LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I've gone all in

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 03:02 PM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
I didn't drive it for the first 8-9 months of ownership - instead just basically admired it and waxed it - but then something happened...something strange...someone told me that they consider it the ultimate car, and I agreed with them. But then that same person asked me why I wasn't driving it, and I told him that I didn't want to ruin it.
There's a saying among some Ferrari owners, "Not driving your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she will be more desirable to her next boyfriend".

I drive the car, I drive it a lot. In fact I get a bit depressed if I don't put my usual 600 miles a week on it now (it's a sickness, I know).
Good for you, drive the car. The only reason I have only 95,000 miles on my 2007 LS is I'm retired and don't need to drive as much any more. Plus I still had my beloved Infiniti Q45a ("a" for active suspension) up until 2011. It had 188,000 miles on it before I had to give it up because the rust became just too much.

Yesterday I completed my usual 600 week worth of commuting by traveling 260 miles in sub zero temperatures in the Notheast (-15 and my lord was it ridiculous). What can I say, the car just loves to be driven and in that weather it was certainly an unusual experience.
I just came back from driving my Ferrari down to Florida for the Cavallino Classic. Equally an unusual experience. North of the Mason/Dixon line nobody is expecting to see a Ferrari on the road in January. Of course I had to time it for the weather (no snow), and be careful because the ultra high performance Pirelli's get a little squirrelly when it's cold.

So is anyone else going the distance with these cars? I find a lot of people don't really drive these cars much, it's not their daily driver, etc.
I'm in for the long haul. I won't meet the mileage record, but I have every intent on having this car for many more years.
Old 02-16-16, 04:50 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 507 Likes on 385 Posts

From the day I bought mine, I drive it like I stole it....every day. I bought it with 60k miles and two years later, I now have over 100k trouble free and worry freee miles. Only thing I've had to do is a water pump and a battery. I intend to keep driving it for anpther 100k miles easy......unless I come across some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket, in which case I'll "upgrade" to a newer model. The same could not be said for my previous ride - a 7 series BMW that caused me nothing but grief and drama EVERY frickin' day.
Old 02-16-16, 05:20 PM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw one for sale when I was looking (can't remember if 2007 or 2008) that had ~190k miles. Looked thrashed as you'd expect, but seller said it ran well.

My 2008 doesn't get driven much as I don't commute by car. It's approaching 46000 miles, for a pace of about 6000/year since I bought it. With that mileage, and after premature control arm replacement, it feels like a new car.
Old 02-16-16, 05:34 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
There's a saying among some Ferrari owners, "Not driving your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she will be more desirable to her next boyfriend".

Good for you, drive the car. The only reason I have only 95,000 miles on my 2007 LS is I'm retired and don't need to drive as much any more. Plus I still had my beloved Infiniti Q45a ("a" for active suspension) up until 2011. It had 188,000 miles on it before I had to give it up because the rust became just too much.

I just came back from driving my Ferrari down to Florida for the Cavallino Classic. Equally an unusual experience. North of the Mason/Dixon line nobody is expecting to see a Ferrari on the road in January. Of course I had to time it for the weather (no snow), and be careful because the ultra high performance Pirelli's get a little squirrelly when it's cold.

I'm in for the long haul. I won't meet the mileage record, but I have every intent on having this car for many more years.
I've never seen the type of Ferrari you have on the road, must be an awesome car. I'm some what in love with the Ferrari LaFerrari, although I realize it's not exactly an elegant Ferrari, but it's just such a badass super car. Love how the seats don't move and the steering wheel and pedals come out to meet you. If I had an extra 1.6 million laying around I'd buy one.
Old 02-17-16, 11:19 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I didn't drive it for the first 8-9 months of ownership - instead just basically admired it and waxed it -
Srsly?