LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

exhaust mod thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-16, 08:32 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 508 Likes on 385 Posts
Default exhaust mod thread

Uhhhh....anyone know what happened to the exhaust thread?
Old 05-31-16, 06:38 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 343 Likes on 262 Posts

Guess it's exhausted.
Old 05-31-16, 06:56 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

<br >

It had such high hopes and dreams.
Old 05-31-16, 12:25 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He probably needed to pay his sponsership fees...
Old 05-31-16, 01:43 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Well it's unfortunate. He clearly asked mods to guide him on content, rules etc. He was onto a product that I believe many will love. Despite the nasty comments and "nosy neighbours" trying to rat him out, he kept everybody in the loop on what he was up to. I've tried to reach out to him in a message, but I haven't heard back. Hopefully, something can be worked out.
Old 05-31-16, 02:28 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

He was definitely onto something and seem like he garnered some positive feedback from those that heard/seen the setup in person. It is a shame indeed we didn't get to see what all that magic was about.

No guarantees but after some research and discussion with my tech I think may have figured out how his setup may have been but can build on that idea to even offer some range of adjustability as well. And no, it's not using washers and long bolts.

Once I test it on my own ride I don't mind sharing it on a separate thread or my build thread with full pictures available and with step by step DIY of what to do and what to buy. Of course, at no cost and free for the community to use or revise upon at will.
Old 05-31-16, 02:43 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm not giving up. At least not yet. I'm sorting out how to go about this via the forum rules. I did violate the forum rules by posting a thread trying to "Gather Interest." It wasn't my intention to break any rules. I just wasn't familiar with that one.

There are a couple hurdles to jump through, and I'm measuring them to see how high they are.

The administrator did mention that thread could be put back on CL, pending my follow through. I plan on rolling legit. I've stumbled into one issue, could be a showstopper.

Last edited by 7milesout; 05-31-16 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-31-16, 03:13 PM
7milesout
Advanced

As I understand, step 1 is to "Join the Community." I've never heard this prior to having my thread pulled. I've looked all over the CL website. I can't seem to find a way to do this. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the guidance.
Old 05-31-16, 03:20 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 7milesout
As I understand, step 1 is to "Join the Community." I've never heard this prior to having my thread pulled. I've looked all over the CL website. I can't seem to find a way to do this. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the guidance.
At the Top - "Marketplace -> Become Vendor"

Should lead you here - http://www.internetbrandsauto.com/contact

LMK if you have questions. As I understand it, there's been too many problems in the past with people garnering interest, gathering deposits and ultimately delivering on nothing. Moreover, the ambiguity of this "part" also doesn't help.
Old 05-31-16, 03:43 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brianlin87
At the Top - "Marketplace -> Become Vendor"

Should lead you here - http://www.internetbrandsauto.com/contact

LMK if you have questions. As I understand it, there's been too many problems in the past with people garnering interest, gathering deposits and ultimately delivering on nothing. Moreover, the ambiguity of this "part" also doesn't help.
Ambiguity (No pictures, No outside video at speed, ranges of RPM) is right.

Believe me i'd love something that gives my car that low end pep without ANY of the drone associated yet opens up gradually to a deafening scream at the top end.

I'm halfway there with my setup as soon as I silence the 1300-1600 drone under load. I'm looking at a slightly longer J-Pipe to achieve this (Currently 26.25", may go up to 28" on next iteration) , Our transmissions gear up at low rpm and tend to lug the engine.
Old 05-31-16, 04:04 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Litesoarer - I doubt my Exhaust Vents adds any pep to either end, or the middle. And if it did, I'm guessing it would be barley noticeable on a dyno. That's not the point of my mod, the point is just sound.. Also, my mod does NOT scream on the top end. I totally agree with you that the transmission lugs the engine. I wish I had done an outside video before the thread got shut down.

Posting one now would be too close to Gathering Interest (I would have to believe), so I'm not going to do that and violate. But I'm as busy as hell with work and family. I didn't post a pic or sketch of this because I don't prefer to be copied. But trust me, Tee, PrinceAkim and roadfrog experienced no ambiguity.

The reason I'm replying in this thread now is to let you know the whole story. The Mods didn't do ANYTHING wrong. I did. I'm working on straightening that out. And we'll see. Maybe that thread can be reposted.

7milesout
Old 05-31-16, 05:57 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Believe me i'd love something that gives my car that low end pep without ANY of the drone associated yet opens up gradually to a deafening scream at the top end.
Uhhhh...THAT is not gonna happen with this mod. This is a very subtle change. Just the way I (and apparently Tee) like it. I hope this can all be worked out, cuz it's just gotten unnecessarily juvenile, silly and petty.
Old 05-31-16, 06:13 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Uhhhh...THAT is not gonna happen with this mod. This is a very subtle change. Just the way I (and apparently Tee) like it. I hope this can all be worked out, cuz it's just gotten unnecessarily juvenile, silly and petty.
By pep I meant a more exciting sound than "dead quiet", but not "domestic pickup" deep/bass. If HP is added then that is just bonus.

With a gradual yet aggressively increasing assertiveness as you accelerate to redline in a blaze of premium fuel.

I really need to get some pull-away videos up. It's been raining every other day here plus my LS just came out of the shop again for a leaky air shock.
Old 05-31-16, 07:47 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Despite the nasty comments and "nosy neighbours" trying to rat him out, he kept everybody in the loop on what he was up to.
I hope this can all be worked out, cuz it's just gotten unnecessarily juvenile, silly and petty.
Yeah I hope so too considering the other thread was a clear violation of forum rules. Maybe that makes it "silly & petty" but then again who knows. Hopefully the new thread will be within the guidelines so he can avoid getting it shut down. I look forward to seeing the actual product & progress
Old 06-01-16, 10:23 AM
7milesout
Advanced

Originally Posted by litesoarer
By pep I meant a more exciting sound than "dead quiet", but not "domestic pickup" deep/bass. If HP is added then that is just bonus.
You would be very happy with these vents based on this comment.

Originally Posted by litesoarer
With a gradual yet aggressively increasing assertiveness as you accelerate to redline in a blaze of premium fuel.
I don't believe you would be completely happy with these vents based on this comment.

It seems (from inside the vehicle) that it tends to sound more and more stock-ish as the RPM increases. And I'm guessing, you having had your car much louder than most, would overall not be satisfied with these vents ... I think they may be too quiet for you. I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: exhaust mod thread