LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08 Lexus LS 460 Bass problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-17, 06:21 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 311 Likes on 270 Posts

Well, there are instances of blown ML subs but it doesn't appear to be as frequent as a blown amp.
Old 03-11-17, 08:27 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Can we please not do this?? The amps are a known issue-yes. Speakers though?
And to say "when it works"... I really don't think its that bad.
Sorry about the miscommunication. Subwoofer failure is pretty standard on a 430. It may just be more years. Apparently not in 460. Good. When I buy one, won't have to worry. I think the ML is great. I chose my car specifically because it had ML (and Smart key and sports suspension). Acoustic music? Sounds like the musician is in the car. Classic rock? Sounds great played loud. End of comments.
Old 03-12-17, 07:08 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 506 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Sorry about the miscommunication. Subwoofer failure is pretty standard on a 430. It may just be more years. Apparently not in 460. Good. When I buy one, won't have to worry. I think the ML is great. I chose my car specifically because it had ML (and Smart key and sports suspension). Acoustic music? Sounds like the musician is in the car. Classic rock? Sounds great played loud. End of comments.
Yeah, the ML system is INCREDIBLE. No matter how loud I play it (and I DO play it loud), there's never any distortion. I've read several audiophile reviews on best car audio systems and the ML consistently makes the list and in some cases tops them. Some of the comments were how it rivaled the best home audio systems out there. For some reason that I can't understand though, some members have chosen to mess with the setup and use aftermarket speakers..adding/replacing the sub etc. "Bigger" is not always better, especially with a finely tuned system like the ML.
Old 06-28-19, 04:53 PM
gabete
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Akhanatl
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my bass. I can hear the highs and mids properly, through every speaker; however, the bass ONLY plays through the drivers side door. Any suggestions?
Hey, did you find the problem?
i have similar problem with my ls460, ML audio system, I took the amplifier out, shipped it to a place in NJ (found him online, paulison corp or something like that) just to find out that my amp is totally good, is it possible to have all 3 subs burned out? The front doors and the trunk sub do not work.
Old 11-15-22, 05:11 PM
JCLs460
3rd Gear

Default Having same issue sadly

Originally Posted by gabete
i have similar problem with my ls460, ML audio system, I took the amplifier out, shipped it to a place in NJ (found him online, paulison corp or something like that) just to find out that my amp is totally good, is it possible to have all 3 subs burned out? The front doors and the trunk sub do not work.
Months ago I had some crackling coming from sub so I believe that's blown but my driver door speakers quit working and today the passenger side decided to cut out too but kicked back on for a brief second I'm getting no bass at all just highs and mids and I do play it fairly loud frequently so could be blown speakers the car is cresting 13years and 220k miles so that's a high possibility just wondering if anyone ever determined it to be an actual amp issue or have I just blown $600 worth of speakers lol
Old 05-20-23, 06:31 PM
Gardenman
1st Gear

Originally Posted by gabete
I have the same exact problem.. no bass and none of the door subwoofers are working.. purchased a used amp for $800 only to have the same issue.. Contacted Lexus dealership and was told that it is not the amp but rather the Mark Levinson Sterio.. The sterio is at fault and needs to be repaired or replaced.. Thank me later..