LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Where is everyone getting their Oil and Air filters these days?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-17, 09:07 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What about the oil filters?
Old 02-08-17, 08:00 AM
jud149
Advanced

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by USCRugby
What about the oil filters?
What about 'em? You been given several sources.
Old 02-08-17, 06:27 PM
Tec80
Advanced

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

Oil: http://www.ebay.com/itm/04152-YZZA5-...8AAOSwmrlU07ME
Air: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Lexus...JYAwsN&vxp=mtr
or:
Amazon Amazon
Old 02-08-17, 08:52 PM
famewolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texas008
Pennzoil is running a rebate offer $2 off each quart up to $48, for synthetic engine oil including 0w20.
good time to stock up.

Any chance you could point me to that rebate? I WOULD like to stock up on some synthetic oil. I'm unsure if I need the blends or the full synthetic for the 2007 LS460. I do know it needs 9.2 quarts and the local Toyota place says they will do an oil change which is actually nice considering there is NO lexus place in this town. (It's outside the warranty period).

Also interested in upgrades/mods I can do to the 460. I'm wanting to upgrade the radio but trying to find out how I can keep my steering wheel controls and factory amps.
Old 02-09-17, 04:16 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 105 Likes on 89 Posts

sure, go to:
http://www.pennzoil.com
click the tab "Promotions"

Originally Posted by famewolf
Any chance you could point me to that rebate? I WOULD like to stock up on some synthetic oil. I'm unsure if I need the blends or the full synthetic for the 2007 LS460. I do know it needs 9.2 quarts and the local Toyota place says they will do an oil change which is actually nice considering there is NO lexus place in this town. (It's outside the warranty period).

Also interested in upgrades/mods I can do to the 460. I'm wanting to upgrade the radio but trying to find out how I can keep my steering wheel controls and factory amps.
Old 02-09-17, 05:52 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

i stock mine from costco; twice or once a year they have a special for 0w20 Mobil one 6qt for like 26$ bucks; order the OEM fillers online from a lexus/ebay store. works out nicely .
Old 02-09-17, 07:55 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 508 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by famewolf

You should use full synthetic. Your Toyota dealer stocks TGMO 0W20 synthetic and my dealer allows me to bring in empty jugs and fills them for 6 bucks per qt.

As for the stereo, depending on what options you have (Mark Levinson, Nav etc)?), you won't be able to upgrade your stereo as it's tied in to your nav screen, climate controls etc. You could "upgrade" the speakers, sub etc, but that's about it. If you have the ML system, I strongly urge you to leave it alone, as the system is reference tuned and mixing things up could make things worse, not better. Impedance, crossover freq's etc are all matched to each others components.
Old 02-09-17, 12:20 PM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Unless you're in the outback, or in Greenland or something, I don't see why a person would need more than 1 OCI of supplies. I can get just about anything on Amazon in 2 days with no shipping cost. But like I said, if your communing with the aborigines in the outback, or huddled in an igloo in Greenland, you may have different requirements.
Old 02-10-17, 03:28 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

Regarding the Pennzoil rebate, there are quite a few threads on bob's the oil guy stating that Pennzoil doesn't stand behind their rebate program, and many people haven't received their checks. I personally have never tried it, but that's mostly because of what I've read. I did do the Mobil 1 rebate, only because I read so many positive reviews on it (everyone received their rebates through the mail without issue, and I did as well). I'm always leery of companies and their rebates/mail offers....it started when I was five...I sent away for a free submarine for my tubbies...never got that submarine...waited ten years for it...ruined my childhood and tub time.
Old 02-10-17, 04:50 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 105 Likes on 89 Posts

sorry to learn your experience about the rebate..
I got my $48 rebate from pennzoil last year, and similar rebate from Mobile 1.
rebate program can be risky, I always keep a copy of all the submissions just in case.

Originally Posted by Doublebase
Regarding the Pennzoil rebate, there are quite a few threads on bob's the oil guy stating that Pennzoil doesn't stand behind their rebate program, and many people haven't received their checks. I personally have never tried it, but that's mostly because of what I've read. I did do the Mobil 1 rebate, only because I read so many positive reviews on it (everyone received their rebates through the mail without issue, and I did as well). I'm always leery of companies and their rebates/mail offers....it started when I was five...I sent away for a free submarine for my tubbies...never got that submarine...waited ten years for it...ruined my childhood and tub time.
The following users liked this post:
Doublebase (02-10-17)
Old 02-10-17, 11:56 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

FYI Costco has a 10 dollars off coupon on Mobile 1. Limit 5
Old 02-10-17, 02:47 PM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Oil filters from Toyota or Lexus dealerships. I went with K&N engine filters. And for cabin filters, I got Fram Fresh Breeze.
Old 02-10-17, 03:07 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

I went with K&N engine filters.
You really should research these filters, if you haven't already. I won't re-post the ENORMOUS amount of information, but suffice to say, you may be doing more harm than good.
Old 02-10-17, 05:12 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan
Oil filters from Toyota or Lexus dealerships. I went with K&N engine filters. And for cabin filters, I got Fram Fresh Breeze.
I second what roadfrog said on K&N air filters, it's just not worth the risk for me.
Old 02-10-17, 07:16 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Further, I can share my oil analysis reports after using K&N filters. Suffice to say...scary stuff. You really should use a quality paper filter...OEM, Mahn, Wix, Baldwin or Mahle.

Quick Reply: Where is everyone getting their Oil and Air filters these days?