LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sold even before pictures were taken - rare find...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-17, 09:48 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
You can get a brand new LS for 78k US here, so 68 k US is not a good deal to me.
The list price on that RWD car with the fully loaded options is nearly 100k USD. So a practically new car (7k miles) for 68k is a pretty good deal.
Old 01-16-17, 10:31 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sapstar66
Don't give up and keep your eyes opened satiger...

Here in Canada, where they sell less than 200 units a year, I was looking for a red or blue L... Had to look in Florida to find something close to what I was looking for but...

As I was "not looking", ended up finding a red one about 100 miles from here, certified AWD (a must here) WITHOUT the air suspension (an added - and rare - bonus)

. So... there's hope!
Beautiful car (looking at susequent photos), loaded with desirable options, and missing (IMO) the problematic air suspension. Nice score!
Old 01-16-17, 02:39 PM
sapstar66
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Sapstar, that's an absolutely beautiful car and extremely rare. Beautiful color too! It must have been customized for the first owner. The only thing it lacks that the 2013+ fully loaded cars have is the BSM & RCTA. Congrats, you are a very lucky dude and this car will give you much driving pleasure for years. Is it CPO? And can you share how much you paid for it??
Actually the option groups here in Canada are always different from the US, as things like heated seats and anything included in Cold Weather Package are mandatory - so included in base models. So it's actually a "base" L. The Air Suspension was one of the only 2 options offered. I didn't even know at the time as I was told all AWD models offered here had the Air Suspension. Very happy it doesn't have it since my 2009 does have it and it gave me some trouble (covered by warranty).

And yes it is a CPO, to which I added an ECP for the next 5 years for total peace of mind. Ended up paying 45,000$Can. Original price tag when new was 108. I think I made a good deal.
Old 01-16-17, 02:50 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Actually the option groups here in Canada are always different from the US, as things like heated seats and anything included in Cold Weather Package are mandatory - so included in base models. So it's actually a "base" L. The Air Suspension was one of the only 2 options offered. I didn't even know at the time as I was told all AWD models offered here had the Air Suspension. Very happy it doesn't have it since my 2009 does have it and it gave me some trouble (covered by warranty).

And yes it is a CPO, to which I added an ECP for the next 5 years for total peace of mind. Ended up paying 45,000$Can. Original price tag when new was 108. I think I madea good deal.
APCS and the rear seat upgrade aren't part of the "base" L in the US.
Old 01-16-17, 03:07 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

And yes it is a CPO, to which I added an ECP for the next 5 years for total peace of mind. Ended up paying 45,000$Can. Original price tag when new was 108. I think I made a good deal.
Wow, for that mileage and CPO and luxury options, you got an exceptional car for CAD45K, which at today's rate is USD~35K That's an unbelievable price; the dealer must have really liked you Overall, "a good deal" is an understatement, you made out like a bandit on an extremely rare car!!

I am not familiar with the options in Canada, but I am pretty sure that the Luxury options I was referring to are not part of the "base" model: Your car has things like DRCC, LKA, driver attention monitor (Advanced Pre-collision package), and reclining rear seats (UltraLux). No air suspension is a plus, but it typically comes packaged with the UltraLux, which makes me suspect your car is customized. Also I feel that the air suspension problem is overhyped and is really not an issue if you have extended CPO coverage. Heated seats, ML audio, AWD can all be had in "base" but not the others. I can see the Parking Assist button on yours which might have been a "base" option with the 2012 460L, I don't know. You should check with the dealer whether your car was custom-ordered or a "base" L. I am willing to bet it is custom. The BSM/RCTA and front LED turn signals were new features introduced in 2013+ along with all LED front headlights in the UltraLux.

BTW, do you use the Parking Assist much?
Old 01-16-17, 03:42 PM
sapstar66
Pit Crew

Wow, for that mileage and CPO and luxury options, you got an exceptional car for CAD45K, which at today's rate is USD~35K That's an unbelievable price; the dealer must have really liked you Overall, "a good deal" is an understatement, you made out like a bandit on an extremely rare car!!

I am not familiar with the options in Canada, but I am pretty sure that the Luxury options I was referring to are not part of the "base" model: Your car has things like DRCC, LKA, driver attention monitor (Advanced Pre-collision package), and reclining rear seats (UltraLux). No air suspension is a plus, but it typically comes packaged with the UltraLux, which makes me suspect your car is customized. Also I feel that the air suspension problem is overhyped and is really not an issue if you have extended CPO coverage. Heated seats, ML audio, AWD can all be had in "base" but not the others. I can see the Parking Assist button on yours which might have been a "base" option with the 2012 460L, I don't know. You should check with the dealer whether your car was custom-ordered or a "base" L. I am willing to bet it is custom. The BSM/RCTA and front LED turn signals were new features introduced in 2013+ along with all LED front headlights in the UltraLux.

BTW, do you use the Parking Assist much?

