LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2017 Genesis G90, who's buying it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-17, 12:34 PM
shinbob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Just saw this today. An interesting read: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/06/lemon-list.html
Soo, if you want a reliable car, your best bets include Alfa, Mini, and Fiat! Good to know!
Old 08-14-17, 01:26 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I can't think of a more pointless list. "Number of mentions of "lemon" on communities?!? There is no statistical value to this measure at all...
That sounds like a typical response that someone might say when something they read they don't WANT to believe. Not saying anything negative about you. Just stating my opinion as to what that reply SOUNDS like to me. I didn't make the article. So don't take it personal. I just stumbled across it today from some email (from a Dodge Ram website I believe it was). I don't think your Kia van is junk. It was evidently repaired well.

As far as the list goes, I don't believe the number of lemons may be accurate to the number of lemons MENTIONED in that list. But I do believe in the relative SCALE of the list. Meaning, the lowest mentioned lemons are some of the better vehicle builders, while some of the higher mentioned lemons are some of the not as great vehicle builders. However ... maybe some company like VW has figured out a way to avoid having their vehicles lemonized. Could be a very positive & ethical means to avoid lemons, could possibly be strong arming against customers. Maybe Hyundai lemons theirs quite easily in order to make a customer happy and get them in a new / better Hyundai vehicle. And then under the ole Caterpiller and stump grappler the lemon goes. Like I said, I don't necessarily think the list is accurate to the actual number of lemons, but I think it is relative.

Originally Posted by aw001
I know, too much sparta/ moview reference...
I meant to reply to tell you, I enjoyed your Sparta movie references. It gave me a chuckle.

Last edited by Oliver Enterprises; 08-14-17 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-14-17, 02:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

There's nothing there to believe or not to believe lol. It's meaningless. All of your posts here for instance go into the "number of mentions" and you don't own the vehicle.

Why would I "want not to believe" something about this car. I don't have one. I don't even know if I will get one. All I know is my Hyundai/Kia product is the best built vehicle I've had in a long time. Not a fanboy, I plan on trading it on a Chrysler in 6 months.

You clearly hate Hyundai products. That's obvious. It's muddying your perception of this articles value, because you're too smart not to understand why that's ridiculous. Just the smaller volume of forum support for Hyundai skews that.

It's like saying Lexus owners are more likely to be ***** because "*****" is said here the most. Site has a big political discussion forum...bet it's true it's said here more than other forums. Means nothing.

Last edited by SW17LS; 08-14-17 at 02:45 PM.