LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

OE parts online from dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-16 | 07:36 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

I deal with Lexus of Omaha all the time. That is where I get the LS serviced as my 2 sisters live in Omaha. Those guys in service and parts are the best. Great set of guys and gals. They will take care of you. Now the new car Manager is this bald headed guy who is the real deal and a super nice guy.

Dennis

Last edited by DJWLDW; 02-16-16 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-16-16 | 05:07 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rhambler
Here you go. Prices are about 20% less than counter, seemingly across the board, although my survey was short. The rubber mats are $85 bucks, versus well over $100 at the counter.

http://lparts247.com
So they cancelled my order because I asked them to ship it to my office and not UPS it to my POB (which can't be done anyway). When I called the parts department the guy really could've cared less about my order with one word answers and not bothering to ask if I still wanted the items or take the info over the phone. CS

Hello Omaha!!!!!
Old 02-27-16 | 12:22 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
So they cancelled my order because I asked them to ship it to my office and not UPS it to my POB (which can't be done anyway). When I called the parts department the guy really could've cared less about my order with one word answers and not bothering to ask if I still wanted the items or take the info over the phone. CS

Hello Omaha!!!!!
I felt I should update this post. While not entirely happy with the CS in Sacramento when I placed my order with Omaha the imputed a tax which put me over the top with my previous order so I went back to Sacramento and used a different card that worked. I was able to get my all weather floor mats and a couple of small items shipped with no tax for only $8.
Old 02-28-16 | 04:47 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome. Yeah, they are rather brisk at Sacramento. I was corresponding with a guy named Galen during my wheel purchase and, while nice, every email I got from him was IN ALL CAPS. I FELT LIKE HE WAS SCREAMING AT ME, LOL. The only bad thing was that he didn't know if the wheel was painted silver or of the tint I was hoping it was and he just bluntly said, "I don't know the exact finish other than what is says in the catalog, which is silver." I take it not many people order brand new wheels from them, so I didn't mind.

But, they offered to ship my wheels to my address for $8, but I asked if they could ship to the dealer and allow me to pick them up and they obliged since I didn't have much room to store them, even temporarily. When I arrived, they rolled them out to my car and loaded them for me and off to the tire shop, so that was nice of them.

I'm going to order the spare from them later. Another reason why I haven't put my wheels up for sale. I would rather try and sell all five at once.

Last edited by Rhambler; 02-28-16 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-28-16 | 07:45 AM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Awesome. Yeah, they are rather brisk at Sacramento. I was corresponding with a guy named Galen during my wheel purchase and, while nice, every email I got from him was IN ALL CAPS. I FELT LIKE HE WAS SCREAMING AT ME, LOL. The only bad thing was that he didn't know if the wheel was painted silver or of the tint I was hoping it was and he just bluntly said, "I don't know the exact finish other than what is says in the catalog, which is silver." I take it not many people order brand new wheels from them, so I didn't mind.

But, they offered to ship my wheels to my address for $8, but I asked if they could ship to the dealer and allow me to pick them up and they obliged since I didn't have much room to store them, even temporarily. When I arrived, they rolled them out to my car and loaded them for me and off to the tire shop, so that was nice of them.

I'm going to order the spare from them later. Another reason why I haven't put my wheels up for sale. I would rather try and sell all five at once.
What kind of wheels did you get...any pics??

BTW, $8 S&H for wheels is AWESOME!!!
Old 02-28-16 | 08:43 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Just got the 7-spoke 19 in OEM wheels.

Old 02-28-16 | 09:13 AM
XF40FSPORT
Intermediate

Very nice!

Any plans on tinting the windows?
Old 02-28-16 | 11:28 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not in any rush. I actually like it not tinted, although that may change come summertime. Every nice car around here is tinted, they all look the same lol. Not being tinted is actually different (or stupid) here in sunny California.

I got quoted $600 for full 3M crystalline of all windows except the windshield. If I do get my windows tinted, it would be almost invisible anyways, 60% or lighter. 50% would be too dark, lol. Again, just because dark tint is so prevalent around here, everywhere. I enjoy the light tint or no tint. I see a nice, expensive car with very, very light tint and I say to myself, "that's damn classy!" And since everyone has dark tint, that rare classy look suits me just fine.
Old 02-28-16 | 02:38 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Seems a lot of the dealers are going all caps to avoid confusion etc. I was thrown a bit at first myself.