Hold your bets !

According to this news release from Jan 2012, http://media.lexus.ca/releases/the-2...portech-222923 :
  • The LS 460 L AWD now includes, as standard, power adjustable rear seats, premium leather seat surfaces, escaine headliner, additional airbags, wood and leather console box, advanced pre-collision system, lane keeping assist and more.
  • The long-wheelbase LS 460 L AWD features more than 30 mm of additional legroom in the rear seat, the confidence of all-wheel-drive, and many additional standard features, including: heated and air conditioned, power adjustable reclining rear seats with climate controls; rear seat side airbags; an escaine head lining; sunshades on the rear door glass; power assist doors and an automatic, powered opening/closing trunk; dynamic radar cruise control; a wood and leather console box; the Lexus Advanced Pre-Collision System; Lane Keeping Assist System; Obstacle Detection System; Driver Monitoring System; and Bi-Xenon HID headlamps.
  • The LS 460 L AWD may be ordered with the Executive Package, which adds: Variable Gear Ratio Steering; Front and rear air suspension; Front and rear Adaptive Variable Suspension; an infrared body temperature sensor to control rear seat climate settings; a rear seat DVD entertainment system with 9” LCD display, two sets of wireless headphones and an audio and DVD remote control; a right rear seat Ottoman with integrated seat cushion airbag and Shiatsu massage system; a 110v accessory power outlet; and leather covered lower instrument panel and door armrest.
... and I recall seeing the 2012 brochure about the Air Suspension being an option (will try to find it...)

As for the park assist... the answer is... I've used it a bit in the 2009. It's just too slow. On this one, I've tried it once. That's it. I know my wife has an issue parking the long beast, so she, I think, might use it once in a while.

The one disappointing thing about this L is the trunk size. For a family of 4 like us, travelling long distance is great, but not if you're going away for a while! And I wish they'd made the chauffeur's seat with massage!

Last edited by sapstar66; 01-16-17 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-16-17, 03:58 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Yep, the options in Canada, are different. Good thing I am not a betting man, although I did hedge my bet . First you have universal healthcare, and now you get all the Luxury options in the "standard" model. Not fair...

I agree the big downer with the UltraLux (reclining rear seats) is the minuscule trunk. We are a family of four also, and frequently travel about 5 hours each way to Iowa. We miss the huge "trunk" of the minivan, but have learned to manage. My sons much prefer traveling in style in the cavernous rear seats of the 460L, trunk size be damned. I also have longed for front seat massagers, they will make their debut in the 5LS.

BTW, we love driving to Canada. I have a brother in Toronto and my wife has lots of family in Montreal. We haven't yet made the trip in the 460L, but hopefully before too long.
Old 01-16-17, 04:07 PM
sapstar66
Pit Crew

Yep, the options in Canada, are different. Good thing I am not a betting man, although I did hedge my bet . First you have universal healthcare, and now you get all the Luxury options in the "standard" model. Not fair...

I agree the big downer with the UltraLux (reclining rear seats) is the minuscule trunk. We are a family of four also, and frequently travel about 5 hours each way to Iowa. We miss the huge "trunk" of the minivan, but have learned to manage. My sons much prefer traveling in style in the cavernous rear seats of the 460L, trunk size be damned. I also have longed for front seat massagers, they will make their debut in the 5LS.

BTW, we love driving to Canada. I have a brother in Toronto and my wife has lots of family in Montreal. We haven't yet made the trip in the 460L, but hopefully before too long.
I'm in the Montreal suburbs. If you come around, try to aim for end-of-may-beginning-of-June for the better springtime. You won't regret. Tons of things to do in Montreal's summers!
Old 01-17-17, 08:57 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

sapstar66, you indeed do have a very rare car with great options - the price you paid is unbeatable !!!!. Congrats.

Mine is not as loaded as sapstar66's. It has radar cruise control and first generation pre-collision system. I really enjoy driving with radar cruise control. Wish I could've found one with lane departure assist as well with tan interior. I have posted few pictures in the past :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...h-modesta.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...quartz-uk.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...e-on-460l.html
Old 01-17-17, 11:18 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Montreal rules. It is obscenely beautiful coming up from I-87 in New York to (apologies to not remembering the Canadian equivalent at the border) and going over the Saint Laurence getting into the city.
Old 01-18-17, 08:00 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The list price on that RWD car with the fully loaded options is nearly 100k USD. So a practically new car (7k miles) for 68k is a pretty good deal.
In my country there are many good deals where you could get a fully loaded LS460 Large for 78 & the one missing some options ( mainly the radar cruise control and PCS) can be found for 70 k USD. I'm not sure how much do they sell for your country but here they are much cheaper, so it is a good deal if the car sells for 100k USD +.
Car prices here are dropping dramatically because of the economical situation and people doesn't know where the country is heading especially with oil prices fluctuating, so most people doesn't want to spend money on cars as a result the supply exceeds the demand.