LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Bluetooth music perfect fix!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-15, 01:22 PM
DIVER4USN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth music perfect fix!

My name is Jason and I just joined, subsequent to my LS 460 purchase. In trying to work around the obvious oversight displayed by LEXUS (no Bluetooth music playback) I found a unit called 'BluJax' by iSimple-sold at Best Buy for $39.99. This unit communicates via Bluetooth technology, through the Aux port in your center console. It receives power from your A/C socket (also in the console). I had a really short micro USB/USB cable which makes for a real clean install. The bonus: when I had the head unit in "Aux" mode and my wife called, the car's Bluetooth regained the signal and I fielded the call as normal. Upon hanging up, it went back to the music playing through the BlueJax! Merry Christmas and hopefully this keeps people from attempting a risky mod to a very complicated media unit.
Old 12-24-15, 03:20 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice! I'll check it out. Coming from a 2010 RX350 with blue tooth streaming, that's one of the big things I miss.
Old 12-24-15, 03:54 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 506 Likes on 384 Posts

Glad it's working out for you. I checked out reviews and they are not very flattering. Lots of issues with volume drop off, lack of volume and outright failures after a few weeks of use. I guess for 40 bucks, there's not much risk.

Do you notice any degradation of sound going through several connections? Since it goes through 3.5 aux and THEN to Bluetooth, I would be concerned that sound would suffer vs direct aux connection.
Old 12-24-15, 04:14 PM
DIVER4USN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far, so good. I do have a constant power supply and therefore, I may escape the degradation in vol/quality associated with low batt. We'll see.
Old 12-24-15, 08:57 PM
Steflex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DIVER4USN
So far, so good. I do have a constant power supply and therefore, I may escape the degradation in vol/quality associated with low batt. We'll see.
I am experiencing the volume drop off issue. For an example, it plays at level 5 for a few minutes, then drops to level 3, then jumps back to 5 and repeats. Its quite annoying and I will be returning the unit and going another route.

BTW Driver4, it started out fine only with a loss in overall volume of about 25%, but now its doing the up and down thing after using for about 2 weeks.

Hopefully yours doesn't change like mine did.
Old 12-24-15, 09:42 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 506 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Steflex
I am experiencing the volume drop off issue. For an example, it plays at level 5 for a few minutes, then drops to level 3, then jumps back to 5 and repeats. Its quite annoying and I will be returning the unit and going another route.

BTW Driver4, it started out fine only with a loss in overall volume of about 25%, but now its doing the up and down thing after using for about 2 weeks.

Hopefully yours doesn't change like mine did.
Those are the issues I read about. Also some outright failures after a few weeks.
Old 12-25-15, 07:06 AM
Steflex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So does anyone know a better solution?

Is it the blackberry option?

I would prefer something that holds a charge like the isimple to avoid the feedback sound you get when plugged into the ac port. I haven't done the filter fix yet and would rather not have to do it.