LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rear End Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-23, 05:08 AM
07blkphoenixls460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wlmitty
I wonder if the rear half shafts maybe a culprit. A worn CV joint can vibrate like that too.
what I did noticed was when I switched my tires from the old chrome wheels to other wheels that I know are good the vibration got worse so I’m pretty sure it has to do with the tires at a start but it can also be something more I will be checking all the suspension components later this week for worn bushings. How do I check the driveline or is that dealership from what I heard there was a issue with alignment?
Old 09-05-23, 06:33 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,302 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Why would you need to check the drive line when you stated you just replaced it with a new updated one? You seem to be certain it's tires and wheels in your posts. I'm having difficulty following your train of thought. Now you're thinking it could be other components. Rotating tires as suggested would clearly tell you if it is the issue but you don't say you will try that. Read your posts and the replies again carefully and try some of these suggestions.
Old 09-05-23, 08:34 AM
07blkphoenixls460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by swfla
Why would you need to check the drive line when you stated you just replaced it with a new updated one? You seem to be certain it's tires and wheels in your posts. I'm having difficulty following your train of thought. Now you're thinking it could be other components. Rotating tires as suggested would clearly tell you if it is the issue but you don't say you will try that. Read your posts and the replies again carefully and try some of these suggestions.
i apologize i meant to say if I replace the driveline would it help?I have not replaced it. And I will rotate the tires to see if the vibration moves towards the front or stays in the rear.
Old 09-05-23, 10:04 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,302 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Maybe. Just replacing parts without confirming that it is an issue is expensive. Your best bet is to inspect and confirm wear one part at a time.
Old 09-05-23, 11:30 AM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,241 Likes on 925 Posts

Just start by moving ONE tire at a time to the front on the side it's worse like already told to above.

Then you can start checking other items
The following users liked this post:
07blkphoenixls460 (09-05-23)
Old 09-06-23, 11:40 AM
07blkphoenixls460
Driver School Candidate

So I went to do a errand with my wife yesterday seeing how the car reacts but one thing I definitely noticed was the vibration from the rear definitely got reduced a lot I mean a lot that my wife and I where shocked when I was under constant acceleration not super fast but definitely not your regular normal kind. As soon as I let off he gas it slowly started to come back the vibration rotational feel. So I don’t know if that helps for someone to help me. I have not had a chance to rotate the tires to the front yet soon I will to see if that helps the problem. But I wanted to share that of what I noticed.
Old 09-06-23, 12:00 PM
Gerf
Pole Position

Received 859 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by 07blkphoenixls460
So I went to do a errand with my wife yesterday seeing how the car reacts but one thing I definitely noticed was the vibration from the rear definitely got reduced a lot I mean a lot that my wife and I where shocked when I was under constant acceleration not super fast but definitely not your regular normal kind. As soon as I let off he gas it slowly started to come back the vibration rotational feel. So I don’t know if that helps for someone to help me. I have not had a chance to rotate the tires to the front yet soon I will to see if that helps the problem. But I wanted to share that of what I noticed.
So you haven't tried any of the suggestions in this whole thread yet? it's been 6 days since you first posted.
Are you able to do any of these suggestions yourself or are you waiting for an appointment with a repair shop?

Old 09-06-23, 12:07 PM
07blkphoenixls460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gerf
So you haven't tried any of the suggestions in this whole thread yet? it's been 6 days since you first posted.
Are you able to do any of these suggestions yourself or are you waiting for an appointment with a repair shop?
i was on vacation and I drove my other car and I work 5-6 days a week 10 hour days so it’s hard to work on the car and balance time with my family that will always come first. Yes I am able to do them I just gotta have free time to do them I just wanted to share what I noticed yesterday if anyone had any other pinpoint idea to look for that’s all
Old 09-06-23, 12:20 PM
Gerf
Pole Position

Received 859 Likes on 634 Posts

Well just drive your other car until you have time to look at the 460, family comes first.
Old 09-11-23, 08:05 AM
07blkphoenixls460
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Wlmitty
I wonder if the rear half shafts maybe a culprit. A worn CV joint can vibrate like that too.
well I think I found my problem so this weekend I finally had time to jack up the car and finally check her out so I looked under the car while the car was in drive and definitely saw the rotational hop coming from the wheels again but again I know these wheels are good so I took them off and then re-did the same thing and what do I see still doing it come to find out the outer cv joint is the culprit of my vibration/ hop of both my rear end sides so that’s where I’m going to start I also did noticed the differential bushing worn and torn so I will be replacing those while I’m at it as well. So after that I will be re checking it all hopefully that should do it. Thanks again for all the input.