LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 LS460L in for a ton of miles.... Costs, maintenance, additions and problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-18 | 05:36 AM
stasek
Advanced

That was quick! Congrats!
Old 01-15-18 | 07:17 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Am I the only one that is genuinely sad to see that this thread will no longer be updated with meticulous maintenance history?

Congrats, OP.. let us know what you get next. If I didn't just purchase my LS a few months ago, your combo was exactly what I was looking for, I would've flown out to buy it. The condition of it (thanks to you) is impeccable. I truly hope the new owner will take care of it as good as you did.
Old 01-15-18 | 08:27 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

No, I’m bummed too!
Old 01-15-18 | 10:17 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

No, I'm going to miss these updates too. I was looking forward to seeing how many miles would be added, and the service posts were very informative.
Old 01-15-18 | 12:15 PM
caha14
Racer

Echo those sentiments, especially as an avid follower not just of this thread, but also of the original GS350 thread.

I will also confess that for a brief moment, the second I saw the announcement of the sale, I thought that if I were to upgrade to 2013+, this would absolutely be the way to do it. However, having recently spent a lot of energy explaining to my wife why I want to keep my 600 (even though I refuse to take it out on treated roads), talk of buying another LS would not have been prudent at this juncture
Old 01-15-18 | 01:39 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

mmade22 - The next best car to replace the LS with is a Nissan Versa. It's basically the equivalent of an LS in every way, except cost.
Old 01-15-18 | 01:53 PM
Spudo769
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
mmade22 - The next best car to replace the LS with is a Nissan Versa. It's basically the equivalent of an LS in every way, except cost.
That's an interesting take.
Old 01-15-18 | 02:09 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Old 01-15-18 | 04:02 PM
Dave144239
Instructor

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
No, no, you absolutely must consider the Mitsubishi Mirage. Just see what Doug says -
Old 01-17-18 | 12:27 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

LOL, I watch all of Doug's videos... That was a LOL video...worst car ever..
Old 01-17-18 | 12:36 PM
jimrd
Pit Crew

Hey mmade22! Really enjoy your posts and hope you're back online with a new Lexus ride soon! In the meantime, just wondering as I am just up the road from you in the Capital City....how did you attract so may sheriff deputies? I understand SHP and city cops but you usually got to be on fire to get any attention from a sheriff deputy! ha ha Be careful out there!
Old 01-18-18 | 02:51 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

This is a throwaway car
too funny.
Old 03-15-21 | 06:48 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

What’s up fellas? It’s been a while since I’ve posted here and boy oh boy did I buy and sell a ton of cars since my last post!

I went a little crazy and started to follow my dream of wanting a fast car and also get something that I could drive for work. Boy did I go all in with two dumb crazy *** purchases after I sold this car.

‘’I decided I wanted an AMG car and my dream was to get an SL55 AMG and so the hunt was short and the car I got was your typical money pit and boy did I through a ton of money at it.

Realized real quick I needed something I could run around in while this was being worked on and I’ve always loved these Buick Park Ave Ultras with the supercharged 3800 engines! I found this pristine example and put 30k miles on it in 6 months but realized I needed something newer and reliable so I sold it! Sold it to the first person to come see it so my record still stands!

I had to get down to reality so I went back to my Lexus dealer but since I still owned my money pit AMG car, I had to get into an ES350

I got a pre-owned L-certified 2015 ES350 back in 2018 with 24k on the clock at my local Hendrick Dealer:

Drove this pair for about two years. Sold the AMG car when I decided to get out of a loosing battle and so I sold it for what I paid for it...... I lost all that I put into it (which was insane) but I owned my dream car and got it out of my system. It was fun but it was great to see it go as I didn’t need to worry about what was going to break next! That’s what an old benz does to you and I signed up for it so I wasn’t surprised when I added it all up.

I kept the ES 350 as my daily and bought and sold multiple cars to have some fun with and these were the cars my wife drove.

she had the Panamera the last time I was on here. We kept that and added this 2013 GL550 as we needed a dog hauler.

It didn’t make sense to keep two big cars and I got tired again of the benz maintenance issues and the dealer really didn’t help matters. I also got my son as his first car a C55 AMG and that was a fun runner. Us both being into cars my son and I had a blast modding this car and we had some fun father son moments doing it! He ran this for a few two years but we all decided to get rid of anything Mercedes-Benz in our garage and move on!

