LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How to protect your floor mats (A Revolutionary Solution)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-15, 05:26 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

That sucks. I look forward to every spring to put them back in. They are great for long rides. Shoes come off as soon as I get in the car.

Having that comfort with the coverage of these would be great.
Old 12-13-15, 01:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Yeah they are similar in quality and pile to the Lloyd heavyweight (they changed the name to luxe) mats I've had before. I've got an email in to Lloyd to see if they use the new Lexus twist anchor (WeatherTech does). If they do I will get them.

Only thing that sucks is the Lloyd mats don't say Lexus on them.
Old 12-14-15, 11:29 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Only thing that sucks is the Lloyd mats don't say Lexus on them.
I had originally thought I was going to come across as being too picky or a bit unreasonable, but that was another gripe I had with these covers here, or any other quality after market covering for that matter.
It honestly would be a bit of a disappointing reminder that they were aftermarket and not the OEM covers, as every time I would open the door to get into the car, the finely stitched 'Lexus' detail wouldn't be there.
But I guess its the trade-off of having a well crafted floor covering. A detail I would miss none the less.

SW15LS:
Have you previously owned a set of WeatherTech mats?
If so, do they fit as well as advertised and how would you rate your experience with them?
Old 12-14-15, 05:04 PM
Autopreme
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I had originally thought I was going to come across as being too picky or a bit unreasonable, but that was another gripe I had with these covers here, or any other quality after market covering for that matter.
It honestly would be a bit of a disappointing reminder that they were aftermarket and not the OEM covers, as every time I would open the door to get into the car, the finely stitched 'Lexus' detail wouldn't be there.
But I guess its the trade-off of having a well crafted floor covering. A detail I would miss none the less.

SW15LS:
If so, do they fit as well as advertised and how would you rate your experience with them?
If you have any questions regarding our material or quality, please check out our FAQ page on our website. Our mat are not aftermarkets, but if you are still hesitant we will be posting the pictures of our Lexus customers after installation pictures on our website when they send them. We sent out 1 IS series and 1 RX out.

As far as WeatherTech mats go, we respect them in their functionality. We are simply brining functionality along with elegance.
Old 12-14-15, 08:28 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Yeah I have had several sets of WeatherTech mats on various vehicles over the years. They're excellent, WAY nicer than the current Lexus OEM mats. They don't make the MATS for my LS though (connector again) only the floor liners which I don't care for.

Originally Posted by Autopreme
If you have any questions regarding our material or quality, please check out our FAQ page on our website. Our mat are not aftermarkets, but if you are still hesitant we will be posting the pictures of our Lexus customers after installation pictures on our website when they send them. We sent out 1 IS series and 1 RX out.
Yes...your mats ARE aftermarket mats. If they don't come from Lexus, they are aftermarket mats...thats the definition of what aftermarket means vs OEM.

As far as WeatherTech mats go, we respect them in their functionality. We are simply brining functionality along with elegance.
The WeatherTech mats and your mats are entirely different. I wouldn't think somebody looking for a durable winter rubber mat would cross shop yours.
Old 12-15-15, 05:55 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I see a niche that Autopreme is providing. Having bought Husky liners for another vehicle and looking at the website of other weather mats, the Auto-preme mats are more elegant looking that is befitting a Lexus.
Old 12-15-15, 07:56 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tradosauru
I see a niche that Autopreme is providing. Having bought Husky liners for another vehicle and looking at the website of other weather mats, the Auto-preme mats are more elegant looking that is befitting a Lexus.
Agreed.
But I do think that offering a variety to provide a pallet of choice for perspective customers would be ideal.
I understand they're just starting out, but as a few here have already mentioned, its a great idea and the look of the product seems to be excellent, but a quality pile instead of the, what appears to be, a vinyl look, would be a better compliment to the LS.

SW15LS
"Yes...your mats ARE aftermarket mats. If they don't come from Lexus, they are aftermarket mats...thats the definition of what aftermarket means vs OEM."

Autopreme:
Not quite sure why you would say that your product isn't aftermarket.
SW15LS did an excellent job of defining the clear difference between the two; aftermarket versus OEM.
So not to be redundant, but it is important for you and your partners/colleagues to understand that you are in fact offering an aftermarket product.
Old 12-15-15, 01:45 PM
mannye
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I think maybe they are equating the term "aftermarket" with a low quality product which we do not. I actually think they might bring a little "zing" to the 'ol Lexus and as soon as I have a new 460 in the stable, I will most likely be getting a set of these.

Although you are correct that it may require a little custom leather insert in the seats or door panels to bring the look together. It might be a way to differentiate my 460 from all the other 460s out there using an actual luxury mod rather than the more common big rims and "sporty" mods I so often see. Not knocking those kinds of things, but for those of us that just want to "waft along on a cloud" I prefer mods that get me closer to that Rolls Royce I will never own!
Old 12-15-15, 02:05 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

With the coupon, these will come out to just over $200 right? That's not bad and I'll likely place an order before the end of the month. The look is a little cush but I bet they fill great with the shoes off and I have a 4yo and 2yo so anything that is easier to clean/wipe up I'm all for. Beats vacuuming sand out of the black carpet.
Old 12-15-15, 03:05 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I want to see production version fitted into cars, not just the edited photos. That gives us a better idea what they look like.
Old 12-15-15, 03:24 PM
mannye
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee
I want to see production version fitted into cars, not just the edited photos. That gives us a better idea what they look like.
Maybe if someone decides to be the guinea pig they can post pictures of the actual product?
Old 12-16-15, 07:34 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

WOAH- they are some seriously good looking mats, how do you compare the wear and tear lets say to weather tech?
Old 12-16-15, 08:03 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 12-16-15, 09:35 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

i am ordering these, i was looking for weather tech as i always have until i stumbled here.
Old 12-16-15, 09:45 AM
IncgntoLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted to order. But, I couldn't find a selection for long wheel base. I like to be 100% on fit before I order these types of things.

Quick Reply: How to protect your floor mats (A Revolutionary Solution)