LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I was going for take-out for my family, and....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-16 | 10:40 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Wow...that really sucks. Looks like the LS held up and you and your family are safe. Looks repairable for sure.
Old 02-26-16 | 12:16 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CRowe14
I sincerely hate to hear about this occurrence, and as others have said, Im glad you seem to be ok without any physical ailments.
Judging from the photos, I would absolutely make sure a thorough inspection is performed on the suspension, namely the UC/LCA's, wheel bearing inner/outer tie rods and suspension tower.
After recently dealing with the replacement of my UCA's and now being rather familiar with the build of the front suspension elements, I can say that though very well made, it also seems as if tolerances are very strict to enable the car to operate as smoothly as it does.
Bushings/rubber can take wear, but shock from impact may prove to be another story.

Glad you are fine and I'm sure all will be taken care of correctly and in a professional manner.
You gotta get that beautiful LS back on the road!
I appreciate the suggestions!

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Glad to hear your family and you are walking away safe! You probably heard this a hundred times but cars are replaceable, your family is not.

-Josh
I don't mind hearing it again.

Originally Posted by MrMark
Wow...that really sucks. Looks like the LS held up and you and your family are safe. Looks repairable for sure.
Thanks for the condolences. I think the repair will go great. One of my concerns was the paint matching of the replaced panel and driver's door to the rest of that side of the car, but I was assured they will "blend" the rear door so that the paint job will look uniform. I hope so.

Fortunately, I was the only one in the car. I was actually picking up fast food for my wife and son, not me. I intend to use my noble sacrifice as leverage in having my car detailed, inside and out, about which I had (fortunately) delayed discussing with my wife, LOL.
Old 02-26-16 | 02:32 PM
Nospinzone

Originally Posted by Gbp
Fortunately, I was the only one in the car. I was actually picking up fast food for my wife and son, not me. .
And everyone thinks unhealthy eating is the only problem with fast food!
Old 02-26-16 | 02:37 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Glad you're safe and hopefully your insurance will get you back on the road in short time.
Old 02-27-16 | 11:32 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Glad you're safe and hopefully your insurance will get you back on the road in short time.
Thanks! I'm told my car will be ready on Tuesday. On Monday, the dealer will do a complete safety inspection. I'll make sure the areas of concern everyone has brought up here have been addressed. I appreciate all the good wishes and valuable feedback.
Old 03-08-16 | 10:19 PM
lextout
Racer

Expect to see some deprecation value due to it being noted on car fax as a collision and paint work done, Try to recoup as much of the value as you can from the insurance.
Old 03-09-16 | 09:57 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Originally Posted by lextout
Expect to see some deprecation value due to it being noted on car fax as a collision and paint work done, Try to recoup as much of the value as you can from the insurance.

I'm glad everything turned out okay.

As lextout stated, unfortunately this will be a MAJOR red flag when you attempt to sell the car. It'll show up in Carfax most likely, and probably in other sources too.

If you decide to trade it in eventually, expect a dealer to give you about 60% - 70% of the already super-low "trade-in value" on the car...

This is the unfortunate reality.
Old 03-11-16 | 11:48 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the diminished value information. My insurance company won't report the accident to Carfax. They send information to ISO (Insurance Service Organization). I haven't researched them yet. The body shop doesn't report to Carfax. I'll find out if the police report will get sent to Carfax or is shared with them. I guess the best test is to wait a while and order a Carfax report.

It's up to me to file a diminished value claim with the insurer of the driver at fault. My insurance company will give me the appropriate contact information, but that's about it.

I received the car back when promised,. It looks and feels great! I'll post an after picture once the weather clears.