Sold both the GL550 and the Panamera and bought a one owner 17 Cayenne turbo that was ultra loaded. 158k sticker! Someone checked all the boxes and ordered this thing!

My son sold his C55 AMG and his grandfather gave him his 2004 G35 with 40k on the clock. He is the original owner. We modded this one as well, sent it off to the body shop, got the entire car perfect, added a new Nismo bumper and had it ceramic coated. It’s perfect!

Shortly after I bought the Cayenne, my business partner was selling his 2500 series 04 Chevy pickup so I couldn’t resist. He’s like me... Takes care of everything he owns. Got it with 215k on the clock! Can you tell?

That’s really painful when I look back at all the cars I’ve bought and sold but at least I know how to sell them!

So the truck came and I said we really didn’t need an suv. I didn’t have any really fun cars. The cayenne turbo was fun for what it is but it’s no sports car. I’ve had my eye on a 911 for years and I was finally able to convince my wife to entertain one as a daily for her. She works from home and never goes anywhere pre-COVID so this would be a good time. The cayenne was paid for so it would be a great down payment and my son is in college and 20 years old. So we went looking and my dealer had just what we were looking for. 2021 992 911

‘I’ve driven a lot of fast great handling cars and nothing comes close to this thing! I’m so happy to be a 911 owner (finally) and this checks all the boxes! Picked this up last year and this car is fantastic in every single way!

All these crazy purchases of cars has brought me to today..... I bought my ES350 with 24k miles and one of my customers has always said he would buy it when I was ready. At this time I had 134k miles on the clock and was kind of board of the car. I’ve been on the hunt for a new generation LS500 for the past 6 months and I finally found the ONE!

I couldn’t pass this one up and I didn’t! I’m back in another LS and this time I’ve got no choice but to run it for the next 5 years!

2018 LS500 with 950 miles! The original owner sadly passed away and the car sat in his garage till the lease was up. I picked it up at the Hendrick Lexus dealer in Charleston, SC and it’s L-certified that I extended the warranty for 5 years unlimited warranty including tires and wheels. I’m not messing around this time! I’ll be starting yet another thread soon.

‘it’s as if I ordered this car because this is the EXACT spec I would have built!

-RWD
-Glass roof
-Ultra Luxury Pkg
-Mark&Levinson
-HUD
Air ride
-360 camera
-Chrome wheels
-White/Parchment
-No miles
-Perfect!

I love this car! It’s got it’s quirks but I love this car. Night and day compared to the last generation and I’ve already got some stories for you guys. On;y had it for three weeks and it’s got a little over 3k on it.

Sorry I have been missing in action. The ES350 was a great car and did what it was supposed to do. The LS is on another level and I’m super excited to be in another one.

Hope all is well with everyone and it’s been a crazy few years especially this past year!

So that’s all folks!

The following 8 users liked this post by mmade22:
aabassi (03-17-21), Dave144239 (03-16-21), DaveGS4 (09-01-21), DavidinCT (03-16-21), Doublebase (03-17-21), RA40 (03-16-21), rickup11 (03-16-21), tomgarv (11-01-22) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-15-21 | 06:54 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Good to hear from you! Wow, you have been busy carwise haha. Congrats on both the new cars! One of my agents just got a new 911, it’s awesome.

950 miles on that LS500! Wow...
The following users liked this post:
diamente (03-15-21)
Old 03-15-21 | 09:57 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmade22
What’s up fellas? It’s been a while since I’ve posted here and boy oh boy did I buy and sell a ton of cars since my last post!

I went a little crazy and started to follow my dream of wanting a fast car and also get something that I could drive for work. Boy did I go all in with two dumb crazy *** purchases after I sold this car.

What year was that Buick? If it was a 1996 it got the updated 3800 S/C with 240/280. Ultimate sleeper. I saw one just like yours a few weeks back and posted it in an "under appreciated survivor" FB group and it got tons of hate, but a decent amount of love. I would drive a car with that engine happily, still today.

That thing would roast half of today's cars off the line or from a slow roll assuming you don't roast the tires. Those people didn't get that back then throttle cables were a thing, and GM transmissions waste no time downshifting. Cars like that didn't have to "think" and shuffle down 8 gears... The transmission in my beater GM truck is faster than the one in my LS in terms of response.

Loved your post with all the other cars, of course I pick the old Buick to talk about.

Welcome back!

Quick Reply: 2013 LS460L in for a ton of miles.... Costs, maintenance, additions and problems.....