LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-24, 09:00 AM
Emielio
9th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PianoPaul
I bought a 25 year old VW Transporter with 500k on the odometer just to avoid having to put a hitch on mine.
Actually cheaper than retrofitting a hitch.
Allready having to many cars. My Tesla is not allowed to pull anything, because of the same stupid goverment. And i will sell my Toyota landcruizer because 3 cars is to many.
Old 02-16-24, 05:28 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 410 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Emielio
Could you explain a bit more, and give me a link to the products.. I am not familiar with these.

I pmed you.
Old 02-17-24, 06:55 AM
HerrHepcat
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS evolved

- 2013 LS460L AWD
- Obsidian; Black
- Ultra Luxury Package

About 20 years ago I had a 1993 LS400. I always said it was the best car I ever owned. Last October I decided to change from a Toyota Sequoia to this LS460. It may take the reign of best car.

The following 2 users liked this post by HerrHepcat:
Boomin (02-17-24), scutch (02-20-24)
Old 02-20-24, 05:47 AM
vcole423
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there, I own a 2008 LS460. Gray exterior Black interior. It's a great car. I joined to get some insight on repairs and such.
Old 02-23-24, 08:16 AM
Hamby86
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am the new owner of a 2007 LS460 I purchased via Cars and Bids with 142k miles, which, from the records, seems to have been very well maintained. This is not a daily driver since I work from home, but simply to replace a Ford Fiesta my wife purchased in 2011. With kids now, I wanted something bigger that I could drive when we needed a second car and something much more comfortable for road trips. My wife has been driving our 2016 Sonata Hybrid every day, and I cringed every time I had to get into the Fiesta and make little trips while she had the Hyundai.

This forum has already been a wealth of information. Today, I replaced the TPMS and put in new Michelin Defender 2 tires. The trunk sticky button is on order as well as the gear shift dust cover. I am looking forward to the next Grom vLite2 group buy as well. I think then this car will be completely sorted outside of anything major that might pop up from normal maintenance.
The following users liked this post:
Boomin (02-23-24)
Old 02-23-24, 07:22 PM
Boomin
Racer

Congratulations Hamby! Great find.
Old 02-25-24, 03:48 AM
Hamby86
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boomin
Congratulations Hamby! Great find.
Did you see it on cars and bids? Would love any thoughts from more experienced owners such as yourself
Old 02-25-24, 07:22 AM
Muhammad0217
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Member

Peace to all, my name is Kenneth Muhammad and I am the owner of a Lexus 2008 LS. I purchase it about 3 months ago with only 129350 miles on it. with an excellent carfax. I am the third owner of this car and I thoroughly appreciate Lexus technology and ingenuity.

One of the main reason for joining beside being an owner of a lexus, is that my brother recommended that I become of part of the Lexus Family.
Boomin (02-25-24)
Old 02-25-24, 06:18 PM
Boomin
Racer

Originally Posted by Hamby86
Did you see it on cars and bids? Would love any thoughts from more experienced owners such as yourself
Yes I did, really killer price, seats are in great condition too! How exciting was that experience in bidding? Haha I've been out bidded a few times. LS400, LS430, found my gem locally. Had to do break actuator but other than that smooth sailing. Keeping this till the wheels fall off
Old 02-26-24, 12:19 PM
Hamby86
Rookie

Originally Posted by Boomin
Yes I did, really killer price, seats are in great condition too! How exciting was that experience in bidding? Haha I've been out bidded a few times. LS400, LS430, found my gem locally. Had to do break actuator but other than that smooth sailing. Keeping this till the wheels fall off
To be honest, it was nerve-wracking. I knew what my limit was going to be to still end up having a solid deal with full understanding I would need to do some things to the car to bring it up to my own standard. I have already replaced the sticky trunk button on my own, all new Michelin Defender 2 tires (needed new tires); I took it to a friend's house who has a nice car lift to inspect the control arms, and all looked great, and the shifter dust cover is on order. I just had the oil changed at my local Lexus dealership this morning, and they were impressed at how clean it is, saying it would need new rear brakes and a new battery this summer for the following 150k mile service (I will do the brakes and rotors myself but will buy the battery from Lexus since it is the same price at a local shop).

I know a local detailer who will help do some paint touch-ups and attempt to correct the orange peel that the previous owner failed to do in addition to a full claybar and buffing to remove some imperfections. Also, the driver window tint has some nasty spots, and a new tint job will occur before summer. The only other thing I would like to do is add the Grom vLite2 for Carplay/Android Auto.

