LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-18, 03:49 PM
PackmanJim
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry that is not the picture I meant to post. That's a pic of my first car. How do I delete it?
Old 08-28-18, 03:53 PM
Vtallysx4
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by PackmanJim
Sorry that is not the picture I meant to post. That's a pic of my first car. How do I delete it?
I think you can edit the post and then delete the picture that way. That is a beautiful car too.
Old 08-28-18, 03:53 PM
Richyb1
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default OMG it is a Ford

I am surprised the photo took. It is a nice Bird though
Old 08-28-18, 08:41 PM
garybg2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 cloud ride

Just acquired a 2008 with 126,000 miles. Rides and drive like a dream. Gonna clean up the interior which is melting in the Houston heat and got a couple of bare spots to paint. I usually drive Trucks and Jeeps so this is a real change but doing lots of driving for work and this 2008 is great.

garybg2
Old 08-29-18, 05:22 AM
JBray
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

John
Atlanta, GA
2007 LS460 SWB
Verdigris Mica / Cashmere
Comfort Package
Mark Levinson
Bone Stock :-D, 3rd owner
Just did the wind noise fix, will post results. Thanks to all the posts and advice on this topic.
Old 08-29-18, 08:52 AM
Pnice
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ES2LS
what percent are tints?
Rear 15, front 35 percent.

Old 09-10-18, 09:06 AM
TableRock
Driver School Candidate

Default Newbie Lexus Lurker Here

Good Day,

I have yet to pull the trigger on a Lexus, but have an LS460 L in Mercury Metallic and Black Interior on my list. Being a former Range Rover owner, I'm only interested in the model and feature combination I can enjoy driving for many years to come without it having to have costly repairs or spend time at a mechanic. I may have found my dream car but have asked for some of the Lexus sages to give me their thoughts ahead of my costly purchase and lengthy drive home.

I'm partial to the looks of the pre-2013 model, but, if I'm educated that going with a 2013 or newer eliminates some costly possible issues, I'll certainly strongly consider that too. I was just reading about sticky dashboards and don't want that enormous cost to all of a sudden appear, for example.

I currently own a stable of Toyota vehicles, all purchased new, all have provided hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles.

A 2018 Highlander Limited Hybrid Platinum Package, most recently added. The RX450hL isn't rated for towing, so, the Highlander was the only option for me.

A 2017, 2015, and 3, 2013 Prius' as well as a 2008 Solara SLE convertible (just hit 40k miles) are presently owned and driven by myself and my family.

I live just outside of Branson, MO, on Table Rock Lake and as I'm approaching 50, with 5 kids, I'm not the one to be doing anything to my vehicle that isn't an OEM item without high confidence it won't impact my reliability. Reliability and the stock look are paramount to me.

Thank you for your wisdom and newbie question patience.
Old 09-10-18, 11:13 AM
joebinger
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down New Lexus Owner

Hey all, I bought a 08' Lexus LS460 60K white/white. Beautiful car, but probably my first and my last Lexus. I was so excited to buy a Lexus, all the LS460s I have rode in and driven were sweet, so you can imagine I was psyched to find a really good Lexus and I looked for months. Turns out, not so much of a nice car after all. I did not know that the interior melts, did not know the control arms constantly need replacement and certainly would not buy the car had I known the brake actuators were bad. The cost of the repairs is insane! I have already replaced the control arms ($700 including alignment not so bad, but still..). The melting interior ought to be replaced by Lexus as well as the brake actuators. My brake actuator was replaced in December 2016 by a Lexus dealer according to records, but the actuator in my car is one of the part numbers of a bad brake actuator run. Apparently, the bad part was replaced with another bad part number. I am not sure what I am going to do. Lexus USA said they could not help after I complained about replacing a bad part with a bad part. The interior is tacky on the dash and there have been some attempted repairs on the door panels, but the lower door panels are all cracked, this should not happen.
I should have done my research on Lexus, much more like I had been doing while searching for a new car, but my thought process was "A car with 60k mi on it should not have any major problems" Lexus is bulletproof, so I though. I was wrong and Lexus USA is not helping at all. As of today, I would put this model in the DO NOT BUY category. If Lexus fixed the known issues that's be one thing, but sweeping it under the rug or kicking the can down the road just makes for sour Lexus owners, I got a lemon.
If there are any suggestions about how to handle this, your opinion would be helpful. It is a beautiful car Opaline Pearl with parchment interior, love the color, but definitely not happy with the quality nor the lack of support from Lexus USA. This "repair" is something I would hope never to see on 60 minutes, but it just does not make sense for Lexus to replace a bad part with a bad part and claim the "problem is fixed". Help PLEASE!
Old 09-11-18, 09:19 AM
Beetr00t
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi all.

