LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

One year ago

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-15, 07:45 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts
Default One year ago

It was one year ago today that my wife, our dog and I hopped in my LS430 and hit the road. One hundred and eighty miles later we pulled into the Toyota dealership. There it was. An 08 black on black LS460. I thought my 430 was nice. This car was crazy nice. A little negotiation, a trade and we were on the road home.

A year later and I'm just as much in love as I was the first day I sat in the drivers seat. The car had 52100 when we drove home. Now it read 57212. I still smile every time I open the garage door. It's been such a fine car with no troubles.

Great car!

Last edited by R Z; 10-13-15 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-13-15, 08:57 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome story! I am hoping to get a LS460 soon as well. Been waiting for the right one.
Old 10-13-15, 09:12 PM
motionman
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my 2007 LS460 from my in-laws on August 28, 2015.

We were to meet at the Avis near my house (I had to rent a car for the time between when my car died and when my in-laws were able to give up the car).

I was standing in the Avis parking lot when I saw my mother-in-law driving down the block. She started her turn too soon and promptly jammed the rear passenger side rim into the curb - a parting gift before handing over the key LOL.

I also smile every time I go to get into it in the morning and at the end of the day.

MotionMan
Old 10-14-15, 07:27 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts

agree it is a very nice car..

got my LS460 2009 in June 2013, in the first year only repair done was to replace MAF sensor.
replaced all 8 control arms of front wheels this year.
and just found out very strong gas smell in cabin yesterday..
Old 10-14-15, 10:06 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

I'll report back in 7 months.
Old 10-14-15, 10:37 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbp
I'll report back in 7 months.
Not as far out as you, as i'll be reporting back in a little over 3 months.
Gotta say though...actually, never mind.
I'll keep my mouth closed until that point!
Old 10-14-15, 11:40 AM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've only owned mine for about 3 months but it's been about a year since I started looking.
Old 10-14-15, 01:57 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 354 Likes on 244 Posts

Love stories like this! I'll share mine, purchased mine almost two years ago...first six months all I did was wax it and let it sit in my garage. Something happened after that - I decided to drive it - and since then I've put roughly 40k miles on her (no problems).

This is a great car, very reliable, very good on the highway and easily the most comfortable I've owned.
Old 10-14-15, 02:04 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Love stories like this! I'll share mine, purchased mine almost two years ago...first six months all I did was wax it and let it sit in my garage. Something happened after that - I decided to drive it - and since then I've put roughly 40k miles on her (no problems).

This is a great car, very reliable, very good on the highway and easily the most comfortable I've owned.
^^Just awesome!
Ironically I was the same way for a good few months after the purchase.
I simply couldn't bring myself to just drive the darn thing!
I felt like I'd do something to damage it or something would happen...idk, call me crazy!
Then, among other things, my wife scolded me for having a car in the garage that didn't hardly move but we were paying a monthly note for!
Its been great every since and now my old Honda sits idle (well...it needs to be repaired...but anyway...)
BTW: Double, did you relocate?? MA ---> NH??
Old 10-15-15, 12:48 PM
motionman
Rookie

Here's my "new" (2007) baby:

MotionMan
Old 10-15-15, 01:02 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, congrats on the car!
This time next year you can post your yearly update experience with the car, as im sure you'll have had a great experience with it.
Lastly, just so everyone in the CL/LS family can clearly see and congratulate you on your new acquisition, you should start a new thread!
Congrats again and enjoy!
Old 10-15-15, 01:08 PM
motionman
Rookie

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Hey, congrats on the car!
This time next year you can post your yearly update experience with the car, as im sure you'll have had a great experience with it.
Lastly, just so everyone in the CL/LS family can clearly see and congratulate you on your new acquisition, you should start a new thread!
Congrats again and enjoy!
I assume you were talking to me.

I will start a new thread, as you suggested.

MotionMan
Old 10-15-15, 01:19 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by motionman
I assume you were talking to me.

I will start a new thread, as you suggested.

MotionMan
I was.
Sorry, as I should have been more specific and mentioned your name.
Old 10-15-15, 02:50 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 354 Likes on 244 Posts

^^Just awesome!
Ironically I was the same way for a good few months after the purchase.
I felt like I'd do something to damage it or something would happen...idk, call me crazy!
Then, among other things, my wife scolded me for having a car in the garage that didn't hardly move but we were paying a monthly note for!
Its been great every since and now my old Honda sits idle (well...it needs to be repaired...but anyway...)
BTW: Double, did you relocate?? MA ---> NH??
Yeah same deal for me, it just sat in the garage and my wife would always ask...why are you not driving that thing?

I used to live in Mass - still work there and own a house there, but I now live in southern NH. Best move I ever made, I love it up here. I honk what I'd like to do someday is retire, keep the house in NH for the summer, spring and fall...and spend the winters in Florida. I'm getting real tired of the winters up here...last year was the worst.
Old 10-16-15, 08:58 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

I've never been concerned about driving "the darn thing". I drive it as much as I can short of just stopping everything to get out in it. The reason I only put 5000 miles on it in one year, is my commute to work. It doesn't exist. I walk upstairs. While the average commuter may put 20 -30 miles a day just getting to work, I don't have to start mine. When it's lunch time, I walk down stairs to the kitchen. At quittin' time, I am home.

When I do get out, most things I need are within a few miles. The stores, the gym, most of my friends all live close. The "darn thing" freaks out when we head downtown for dinner or a sporting event.

But, no matter what the occasion, it is by far the greatest vehicle I have ever owned. EVER!

Quick Reply: One year ago