LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Help.. I'm being seduced by a Jag!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-16, 05:54 AM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
I couldn't find anything in the LS460 or LS430 forums about installing tray tables from the Jag.

There was a really nice install in a 740iL done a while back. It would be nice to get some instructions to consider further.
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...s-almost-done&

The VIP products are mostly for the front console and nothing comes up for LS460. http://vipdout.com/tables/

I am quite intrigued by the prospects of this mod, but am not sure there is an easy solution for our car.
Here is one I found on an older LS: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ic-tables.html

what I would like to see is how they look from the side closer. If they aren't flush it won't look good. 9' the rolls mine we're flush into the seat back so nothing was protruding out when closed at all. None of the threads seem to have side pictures. Then there is the issue about making the wood match. I do think it would be great for an LS460L. I'll have to look into it as well.
Old 09-16-16, 06:36 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Thanks for the LS400 thread. It does look good, although I agree it is hard to get a feel for the side view. One of the pics suggests that this table will stick out a bit because the hinges do not fold completely out of the way. The Bimmer table I linked to will also stick out a bit because of the hinges. I am not too worried about the wood match because there may be a way to print a plastic veneer matching your wood trim (mine is Shimamoku!). Glad to know you will keep exploring this also!
Old 09-16-16, 06:38 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greg3852
Seriously. Just stop. Trust me he speaks for many more than you think.
Thank you.
Old 09-16-16, 06:56 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the LS400 thread. It does look good, although I agree it is hard to get a feel for the side view. One of the pics suggests that this table will stick out a bit because the hinges do not fold completely out of the way. The Bimmer table I linked to will also stick out a bit because of the hinges. I am not too worried about the wood match because there may be a way to print a plastic veneer matching your wood trim (mine is Shimamoku!). Glad to know you will keep exploring this also!
I don't know if I could see adding aftermarket things like that to such a beautiful car. But in the right car it does look good. Like the look of them in the old Rolls.

For those wondering how to add someone to an ignore list,

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.

Last edited by greg3852; 09-16-16 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-16-16, 07:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by superdenso
You want to hear about some million year nevers: No Camrys in a million years. If the LS is so good why didn't you fork over the few pennies more and buy another one? Put your money where your bad attitude is.My wealth is not based on LS ratings so please don't PM; maybe we had a misunderstanding.
Wow. How incredibly rude can you be?

Not the sort of person I have any interest in conversing with, added to my ignore list.
Old 09-16-16, 07:18 AM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Hahahahaha, thanks for the instructions greg! Some people's user names in this thread are very appropriate for the personality behind them, lol.
Old 09-16-16, 07:24 AM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

Guys, argue all you want about the better car, the reliability, repair costs, etc., but leave personal insults/attacks out of the discussion.

Meanwhile, back on the XJ, those rear seat trays are very attractive, but I do wonder how useful they are in a moving car.
Old 09-16-16, 07:42 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I wouldn't buy one, but that's my personal preference.
Old 09-16-16, 07:59 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The XJ is reminiscent of the Peugeot 908; from a style perspective it doesn't disappoint.

https://www.google.com/search?q=peug...crM3bgmh6kM%3A
Old 09-16-16, 08:15 AM
ozmangrant
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh well guys it was sold... I did get a quote from the Jag dealer for a extended warranty. $5,272. That would be compared to a CPO car. I'm not missing out on anything the LS is rolling nice and smooth. Thanks for input guy... I my eyes are still open..
Old 09-16-16, 10:22 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Meanwhile, back on the XJ, those rear seat trays are very attractive, but I do wonder how useful they are in a moving car.
If the tray remains stable, I can see my kids keeping some snacks and a drink on it while watching movies (we all know there can never be enough cup holders). The tray is probably useless for propping a book or for writing because it will be a stretch to reach, especially in a LWB car. The modded trays look nice but the hinges don't look so nice. It's too bad the LS doesn't offer this as a factory option. I guess most of us have managed fine without trays all these years, but the fact that this option can be installed in an elegant way in the Jag (and Rolls etc.) makes me think it could be popular.
Old 09-16-16, 11:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

If the tray remains stable, I can see my kids keeping some snacks and a drink on it while watching movies (we all know there can never be enough cup holders). The tray is probably useless for propping a book or for writing because it will be a stretch to reach, especially in a LWB car. The modded trays look nice but the hinges don't look so nice. It's too bad the LS doesn't offer this as a factory option. I guess most of us have managed fine without trays all these years, but the fact that this option can be installed in an elegant way in the Jag (and Rolls etc.) makes me think it could be popular.
Executive package LS's have a tray table:

Time to upgrade again
Old 09-16-16, 12:39 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

LOL, I did consider the Executive Package but ruled it out because my sons would fight over who gets to sit in the CEO chair with the ottoman. The single DVD screen would have also been a problem for the same reason. I use removable DVD screens attached to the headrests, although I am a bit tempted to get one of the headrest DVD systems.
Old 09-16-16, 12:56 PM
droclex
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ozmangrant
Oh well guys it was sold... I did get a quote from the Jag dealer for a extended warranty. $5,272. That would be compared to a CPO car. I'm not missing out on anything the LS is rolling nice and smooth. Thanks for input guy... I my eyes are still open..
Ouch on that extended warranty and as far as the Jag being sold, easy come easy go.. There's plenty of them out there when you're truly ready to commit. Thanks for the very interesting conversation starter nonetheless!
Old 09-16-16, 01:06 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Expensive extended warranty for a Jag however it will make you appreciate your LS even more.

Quick Reply: Help.. I'm being seduced by a Jag!!!