LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Owner...question about rear entertainment system

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-16, 04:00 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New Owner...question about rear entertainment system

Been around CL for a while with (a few) other projects... Last week I picked up a first gen 460 that has the rear DVD and flip down screen.

In the rear center console theres an RCA panel that im assuming is Aux-in? My question is will that Aux in play on the front screen as well?

Ive had the car a week and have literally (only) driven it twice to the store up the block.

That changes this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails New Owner...question about rear entertainment system-dg460.jpg  
Old 04-24-16, 05:39 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Been around CL for a while with (a few) other projects... Last week I picked up a first gen 460 that has the rear DVD and flip down screen.

In the rear center console theres an RCA panel that im assuming is Aux-in? My question is will that Aux in play on the front screen as well?

Ive had the car a week and have literally (only) driven it twice to the store up the block.

That changes this weekend!
Congrats on the new car! Please post pics, especially of the rear entertainment system.

I am not familiar with your setup, but if the built-in DVD player delivers a signal only to the flip down screen, I would guess the Aux input would also deliver video only to this screen. There may be an option to deliver the signal to the front screen also when the vehicle is parked. You should be able to test this very easily by plugging in a portable DVD player. On second thoughts, I doubt if the Aux input would even accept a video jack (video + L/R audio). The owner's manual should clearly describe the function of the Aux input. I know that in 2013+ models, the CD player in the dash is actually a DVD player that will play videos on the front screen when the vehicle is parked.
Old 05-01-16, 05:16 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks

The front headunit is a DVD changer, theres also another DVD player in the rear seating area.

I installed a Data Systems NAV/DVD bypass....but Like you mentioned, the AUX in the back only plays (i hooked up a portable player) on the rear fold down screen....unless I find out other info in the manual when I get it....or a hack
Attached Thumbnails New Owner...question about rear entertainment system-20160426_101640.jpg