LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-21 | 10:28 PM
FirstLS460
7th Gear

Kris here. Just purchased 2008 LS460 L. Unmolested and only 34k.

First mod was window tint.

Last edited by FirstLS460; 02-06-22 at 08:28 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by FirstLS460:
2xLexusOwn (11-23-22), Boomin (11-25-21)
Old 11-25-21 | 09:18 AM
JMPLS460
Driver School Candidate

Default New/First Time Lexus Owner

Long time FJ Cruiser owner, recently purchased a 2010 Lexus LS 460 AWD in Mercury Metallic with Black interior. 47k mikes. Car to be delivered tomorrow. Needed a new full time ride, a buddy who was looking around for me found this and told me to buy with confidence, trusting his judgement i did just they. Looking forward to getting to know the ride. Only thing it might need is some winter tires for the NE winter knocking on the doorstep.
Old 11-26-21 | 03:16 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by FirstLS460
Kris here. Just purchasea 2008 LS460 L. Unmolested and only 34k.

First mod was window tint.
Nice find Kris, and welcome to the forum and the Lwb family! She looks beautiful and like she was well maintained. At only 34k miles, that's almost like new.
The following 2 users liked this post by lwphat66:
FirstLS460 (12-04-21), spartancub (12-27-21)
Old 12-04-21 | 09:15 PM
todbundy
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Hello, new member here, my name is Tyler! I currently live in Salem, Oregon but I grew up in Portland. I have been lingering in the shadows of CL and other forums for quite a few years now. I have built a lot of different cars i.e. drift cars, race cars (drag, airstrip, street warriors) and one of my DREAM cars has been an LS460LWB since I saw that car come to fruition late 2006, I fell in complete love. I am a huge fan of multiple generations of the LS (among so many other chassis') but these specific cars just have a special place in my heart.

I had the opportunity to get one that was originally a Texas based car (per the documents I found and saved data) Black/Black 2007 LS460 with executive package, ML system, etc. I actually began this build a couple years ago with a friend as a side thing and started by ordering an Airtekk suspension for it and then some Wed 19x10 19x11 wheels. Unfortunately,the wheels ended up being the wrong lug pattern but luckily, my friend ended up having a set of 22" Asanti wheels off of a Maserati so I put those on it. As it got closer to getting the car road worthy, I couldn't resist making it completely mine so I decided to pull the trigger on it and I had it on the road last November.

I plan/planned to get wheels for it but have been pretty happy with how these look on it for now and started them as my "winter wheels" until I figure out a direction. I have always been a static guy but literally have a mountain for a driveway that is not possible to use ramps with even 12' ramps (trust me, I tried). So pictured below, is my LS sitting at my typical ride height for the majority of my Oregon driving unless something is getting physically torn off- I enjoy my car as low as possible because it looks so damn good plus, it keeps me out of trouble for the most part haha.

I am not one to post much but am super excited to have this car and don't ever see myself removing it from my stable so here I am! I have a lot of work and plans for this car moving forward but here she sits as my day to day vehicle and have been nothing short of thrilled to start my journey with it. Here are a few of the specs:

2007 LS460LWB
ML system
Executive Package
Airtekk Cois/Bags
3A Controller with bluetooth
22x10.5 +17 all around (with 8mm spacers)

Last edited by todbundy; 12-04-21 at 09:21 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by todbundy:
2xLexusOwn (11-23-22), altoreid (12-05-21), Boomin (12-05-21), FirstLS460 (12-28-21)
Old 12-05-21 | 01:38 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by todbundy
Hello, new member here, my name is Tyler! I currently live in Salem, Oregon but I grew up in Portland. I have been lingering in the shadows of CL and other forums for quite a few years now. I have built a lot of different cars i.e. drift cars, race cars (drag, airstrip, street warriors) and one of my DREAM cars has been an LS460LWB since I saw that car come to fruition late 2006, I fell in complete love. I am a huge fan of multiple generations of the LS (among so many other chassis') but these specific cars just have a special place in my heart.

I had the opportunity to get one that was originally a Texas based car (per the documents I found and saved data) Black/Black 2007 LS460 with executive package, ML system, etc. I actually began this build a couple years ago with a friend as a side thing and started by ordering an Airtekk suspension for it and then some Wed 19x10 19x11 wheels. Unfortunately,the wheels ended up being the wrong lug pattern but luckily, my friend ended up having a set of 22" Asanti wheels off of a Maserati so I put those on it. As it got closer to getting the car road worthy, I couldn't resist making it completely mine so I decided to pull the trigger on it and I had it on the road last November.

I plan/planned to get wheels for it but have been pretty happy with how these look on it for now and started them as my "winter wheels" until I figure out a direction. I have always been a static guy but literally have a mountain for a driveway that is not possible to use ramps with even 12' ramps (trust me, I tried). So pictured below, is my LS sitting at my typical ride height for the majority of my Oregon driving unless something is getting physically torn off- I enjoy my car as low as possible because it looks so damn good plus, it keeps me out of trouble for the most part haha.

I am not one to post much but am super excited to have this car and don't ever see myself removing it from my stable so here I am! I have a lot of work and plans for this car moving forward but here she sits as my day to day vehicle and have been nothing short of thrilled to start my journey with it. Here are a few of the specs:

2007 LS460LWB
ML system
Executive Package
Airtekk Cois/Bags
3A Controller with bluetooth
22x10.5 +17 all around (with 8mm spacers)
Sweet ride brother! Welcome to the forum and the Lwb family as well (same year and color combo as mine too). Like you, plan on keeping mine for as long as possible. I look forward to your future mods, what do ya have in mind next or are currently working on?
Old 12-06-21 | 05:45 PM
todbundy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lwphat66
Sweet ride brother! Welcome to the forum and the Lwb family as well (same year and color combo as mine too). Like you, plan on keeping mine for as long as possible. I look forward to your future mods, what do ya have in mind next or are currently working on?
Thank you bro! Hard not to want to keep this car around. I definitely want to get a lip kit/full kit I'm still trying to see what I can find for it. I really like the aimgain kit and I found one awhile back someone had posted it was like Acelsion or something similar to that (I'm learning all the different brands bare with me). Def some wheels want to get more aggressive and do some more fender/quarter work but all and all I'm enjoying it the way it is!

