LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

iPod Connectivity Issues 13+

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-16, 10:07 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default iPod Connectivity Issues 13+

So I have a frustration when using the iPod in my car and actually I have the same issue in my Tacoma with the Entune and Nav as well. I like to just fill an iPod up with the music and playlists I like and plug it in and leave it. Problem is it takes awhile to start up. I don;t understand why because the player is paused and should automatically shut off but I get that sometimes it doesn't and it needs to power up before being recognized sometimes. But more often than not even when charged and connected my car doesn't recognize it. Then it does. Then it doesn't again. Does anyone else have this problem? Anybody find a solution besides opening my armrest up and unplugging and plugging the USB in again? It's like I need to insert a button switch inline on the cable to "reset" the iPod every time I need it.
Old 02-04-16, 09:38 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

I can't be the only one who leaves an iPod in the car right? What does everyone else use if not an iPod?
Old 02-05-16, 03:15 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an iPhone and it's loaded with music. The car is synced with it and play music through Bluetooth connection every time it starts up. So not much help for you here. But, the Enform does get faulty sometime. Like it doesn't recognize my phone. And I'll have to reconnect it via Bluetooth through my phone. It does that mostly on my 2015 Tundra. The system in the Lexus seems to work better than the Toyota ones. Lots of complaints about this in the Tundratalk.net.
Old 02-05-16, 10:00 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
I have an iPhone and it's loaded with music. The car is synced with it and play music through Bluetooth connection every time it starts up. So not much help for you here. But, the Enform does get faulty sometime. Like it doesn't recognize my phone. And I'll have to reconnect it via Bluetooth through my phone. It does that mostly on my 2015 Tundra. The system in the Lexus seems to work better than the Toyota ones. Lots of complaints about this in the Tundratalk.net.
Yeah I don't know what it is. It should be wired like a hard drive but just loaded with music in my mind. Just seems like the handshake is hit or miss. Same issue with my Tacoma. Someone mentioned a NAV update would fix it but my LS is 2014 and the Tacoma a 15 so I have to assume they either just found a fix it still might not solve my problem. I guess a lot of guys just use the aps and bluetooth over the preloaded music. What I like about my Tacoma is I can search the entire library with voice, in LS, not so much. The voice recognition is not as savvy so to speak.
Old 03-02-16, 09:19 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Dr. Jekyll,

Did you ever get this iPod question resolved or answered in your 2013+ LS?

I would also like to ermanently" plug in an iPod and leave it in the car all the time.
Old 03-02-16, 10:23 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jasone36
Dr. Jekyll,

Did you ever get this iPod question resolved or answered in your 2013+ LS?

I would also like to ermanently" plug in an iPod and leave it in the car all the time.
Nope. I have to use the patented "manual unplug and reconnect" method periodically.
Old 03-02-16, 10:40 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Got it.

Maybe it has something to do with the car's software version (or IOS version on the iPod).

I will be testing my iPod within the next few weeks to see what happens.

Our 2013+ models don't have an internal hard drive (storage for music, videos, etc), do they?
Old 03-02-16, 10:52 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jasone36
Got it.

Maybe it has something to do with the car's software version (or IOS version on the iPod).

I will be testing my iPod within the next few weeks to see what happens.

Our 2013+ models don't have an internal hard drive (storage for music, videos, etc), do they?
Yes they do. How large? I don't know. Can you load it? Doubt it.
Old 03-02-16, 10:58 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Yes they do. How large? I don't know. Can you load it? Doubt it.
Good to know, Dr. Jekyll.

It looks like I have some research to do this weekend
Old 04-21-22, 01:50 PM
Tdpham04
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
So I have a frustration when using the iPod in my car and actually I have the same issue in my Tacoma with the Entune and Nav as well. I like to just fill an iPod up with the music and playlists I like and plug it in and leave it. Problem is it takes awhile to start up. I don;t understand why because the player is paused and should automatically shut off but I get that sometimes it doesn't and it needs to power up before being recognized sometimes. But more often than not even when charged and connected my car doesn't recognize it. Then it does. Then it doesn't again. Does anyone else have this problem? Anybody find a solution besides opening my armrest up and unplugging and plugging the USB in again? It's like I need to insert a button switch inline on the cable to "reset" the iPod every time I need it.
Now it's 2022 April, I have EXACT same problem with Jekyll. It's frustrated. The hardwire USB connection to my iPod is "ON" and "OFF". 50% It detects there is an ipod present. 50% it doesn't recognize. Then I slide out arm rest cover, remove USB connector, re-insert, to regain its connection. I do not know why, it doesn't stay connected 100% of time when I started my car. But I am at least blessed that other 50% of times, it detects ipod connection, without my need remove/re-insert. However, if I can find a permanent way to have it connected 100% of time, then that would be excellent. Sometimes I wondered if the iPod unit attached o the car is an old model, it's ipod shuffle, that my daughter gave me. Thos unit still using the big connector on the ipod side.

However, I have an older car, 2010 Avalon, and I have have a permanent USB connection. And it works 100% of times. Never has issue re-attached to ipod after car startup. I am very surprised only few posts, and no answers, or solutions for this issue,.

Anyone has any ideas, please help me. Thanks

tdpham04
Old 04-21-22, 07:08 PM
Dolph1
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I think this probably depends on the iPod model. I have 3 different iPod models in use. I can’t recall which model but one appears buggy like you describe.
The following users liked this post:
Tdpham04 (04-21-22)