I just picked up a 2008 LS460 with 115,000 miles. Color is smoky granite mica.

Lately I've been driving all over the state of Arizona for work and I needed something a little more comfortable for cruising. I was planning on buying a 2014 Infiniti Q50, but this LS was for sale near my house so I went and checked it out. I loved it, bought it on the spot. I owned a GS450h in the past and my wife currently drives a CT200 F sport.

I took the LS on an inaugural 400 mile run yesterday and it did great other than showing symptoms of a little maintenance due. Plans for this week are:

Detail
New tires
New rotors and pads
Replace fog lights with bulbs that match headlight color
Axleback exhaust
Cabin air filter
Engine air filters

Old 09-12-18, 01:04 PM
Cotinga
Driver School Candidate

2018 Lexus ES 350, got it May 17. Silver metalic, parchment leather (letherex?) interior with dark wood, leather covered steering, moon roof, air cooled/heated seats, parking assist, lane change alert, night time automatic high beam. Auto seat adjustment.
Love, love the car. Feel pampered every time I drive it. My third Lexus (1998, 2005)
I love the way the interior illuminates. That was one problem I had with my previous care - black interior and everything was so dark when driving at night. Now I have lights at the touch of a finger and everything is bright and clear.
Still getting used to all the tech things. Somethings are unnecessarily repetitive in different screens which adds to the confusions and frusstration.
I did not get the Navigation packg on purpose and I am very glad.. I use a Garmin for navigation and I am very happy with it.
Old 09-14-18, 12:42 PM
whitLS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whitney
2008 460
Pearl White
She's basic
Old 09-14-18, 07:44 PM
ooutlaww45
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ls460L

New to the forum. I always been a Lexus owner, first time I bought an ls460L. I always wanted one and I love it. 2007 silver exterior, gray interior.
Old 09-15-18, 07:48 AM
baller46
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 ls460l

Hello this is Patrick and I love my 2007 ls460l.

I am new to the Lexus family this being my first Lexus. I am not sure of the package that it has at the moment.
Old 09-15-18, 10:56 PM
cooltech78
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 11 ls460l

New user to the forum, but have read a number of posts for my cars for a long time.
My first car back in high school was a 97 LS400, while unusual to see in our parking lot that car rode like a dream. Had a couple of other cars after that but for the past 7 years have been driving a beautiful 2001 LS430 with the UL package. Just hit 200k miles last month without much hassle at all (just needed a radiator 4 years ago and routine stuff). Stills runs and looks like new. Don't have the heart to sell it just yet, but decided it was time for a change and just picked up this loaded 2011 LS460L a couple of days ago and am ecstatic! Already have a list of things to do with it over the next few weeks and am looking forward to a road trip in it next month.

The following users liked this post:
2xLexusOwn (11-23-22)
Old 09-20-18, 09:52 PM
Monroe1
Driver School Candidate

Default Alvin Chicago Illinois

2010 Lexus LS 460L awd Mercury metallic black leather PREFERRED ACCESSORY PACKAGE POWER REAR-DOOR SUNSHADES LUXURY VALUE EDITIONMARK LEVINSON AUDIO/DVD CHANGER Preferred Accessory Package Cold Weather Package Leather Seat Trim Cold Weather Package

Last edited by Monroe1; 09-20-18 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Supposed didn't look right

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!