LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Rear-ended!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-16, 08:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
Your story had me thinking... you know what I love...every time you call these places it warns you this call is going to be recorded, but when YOU want the recording they don't have it but I'm sure if they wanted to use it against you it would miraculously appear. I have had so many companies I do business with give me misinformation and I ask for the recording. It would certainly be helpful in your case. Sounds like the company needs to be held accountable for leading you on to believe you had no out of pocket cost and then changing their tune...
Yeah...how about that?
Old 11-17-16, 09:22 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
And these kinds of things happen, what matters is that they step up and support you. Thats what an AGENT is, they're supposed to stick up for you. If they're a smart agent they would see an opportunity to make a negative into a positive. "I'm not sure how this happened, but it shouldn't have happened, not to worry we're going to stand behind you and make sure you don't have to pay that deductible. If we can't get it from the other company we will pay it".

As an example, last year my wife dropped her phone and shattered the screen as we were leaving for the first beach trip with our twins. She was really upset because she wouldn't have her phone to take pictures of them with. When we got there I called Verizon to get an insurance replacement overnighted to us at the condo we were staying at. Well...somebody had removed the insurance coverage from her line (I certainly didn't), and we weren't covered. Not eligible for an upgrade, we were looking at $700 full retail to replace her phone. No upgrade on my line either, and my line still had the insurance.

Did they leave me in the cold? No. They accelerated her upgrade so we could buy her a new phone for $30 more than the deductible on the insurance, and they waived the upgrade fee so it would be a wash. I was absolutely stunned...overnighted it to the condo for free too.

If VERIZON can treat a customer that way, certainly your insurance agent should.

If they make it right I'd stick with them. The fear that you won't anyways is what keeps people from going above and beyond so we gotta nurture that where we can!

I had an old client of mine who works for Sprint call me a couple months ago and she could cut my bill in half, I stayed with Verizon because they did that for me.
Hey Steve, greatly appreciate your input, and thank you for taking the time to write this out. Your points are very valid...hence the following post...
Old 11-17-16, 10:28 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Default **update**

Everyone,
My apologies for such a late follow-up, but here we go...
This entire situation has finally ended (somewhat anyway, as I finally drop my car off on Monday to the body shop for the repairs to commence).
I referring to the back and forth with my lovely insurance company. Please bare with me while I recount all that has occurred regarding this situation.

