LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Replaced the Bridgestones with a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 09:59 AM
ToddsLex78
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Yeah put the pressure down cold to 33 or even 31-32. Makes a huge difference!
Let the car sit for about 3 hours and I put my manual pressure gauge on it and got em all down to 33 psi but damn TPMS is reading 36 -- a mile drive later all 4 up to 37. Is that normal for there to be that much of a difference between the manual reading and what TPMS is registering?? It is 85 degrees outside and perhaps I need to redo this after the car sits overnight..
Old 04-13-16, 10:14 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ToddsLex78
Let the car sit for about 3 hours and I put my manual pressure gauge on it and got em all down to 33 psi but damn TPMS is reading 36 -- a mile drive later all 4 up to 37. Is that normal for there to be that much of a difference between the manual reading and what TPMS is registering?? It is 85 degrees outside and perhaps I need to redo this after the car sits overnight..
That's perfectly normal. It's also perfectly normal for one tire to be higher and one lower throughout the course of your commute.
Old 04-13-16, 12:09 PM
ToddsLex78
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
That's perfectly normal. It's also perfectly normal for one tire to be higher and one lower throughout the course of your commute.
Ok thanks..I can't say it enough. The car rides soooo much better now. I can now say I've had the true Lexus experience..lol.
Old 04-13-16, 04:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

My TPMS sensors read about 1PSI lower than my gauge.
Old 05-08-16, 08:36 AM
trbolvr
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I also just purchased a set of these tires and installed on our 07 LS460. Very happy with the ride and quietness of the tires. I ordered mine from Tread Depot for a decent price.
I had one of my local Chev dealers mount and road force balance the tires (Local Toyota dealer was booked for the week). The service rep called me later that day and said the tires were ready but the technician was only able to get 2 of the 4 to pass the road force spec. He just spin balanced the 2 and said they should be fine. After some testing on the freeway I noticed some steering wheel shake above 80 mph. Moved suspect tires to back and retested. Steering wheel shake gone but now have some vibration from the rear. It felt like vibes were coming up through the floor along with some very low frequency sound. I called Tread Depot and explained my situation. I ordered 2 more tires and the rep sent me a return shipping label for the suspect tires. Had the 2 new tires mounted and road force balanced at my local Toyota dealer and all is well now.
All the tires had a build date of 9th week of 2016. I found it a odd that 2 of the first 4 failed the road force spec. If I had to do it over again I would try and find a local Pirelli dealer or shop that can order these tires that also has a Hunter Road Force balancer and INSIST that they pass the road force balance procedure. This would have saved me shipping and balancing on the two additional tires. You can find shops that have the balancer on the Hunter website.
Old 05-08-16, 05:28 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I forget which thread we talked about this already....but yes...lesson learned again....on line tire shops are fine....but for my time I suggest buying from local dealer and having them road force balanced. No shipping to worry about...no special communications with on line dealer...........Local dealer is the way to go....
Old 05-08-16, 06:02 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jpv7774
I forget which thread we talked about this already....but yes...lesson learned again....on line tire shops are fine....but for my time I suggest buying from local dealer and having them road force balanced. No shipping to worry about...no special communications with on line dealer...........Local dealer is the way to go....
I also like the warehouses like Costco and Sam's Club too. They both include road hazard insurance which has come in handy more than once. My brother even used his 3 times due to the construction of an overhead rail in his neighborhood. I found the P7 at Sam's but I'm not a member and have been torn between that and the Bridgestone S-04s given the all year round summer weather we enjoy here.
Old 05-09-16, 06:25 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 458 Likes on 341 Posts

Dr J

Is that light rail almost complete or are we still betting on the snow first?

Dennis
Old 08-01-16, 06:37 PM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts

Well I just had my new set of Pirelli Cinturato P7's mounted on my car today. They replace the Continental Pure Contact Eco Plus tires. I got 48K miles from those tires and overall I was pleased with them. I almost would have ordered them again, but I read the reviews here and on Tire Rack and decided to get the Cinturatos. Also, my previous tire was Pirelli P Zero Nero and their wet handling characteristics were the best. The Conti's wet handling was very good, but not as good as the Pirelli's. Hopefully these Cinturatos will be great on wet roads.

I will report my impressions once I've had some time with them (which may take a awhile as we haven't had rain in a month and none to speak of forecasted).
Old 08-01-16, 06:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I've been really impressed with mine in the rain. Just this past weekend with all our crazy rain they track great at all speeds.
Old 08-01-16, 10:30 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
Dr J

Is that light rail almost complete or are we still betting on the snow first?

Dennis
Betting on the snow, we're screwed with rail! Still torn between the S-04 & P7s though.
Old 12-08-16, 02:27 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I just left the shop a short bit ago after having these placed on my car.
I drove about a 17 mile stretch back to my office and I can say that the difference is very noticeable.
Very smooth, however the noise I think could be a little better. I have to play around with the PSI.
Question:
Right now all for are around 35-36psi, and that was after getting back to my office parking lot.
At what point should I check the tires once they are cold and drop the psi to about 32?
I'd like to try that and then observe my morning commute in the a.m.
Thanks everyone.
Old 12-08-16, 06:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I would run them lower. I air mine at 31. As for noise, mine got quieter actually after a couple thousand miles.
Old 12-08-16, 10:02 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I would run them lower. I air mine at 31. As for noise, mine got quieter actually after a couple thousand miles.
Thanks Steve, greatly appreciate the info.
Something that you mentioned in the past regarding these tires-the roll resistance.
Its pretty amazing. A few times while driving (and I have never experienced this with my old tires much less any other car), the car was so smooth, it literally felt like the car was practically hovering.
I was shocked!
Anyways, I'll be adjusting the psi then reporting back.
So far in the very early stages (~30 miles), this is a great tire.
We're expecting 4"-6" this weekend, so i'll be trying them out.
Old 12-09-16, 07:16 AM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

My car is a 04 LS430 but I have my tires at 32psi........I also thought when I originally bought mine that the noise level was real good but because the level was good I wanted better...almost mute. My tires have been awesome and after a few thousand miles they really settle in and get even more quite. I assume that you purchased the ( P7 plus ) and not the regular P7s....Good luck!

Quick Reply: Replaced the Bridgestones with a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus