LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Directory Assist won't shut up

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-16, 04:39 PM
charlesatl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Directory Assist won't shut up

I own a 2014 Lexus L--S 460 L. Last night we picked up a friend and took them to a restaurant, using directory assist. We then used directory assist to return them to their home. However as soon as turned towards home directory assist kept repeating the same directions again....so I called directory assist and they told me to delete all destinations from my computer. I deleted all destinations and addresses from my computer. Got home and turned off the car thinking that would solve the problem. Well got in the car today and directory assist started up again trying to take the car again to friends home. Called directory assist again and they told me to take in the car for service. Anybody got any idea how to fix this? Thanks.
Old 09-16-16, 06:05 PM
jmcraney

Received 264 Likes on 202 Posts

You are using some terminology that I am not familiar with, like "directory assist." But you might be experiencing directions to a Destination that was never completed. You should have a hard-button on one side or the other of the Nav-Touch-Screen that is labeled something like "Dest" - not sure if it is on the left or right but seems like it is on the right. When you press the Dest button you should see a soft button on the touch screen that is labeled "Del" and when you press the Del you will be asked if you really want to delete the destination and you should select yes. It's been a long time since my '07 so this may not be exactly correct. I am sure someone will step up here and tell you how to delete the destination if this doesn't get you some relief.
Old 09-16-16, 06:24 PM
charlesatl
Driver

Thankl you but I have done that and all the destinations have been removed but it still keeps repeating the last set of directions over and over.
Old 09-16-16, 06:30 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesatl
I own a 2014 Lexus L--S 460 L. Last night we picked up a friend and took them to a restaurant, using directory assist. We then used directory assist to return them to their home. However as soon as turned towards home directory assist kept repeating the same directions again....so I called directory assist and they told me to delete all destinations from my computer. I deleted all destinations and addresses from my computer. Got home and turned off the car thinking that would solve the problem. Well got in the car today and directory assist started up again trying to take the car again to friends home. Called directory assist again and they told me to take in the car for service. Anybody got any idea how to fix this? Thanks.
Given your references to "calling", I assume you were using Enform Destination Assist? If so, in addition to what Jeff suggested (which you've already done), if memory serves me right, destinations delivered via Enform get saved under 'eDestinations' within 'Points of Interest' (POI) in the navigation menu. Take a look at the POI and/or eDestination folders. You should find the culprits in there, I hope.

Nice to see you back. I remember the history of your car and purchase very well and can't believe it's been that long (2014!). I trust you are staying well and enjoying the car.
Old 09-16-16, 08:31 PM
charlesatl
Driver

CaHa

Thank you so much that was it. We went in and deleted everything we could find and it worked. I have been around but these days mainly hang out in the auto detail section since detailing my car or as we call it the Queen Mary is a full time job.

Thank you again.
Old 09-16-16, 08:35 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

CaHa

Thank you so much that was it. We went in and deleted everything we could find and it worked. I have been around but these days mainly hang out in the auto detail section since detailing my car or as we call it the Queen Mary is a full time job.

Thank you again.
Hello, can you please post some pics of your car? Thanks!
Old 09-17-16, 03:49 PM
charlesatl
Driver

Okay here are some...........
Attached Thumbnails Directory Assist won't shut up-100_2679.jpg   Directory Assist won't shut up-100_2691.jpg  
Old 09-17-16, 09:38 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Thanks, charlesatl, your car looks great! In fact, our cars are nearly identical, with the advanced pre collision package. I presume your interior is black leather/Shimamoku trim and has the UltraLux package. Do you have AWD? Yours is a bit prettier with the shiny 7 split-spoke wheels!
Old 09-18-16, 08:39 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

CaHa

Thank you again.
My pleasure; glad it helped!

Gorgeous car, BTW. I don't believe I had ever seen photos (even though I feel like I "knew" the car, given the conversations on the forum back in the day). Nice name too!

Detailing these things is so enjoyable (and rewarding, especially on a dark car). It's a large vehicle, yet it doesn't feel burdensome to me despite the time it takes. The SUV, on the other hand, I haven't touched in some time, but I digress...
Old 09-18-16, 01:27 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Okay here are some...........
Based on caha14's note, I searched and read about the saga of your LS460L purchase. What a story, and a happy ending for you! Charles, I hope your wife's spinal condition has improved, and that she is able to travel without discomfort in the 460L. Good luck and best wishes to both of you.

I also checked your posts in the detailing section. With all the TLC your car receives, I would love to see more pics inside and out of your beautiful car!