. Rain no problem but salt might be if it's exposed to the harsh elements of the NE.
I'm busy this weekend but soon as the car is washed I will have some pictures for you guys.

It literally looks like the poster child for some Lexus to remember advertisement. I bought the car for the condition and the price but if it looked ugly I would have walked.
Old 09-21-15, 11:27 AM
sax2man2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pin strip added

Rear Pin

Front driver Pin

Side Pin

Front Passenger Pin

overall

Here are a few Pics of the Pinstrip I had added. Just always looked at it as my signature.
Old 09-21-15, 11:38 AM
Devh
Racer

Don't take this the wrong way and I don't mean to offend but the pinstripes added to your car are very different then the ones that come from the factory. The ones on your car are what most people on this thread including myself would want to have removed. As long as you like them that's is all that matters. I'm sure there will be those that don't like my factory pinstripes as well.
Old 09-21-15, 11:46 AM
sax2man2
Driver School Candidate

Default Pin Strip

thanks for the reply. Everyone has an opinion on what they do and don't like. I happen to like them and come up with designs to immediately know it belongs to Me and also I feel it adds a flair. Others feel it takes away and others like the added touch. Just posted to show some variety
Old 09-21-15, 11:49 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by sax2man2
thanks for the reply. Everyone has an opinion on what they do and don't like. I happen to like them and come up with designs to immediately know it belongs to Me and also I feel it adds a flair. Others feel it takes away and others like the added touch. Just posted to show some variety
Thanks for not taking offence. Yes I agree and I wish more people that do modifications would have your kind of attitude. Not everyone is going to like what you do to your car but as long as you like it that's all that matters.
Old 09-21-15, 02:06 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sax2man2
That's what I like. Beautiful, sharp, spotless and clean. Nice rims and pinstripes definitely adds flair and style to your LS 460.
Old 09-22-15, 08:34 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 509 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Thanks for not taking offence. Yes I agree and I wish more people that do modifications would have your kind of attitude. Not everyone is going to like what you do to your car but as long as you like it that's all that matters.
Precisely.

Many criticized my wheel choice as being a little too Mustang or Camaro-ish and not suiting my LS. Same goes for the color of wheel (black). That's OK..... I LIKE it and since I'm making the payments, what I says goes.

But I'm sorry....pinstripes and carriage tops is going too far and just WRONG. Just Kidding.

I've been a member here for nearly two years, and I did NOT know that there were LS' with carriage tops!

Last edited by roadfrog; 09-22-15 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-22-15, 08:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,309 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Pinstripe and landau top.

[/QUOTE]
Old 09-22-15, 08:47 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Precisely.

Many criticized my wheel choice as being a little too Mustang or Camaro-ish and not suiting my LS. Same goes for the color of wheel (black). That's OK..... I LIKE it and since I'm making the payments, what I says goes.

But I'm sorry....pinstripes and carriage tops is going too far and just WRONG. JK.

I've been a member here for nearly two years, and I did NOT know that there were LS' with carriage tops!
I agree. The picture above me with the carriage top is a good example of how ugly the combination can be. It also doesn't go along with the wheels.
Old 09-22-15, 09:51 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow...
Like Roadfrog, I had absolutely no idea the LS came this way...
Now, is this special order or does a specialty shop do this?
The particular example that is shown in the photo is not particularly my taste, but as its been stated here, as long as the person driving it enjoys it, then that's all that matters.
I've been criticized regarding my wheels as well as have been paid compliments.
I don't love them, but they came with the car and its not exactly on my "to do" list to replace them right away.
Its interesting to see they myriad of things people do to their LS's... But the carriage top is new to me!
Old 09-22-15, 10:12 AM
sax2man2
Driver School Candidate

Default Pin Stripe

Wow Different. Have seen a few of these in Florida. Also called Rag Tops
that's putting your own touch to it and in your own color. Some will like and some will not. But good to see the different ideas
Old 09-22-15, 10:38 AM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone has different tastes, and should do what makes them happy.

But for my money... oh my goodness...
Old 09-22-15, 09:37 PM
Tec80
Advanced

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Aaaaah - Just the way I like it.
Old 09-23-15, 03:37 AM
tbilisi79
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dal20402
Everyone has different tastes, and should do what makes them happy.

But for my money... oh my goodness...
Wow that's bad . Rag tops?
Bad taste should not be promoted or encouraged in any way. I really don't care about being politically correct or even nice . When it's bad it's bad. Functionality comes first.

Quick Reply: Sorry to ask...Pinstripes ??? Off pics