I work from home, so mileage during the week won't be much, but this will be a welcomed addition for long car rides.
Boomin (02-26-24)
Old 03-02-24, 02:36 PM
malo9673
1st Gear

Hi all. I just purchased a 2011 LS 460 with 94k on it. I've only had it for a few days but I will say, this is the best car I've ever driven. Simply amazing. I love it.

Old 03-07-24, 09:31 AM
mrsrhondahoward
2nd gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Smile Longtime Lexus Lover ( owner) - Newbie here!!

Hello to all, my name is Rhonda Howard and I am the owner of a 2007 Lexus LS460.
I purchase it about 6 years ago ( in 2016 it had 106,000 miles on it and in excellent condition, with all Lexus service records included). HAPPY FIND FOR ME. :-)
This month I hit 215,000 miles with the engine and transmission still going strong. I am the third owner of this car and I thoroughly appreciate Lexus technology and reliability. This is my 3rd Lexus vehicle and I have never been disappointed.

One of the main reason for joining beside being an owner of a Lexus, is that my brother n law recommended that I become of part of the Lexus Family. With so many miles, Im expecting issues to come up, and wanted to see the feedback from other Lexus owners.

Thank you for being here and I look forward to participating.

The following 4 users liked this post by mrsrhondahoward:
AzL460 (03-07-24), Boomin (03-07-24), Logicallychallenged (04-27-24), malo9673 (03-07-24)
Old 03-07-24, 01:24 PM
HJP12
Pit Crew

Received 136 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsrhondahoward
Hello to all, my name is Rhonda Howard and I am the owner of a 2007 Lexus LS460.
I purchase it about 6 years ago ( in 2016 it had 106,000 miles on it and in excellent condition, with all Lexus service records included). HAPPY FIND FOR ME. :-)
This month I hit 215,000 miles with the engine and transmission still going strong. I am the third owner of this car and I thoroughly appreciate Lexus technology and reliability. This is my 3rd Lexus vehicle and I have never been disappointed.

One of the main reason for joining beside being an owner of a Lexus, is that my brother n law recommended that I become of part of the Lexus Family. With so many miles, Im expecting issues to come up, and wanted to see the feedback from other Lexus owners.

Thank you for being here and I look forward to participating.

Wow, very impressive miles, have you had any issues other than standard maintenance?

​​​​​​​
Logicallychallenged (04-27-24)
Old 03-11-24, 04:57 PM
BreadProTV
2nd gear

Accidentally posted the same thing twice. See below.

Last edited by BreadProTV; 03-11-24 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Accidentally multi-post
Old 03-11-24, 05:00 PM
BreadProTV
2nd gear

Hello and nice to meet you all. I'm "closing" on a grandma-champagne 2011 LS 460 in a couple weeks after I retire from the Navy in about a week and a half. I come from the Scooby community, my first being a GC-8 N/A '95 Impreza with no mods, middle being an 02 bugeye WRX getting no further than "stage 2" (up-pipe, downpipe, exhaust, and an off-the-shelf tune from the Cobb Accessport), and last being an 06 LGT Limited with a lot of money under the hood and a mod-list longer than anyone here probably wants to read about, pro-tuned and dyno'd at 320AWHP/360AWTQ (highest numbers the tuner [YimiSport] has ever seen from a VF series turbo). Currently I only own a 2016 Polaris Slingshot in the stock bright red and although it's an absolute BLAST as a daily in San Diego, it won't work as a daily in Charlotte, NC, where I'm moving to after retirement. I know the grandma-champagne color can be a bit off-putting to some, but I have always driven everything I own like a bat out of hell, and kept the LGT as stock looking as possible and even did a custom exhaust setup to flow as good as possible while being as quiet as possible with added high-flow resonators (minus the external wastegate with screamer tube/VTA [vent to atmosphere]) in order to have power without being conspicuous, and that's exactly why I am about to buy the LS 460. It will not be as fast as my highly-modded 06 LGT and I'm ok with that, but it will be powerful and inconspicuous, which is exactly what I built my last car for and why I appreciate the grandma-champagne LS 460 for. I can feel a bit put back into my seat when needed, and no cop is gunna look twice at this car when he's wondering who to pull over for speeding when he's got multiple options. I am a bit (a lot) disappointed in aftermarket availability, but I'm also 100% cool with keeping this land yacht stock for, allegedly, 1M miles. There are *SOME* mods I want to do, but they're all gunna be aesthetic. I have already picked out a nice wheel and tire setup and am also considering the TINIEST lip on the trunk with paint matching. I realize what this car is supposed to do and I'm not gunna try to make it do something else.

Last edited by BreadProTV; 03-11-24 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! LS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!