I left off last explaining how I wrote a detailed message to my insurance agent and had heard nothing back, as well as leaving messages for the rep handling my claim AND the agent.
My reason for contacting the claim agent was because he had told me that he was going to send the check to the body shop, minus my supposed deductible.
After speaking about this scenario with a friend of mine, the friend advised me to have the check sent to me, so that's what I told the claims agent when he finally called me back. No problems there and he canceled the other check and reissued a new one and sent it to my home.
Now, on to my insurance agent...
She never did reply to my email, and never responded to any on my messages that I left, and when ever I would call her and she answered, she always acted as if she was just about to call me.
About 2 and a half weeks ago, I called and we spoke, and she told me that the drivers father (the primary on the policy that was EXPIRED) said that he wanted make things right with this situation even though, according to him, he wasn't sure why his insurance lapsed because he was sending in payments and they canceled him without any notice. My agent said that he worked shift work and told him that she would get a detailed quote from the adjustor and give him a round about figure as to how much he should be prepared to pay out of pocket.
I gave her 4 days to get back to me and heard nothing. Again, I called and I got the same run around.."OH! I was just about to call you!!"
She tells me that she spoke with the father and he said that he is now skeptical because his daughter told him that, I told her, at the scene of the accident, that my rear bumper had already had damage done to it, so he wanted to see photos of the bumper showing the previous damage and the damage that was done to the car from when his daughter hit me.
Would you believe me if I told you that my agent actually asked me if I had photos of my bumper?? I couldn't believe how this conversation was going.
I told her that I had a meeting to run to but I would call her back, knowing full and well my intention was to leave work early and stop by the office unannounced.
I walked through and asked the woman at the front desk for Sharon, my agent. Low and behold, it was Sharon that I was speaking to and she again acted as if she was JUST getting ready to call me back because she hadn't heard from me...
I told her I wanted to speak to an office manager. I told her that this entire situation was being handled in a fashion that was so unprofessional, it was mind-blowing. The fact that she would even ask me if I had photos of my bumper... Are you my agent or his?? I've paid you without a hitch, no issues, for the last 7 years, and this is what I get back customer-service wise?? I again communicated that there was no way in the world I was paying a $500 deductible when I was rear-ended!
I also told her I didn't desire to, but would seek legal council, as this was being handled very improperly.
I wasn't yelling nor belligerent, however I was firm and direct.
She stood up and kept apologizing to me and told me to have a seat while she when to the back to "take care of something" and she would return shortly.
About 5 minutes later, she invites me into an empty conference room and closes the door and begins with, what I considered to be, a very sincere apology.
She then tells me that it has been decided that they will go ahead and take care me and pay the $500 deductible, take the car where I wish and advised me of my rental car budget.
We ended in a civil manner, I thanked her and left the office feeling a bit disgruntled but satisfied.
Why do things even have to go this far?
The next day I called the body shop-fantastic people!
They were already aware of my situation, as they were sent the repair appraisal from the adjuster via email shortly after all of this happened. Its just that everything went on pause when my agent began all of the antics.
The gentleman I spoke to retrieved the email and told me that they were booked until the beginning of January, which was fine with me, as I wanted them to fix the car because they have a fantastic reputation.
We were talking and he had happened to look down at his called i.d. and noticed I was calling from a neighboring state (shop is in IL, I reside in IN, shop is about an hour 10 minute ride). He says "You calling from IN? You're coming from IN? You realize you probably gonna pass about 5oo other body shops before you get to mine, right?"
I said, "Yes Sir, however, you are highly recommended and anywhere I look on-lone where you have ratings, they are all 5-stars, so you guys are doing something right. Besides, its not that far of a drive, especially to have my car fixed and painted right".
He says to me.."Sir..I greatly, greatly appreciate that...can you hold for one moment for me?".
He put me on hold and came back a few moments later and says to me..."Sir, you've been dealing with being on hold with this entire situation long enough. Im sorry for all of your troubles and I'm honored that your coming all the way out here to seek our services. Why don't you drop the car off on the morning of the 21st and we will take great care of you. We'll also have someone here to pick you up and take you to Enterprise Rental. We will advise you of everything as we go along and when the car is done, you can drop the rental off here and that'll be it".
I told him kindly, "Thank you sir...but one question.. One the report, it says that if aftermarket is available, use that instead of OEM. I don't want aftermarket, I kindly request OEM, will that be a problem?"
He says "Sir, even if insurance denies that initially, i'll be sure to make it work in your favor and anything damaged needing to be replaced will be replaced with Lexus OEM parts. I have great relationships, a great network and have been dealing with insurance companies for over 27 years. Your rear side will be better than new, I guarantee it."
So, next Monday, my car goes in to begin the repair process. He told me he's thinking I should have the car back by next Friday.
Thanks everyone for the feedback and kind sentiments, I greatly appreciate.
Will update as things move along.
Old 11-17-16, 03:56 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Interesting read, CRowe14, and a story with a happy ending

Even though your agent finally delivered, you dealt with unnecessary stress. If I were you, I would seriously consider switching companies or at least give your account to a different agent.
Old 11-17-16, 04:40 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I agree with Comotiger on the agent issue. You shouldn't ever have to feel like your insurance company is working against you, ever.

i am glad you are getting this resolved and will have your car back better than new.

Please show how pics following your repairs so we can celebrate with you(this is supposed to be a bottle of champagne emoji)

Take care.

Cubby
Old 11-17-16, 04:45 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

So do you have before pics of the bumper or what? hahaha Jk

Sorry you had to deal with that. I had a similar situation with an agent and was actually told they had been receiving other complaints about her and was promptly given a new one. Good luck. Glad the repair shop is taking care of you.
Old 11-17-16, 06:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Glad it ended well

Sad thing is, they finally relented and ate the $500 and they still have an unhappy customer, which is why they should have just fallen on it at the get go to get more value out of it. Silly...