LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

any LS owners also own LX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-17, 10:36 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

In one of those exceedingly rare times, I truly came out better having someone hit my LS430 as like I stated in prior threads, I regretted selling my LX to get the 430 almost immediately. With the 460, the regret is gone.

I wish I had more pictures as the interior was perfect and the stereo was world class. Focal makes the finest car speakers out there IMO. Granted, they are silly expensive for the ones I used, but they sound amazing.

Focal's home stuff just for a single pair of speakers goes well past $100,000 for their flagship series. The cool thing is they make speakers in $1000-$2000 range that are still made in France and still sound great.
Old 01-21-17, 05:52 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 792 Likes on 685 Posts

In the country Qatar lexus LX and landcruisers make up about 40% of the vehicles on the road. Thats why lexus and toyota option there cars different, they make some factory body kit add ons.

In general they"re very built proof, reliable and are in hot demand plus they really hold there value.
Old 01-21-17, 06:10 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ibidu1
In the country Qatar lexus LX and landcruisers make up about 40% of the vehicles on the road. Thats why lexus and toyota option there cars different, they make some factory body kit add ons.

In general they"re very built proof, reliable and are in hot demand plus they really hold there value.
Oh yes. To a Land Cruiser lover, places like UAE, et al are like heaven. All the models are there and off the charts aftermarket support.
Old 01-21-17, 01:14 PM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Junglequac
Oh yes. To a Land Cruiser lover, places like UAE, et al are like heaven. All the models are there and off the charts aftermarket support.
UAE guys are known to be more into the nissan patrols, but ya all through out the gulf countries they go crazy over them.
Old 01-21-17, 02:43 PM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

UAE guys are known to be more into the nissan patrols, but ya all through out the gulf countries they go crazy over them.
While this is two years old: http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/categ...arab-emirates/
It shows LC's sell twice as much

The Patrol is an awesome truck, but the Land Cruiser is the gold standard Worldwide. In Africa, South and Central America, the full size 200 Series Land Cruiser is the ultimate status symbol surpassing even the MB S Class.

The Patrol's main advantage is that it is cheaper than the comparable LC model. The Infiniti QX80 is a major upgrade due to being a Patrol variant as opposed to an offshoot of the USA only Titan.

It is a highly competitive market, but the Toyota still reigns supreme.
Old 01-22-17, 04:28 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

While this is two years old: http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/categ...arab-emirates/
It shows LC's sell twice as much

The Patrol is an awesome truck, but the Land Cruiser is the gold standard Worldwide. In Africa, South and Central America, the full size 200 Series Land Cruiser is the ultimate status symbol surpassing even the MB S Class.

The Patrol's main advantage is that it is cheaper than the comparable LC model. The Infiniti QX80 is a major upgrade due to being a Patrol variant as opposed to an offshoot of the USA only Titan.

It is a highly competitive market, but the Toyota still reigns supreme.
I am not doubting the number of sales, UAE is a huge country compared to the tiny Qatar. So of course the sales of cars are a lot greater there. But if you have driven the streets of both countries, youll see that Qatar has way more cruisers and lx's vs uae. Maybe im biased as im qatari

Heres a video of qatar
Old 01-22-17, 05:22 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

I am not doubting the number of sales, UAE is a huge country compared to the tiny Qatar. So of course the sales of cars are a lot greater there. But if you have driven the streets of both countries, youll see that Qatar has way more cruisers and lx's vs uae. Maybe im biased as im qatari

Heres a video of qatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pns1_C8XGFs
Very cool. The past few generations of the Patrol really have bridged the gap and they are excellent vehicles. Unfortunately, the only Patrol we get here is in the Infiniti guise and it has road going tires much like the LX which I think now uses 20's or 21's.

Gotta ask, how much does a gallon of petrol cost there. I realize it is done in litre's most likely, but it is easy enough to convert.
Old 01-22-17, 05:49 AM
ibidu1
Lexus Test Driver

Very cool. The past few generations of the Patrol really have bridged the gap and they are excellent vehicles. Unfortunately, the only Patrol we get here is in the Infiniti guise and it has road going tires much like the LX which I think now uses 20's or 21's.

Gotta ask, how much does a gallon of petrol cost there. I realize it is done in litre's most likely, but it is easy enough to convert.
Not sure maybe $1-1.30 per gallon its higher octane fuel compared to US. No 89 octane ethanol garbage here, premium is 95 octane you can smell the fuel in the gas stations
Old 01-22-17, 06:12 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Wow. I remember right after I graduated college there was a brief moment when petrol in the State of Georgia was under $1.00 a gallon. Did not last long and after 9/11, things went through the bloody roof. For a while there, even in the Southeast, where gasoline tax tends to be the cheapest in the country, it was well in excess of $4.00 a gallon for regular.

Large SUV's suffered greatly in sales and things like the Prius became a reality here. Must be fun to live somewhere that water is more expensive than petrol.