I don't feel I can ever "leave it be" so I may get around to building an exhaust. I do some custom fabrication work so I can get some materials and come up with something for it I do like the factory tips already aswell so probably keep that or something close to it.

Where's your yacht at let's see it!
Old 12-07-21 | 03:37 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by todbundy
Thank you bro! Hard not to want to keep this car around. I definitely want to get a lip kit/full kit I'm still trying to see what I can find for it. I really like the aimgain kit and I found one awhile back someone had posted it was like Acelsion or something similar to that (I'm learning all the different brands bare with me). Def some wheels want to get more aggressive and do some more fender/quarter work but all and all I'm enjoying it the way it is!

I don't feel I can ever "leave it be" so I may get around to building an exhaust. I do some custom fabrication work so I can get some materials and come up with something for it I do like the factory tips already aswell so probably keep that or something close to it.

Where's your yacht at let's see it!
Sounds like you got a solid plan and a great platform to work with (although some things are limited and the nice parts tend to be on the expensive side), I'm looking forward to your progression. Nothing too over the top with mine, I do have a build thread but haven't had time to do much lately: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...d-refresh.html
Would be great for you to start one as well, so it can be found easily. I haven't done a ton of mods, but a decent amount and some OEM fixes, so if you ever have any questions, hit me up.

Old 12-07-21 | 05:35 PM
chk713
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,
My name is Charlie from Hartsdale, NY. I'm excited to get my new ride 2009 Lexus 460 AWD Black/Black. She is just over 100k miles and the previous owner kept the car very clean & all in original parts - I love how she drives. I initially like to focus on some of the maintenance issues (control arms, brake actuator & possibly deleting air suspension when they go) then will look into other stealth mods - I prefer OEM looks with some mod that I can notice. ^^ Thanks everyone who put great contents in this forum and I hope to contribute some stuff in future.

Old 12-08-21 | 04:24 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by chk713
Hi everyone,
My name is Charlie from Hartsdale, NY. I'm excited to get my new ride 2009 Lexus 460 AWD Black/Black. She is just over 100k miles and the previous owner kept the car very clean & all in original parts - I love how she drives. I initially like to focus on some of the maintenance issues (control arms, brake actuator & possibly deleting air suspension when they go) then will look into other stealth mods - I prefer OEM looks with some mod that I can notice. ^^ Thanks everyone who put great contents in this forum and I hope to contribute some stuff in future.
Congrats on the black on black find Charlie, and welcome to the forum. Better post a pic before the photo police show up. LOL
I've already replaced all 8 front control arms and next up are valve covers and hi-pressure fuel pumps gaskets, spark plugs/seals, and a couple of vent tubes.
Old 12-08-21 | 08:38 AM
chk713
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lwphat66
Congrats on the black on black find Charlie, and welcome to the forum. Better post a pic before the photo police show up. LOL
I've already replaced all 8 front control arms and next up are valve covers and hi-pressure fuel pumps gaskets, spark plugs/seals, and a couple of vent tubes.
Thank you. Since she is pure OEM, I wasn't sure if pictures will do anything good but here are some pictures. You have all my to do list and I will be very curious how your projects will go. I'm hoping that gaskets & seals will last long but will have to do those within couple years. I got my techstream working and I am thinking about brake bleeding as my first project - sounds like there is clicking notice coming from brake actuator (sounds more like air bubble in the system). If that doesn't work, I would probably have to drop some money for brake actuator replacement - but we'll see. Mechanically, others look good for now.

Old 12-09-21 | 03:06 PM
BrianHoeck
Driver School Candidate

Brian - Woodstock, IL (NW suburb of Chicago)

2007 LS 460 RWD
Mercury Metallic exterior
Black interior

Mark Levinson package
Navigation / A
dvanced Parking Guidance
Comfort Plus Package (Includes: Power Rear Seats with Memory, Rear Seat Side Airbags, Heated Steering Wheel, Climate Comfort Front & Rear Cooled/Heated Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Headlamp Washers)

The following users liked this post:
spartancub (12-27-21)
Old 12-19-21 | 08:42 PM
htran11
8th Gear

Smile Unicorn

MINT
2008 Ls460
silver exterior
black interior
base model
rwd
very very low mileage… lol
goals- semi VIP

Mint condition… 2700 miles

Last edited by htran11; 12-19-21 at 08:47 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by htran11:
2xLexusOwn (11-23-22), Lavoisier (12-20-21), Rajananda (12-19-21), spartancub (12-27-21)
Old 12-20-21 | 01:07 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Originally Posted by htran11
MINT
2008 Ls460
silver exterior
black interior
base model
rwd
very very low mileage… lol
goals- semi VIP
Mint condition… 2700 miles
Nice find, that thing isn't even really broken in yet! Look forward to seeing your mods brother.
Old 12-20-21 | 05:42 AM
Boomin
Racer

"Whacha talking Willis"

Htran explain!
Congratulations
Old 12-20-21 | 02:26 PM
htran11
8th Gear

Default Yep

Originally Posted by Boomin
"Whacha talking Willis"

Htran explain!
Congratulations

The following 2 users liked this post by htran11:
Boomin (12-20-21), NiceLS460 (12-20-21)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!