LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How to protect your floor mats (A Revolutionary Solution)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-15, 09:26 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...6c3758d8de87b6

There you go. Turns out they act as a middleman for the product from China and double the price. Another member ordered his from Autoprene and is getting the item shipped from China. Might as well cut out the middleman.
Old 12-22-15, 03:48 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Good find NickTee
Old 12-22-15, 08:41 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee

There you go. Turns out they act as a middleman for the product from China and double the price. Another member ordered his from Autoprene and is getting the item shipped from China. Might as well cut out the middleman.
Great job on the research.
A bit unfortunate about the business practice here, but I cant say that im surprised.
Old 12-22-15, 09:06 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 506 Likes on 384 Posts

*crickets chirping*......
Old 12-22-15, 09:06 AM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So the mats being sold here are shipping from China? I was under the impression they were being produced in SoCal? And are we sure the ones being offered here are the same as the mats shown in the Aliexpress link? I'm sure there are similar looking mats, Aliexpress has countless interior kits and accessories.
Old 12-22-15, 10:06 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

As a very cynical person myself, looking at the two products, I'd say they are different. While I wouldn't want them for my 460, the ones from the OP look to be a much better product. I'm not saying the ones from China aren't good. I'm sure they are. I'm just not so certain, the OP and Alibaba and the forty thieves are one and the same product.

I have no issue ordering products from china. In fact 2 weeks ago I ordered a new case for my iphone. Got a great price, but it might take 2 more weeks to get it. Always a risk to buy overseas. But it's also a risk to get out of bed in the morning!
Old 12-22-15, 10:15 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Uh oh....busted!
Old 12-22-15, 10:47 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

They look nice, although might be a bit flashy for some people's tastes.

I don't see many reviews online, nor can I see them in person so I'm kind hesitant even though I'm looking for floor mats myself as we speak.

Kind of narrowed it down to the full weathertechs or factory rubber ATM.

Wish there was more feedback on these.
Old 12-22-15, 11:00 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

damn !!! Thats like 1/3 the price !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-15, 11:45 AM
super51fan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With respect to the company, you do not know which came first, the chicken or the egg. Factories in China are infamous for stealing other individuals products/logos are reselling them as generic products. So that does not mean that Autopreme is just reselling a product online but maybe they are being copied by a factory.
Also I do not see how this practice is any different than what other businesses do. By the time other businesses pay their employees, bills, health insurance, taxes, and fees, they need a 100% margin to even break even.
I do understand the anger here, but until the facts are in, you cant not knock a man's hustle
Old 12-22-15, 11:48 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by super51fan
With respect to the company, you do not know which came first, the chicken or the egg. Factories in China are infamous for stealing other individuals products/logos are reselling them as generic products. So that does not mean that Autopreme is just reselling a product online but maybe they are being copied by a factory.
Also I do not see how this practice is any different than what other businesses do. By the time other businesses pay their employees, bills, health insurance, taxes, and fees, they need a 100% margin to even break even.
I do understand the anger here, but until the facts are in, you cant not knock a man's hustle
Just have to ask Autopreme if their product is made in China.If it is....

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-22-15 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-22-15, 12:05 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Which is why I pointed out that their product, ordered from another member on here, shipped from China.
I'm just pointing out that if people are going to spend their hard-earned money, might as well buy it for 1/3 the price rather than from a company that makes bold claims and doesn't provide very much information. It was at first surprising how vague they were, this very well may explain why.

Furthermore, the Autopreme website and Facebook page show them only having been around since August of 2015, while that Aliexpress has been around for over two years. Even a quick search shows that Autopreme are brand new with zero establishment and that AliExpress has been around for significantly longer.

Last edited by NickTee; 12-22-15 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-22-15, 12:40 PM
IncgntoLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Earliest record of Autopreme that I can locate an online registry for is 2013. Earliest record for the specific Ali Express page in question...2012. Chicken or the egg? Who knows...
Old 12-22-15, 01:03 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I Knew they were waaaaay Overpriced to start with, NOW we know WHY
Old 12-22-15, 02:02 PM
Autopreme
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To everyone who is asking why AutoPreme > Ali Express:

Although the pictures of our products may look similar, the quality of the two products are extremely different.
Here are just a few reasons as to why they are different:

1. Just from the pictures, anyone can see that the stitching on the Ali Express mats is with only one thread (making it less durable) while AutoPreme mats have more than one stitching
2. The heel grip for the Ali Express mats are plastic while AutoPreme mats use metal heel grips with rubber nibs
3. The molds for the Ali Express mats are not firm because they do not have the correct mold to help it retain its shape. This can make a big difference when it comes to durability and waterproof ability. AutoPreme mats are custom made with the specific molds of each car to ensure a perfect fit

These 3 reasons are just from the pictures themselves. If you were to compare the two products in person, there would be a clear difference in quality. We encourage you to make a purchase from both parties and see the differences yourself. If our customer service, product quality, warranty policy, turnaround, packaging design and delivery speed cannot beat theirs, we are more than happy to give you a full refund.