LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Sport questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-17, 05:02 PM
RR601
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by spitfirefd
Sorry..... one last thing, it is brutal trying to stay on top of cleaning brake dust from those pretty wheels, however, they do not squeal like I have read about here. In looking at this cars past maintenance reports, I have noticed it went to the dealer quite a few times for squeaking brakes and the dealer replaced them a few times.
Jason
That is part of having brembo brakes on this car. I also had the dealer replace. And they would stop for a while.
So live with dust and some squeal or cheap to just replace the pads
Old 03-30-17, 08:03 PM
Raptor4007
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2011 LS460 Sport
You have a beautiful car. I bought my 2011 CPO LS 460 Sport a little over two years ago (ML sound, air suspension, most everything but adaptive cruise) and have thoroughly enjoyed it, now with 66K miles. I replaced the tires with Michelin Primacy MXM4's and am happy with them. Replaced the battery. The Smokey Granite Mica exterior is hard to keep clean especially with all the pollen this spring, but it looks great when clean. Very comfortable seats for long distance trips. Great sound system. Lots of power. My only complaint is with the Brembo brakes which squeal and produce lots of dust, but the dealer says that is the price of excellent stopping power - hmm. Enjoy your LS with no regrets.
Old 03-30-17, 08:48 PM
spitfirefd
Driver School Candidate

Raptor, mirror image other than the milage. Mine has the clear film protector over the first 1/4 of the hood and front quarter panels. It doesn't bother me but, love the clean look of yours.
Old 03-31-17, 12:04 PM
Dryrunner
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the club. I replaced the rotors and pads. Carbotech pads, expensive, but very little dust and superb braking/feel. I did change the interior lamps with LED's. I also recommend the aluminum oil filter housing swap. The plastic housing should have never made it to this car. I run Michelin Pilot sports. No issues yet, knock on wood.
Old 05-24-18, 04:16 AM
Dmace63
6th Gear

Congrats on the new car!! We both have similar ones down to tr mile and condition haha! Any issues I run into I’ll gladly post here. How is she/he treating ya!? Any issues so far? I have a warranty that’s resembleds a factory one that covers air so that’s gonna interesting how that plays out. Other than that our car is everything I could ask for and more.
Old 05-25-18, 06:20 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Meet Bernoulli, my new to me 2011 LS 460 w/ Sport Option
Glad to see some posts here on the 2011 with Sport option.

I recently purchased mine in April. Found it with only 16.6k miles and now have 20.6k on it. First LS for us and we absolutely love it. Just arrived in Michigan, 400 mile trip, what a pleasure to drive. Most of the drive was expressway and much of the time we were at 80+mph.
Stopped for fuel after 380 miles, and found mileage at 25.0 MPG. I was amazed to see it that high after driving so aggressively.

Brake dust is an issue for me too. I have purchased Centric rotors for front and back along with Posi-quiet pads and will swap them out later this summer. Still getting to know the car and now starting to tinker with with it. Next mod will be a 2 channel dash cam.

I am glad I got an LS with the Sport Option. Just the right amount of "Sportiness" in a luxury car. Really appreciate the ability to change the ride characteristics and throttle response by toggling a couple switches. I know the tech is a bit behind other flagship models in similar years but the ML system and my phone get the job done. It's the ride and experience that make the vehicle. I now understand the HYPE around the LS.
Old 05-27-18, 07:30 AM
Junesy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmace63
Congrats on the new car!! We both have similar ones down to tr mile and condition haha! Any issues I run into I’ll gladly post here. How is she/he treating ya!? Any issues so far? I have a warranty that’s resembleds a factory one that covers air so that’s gonna interesting how that plays out. Other than that our car is everything I could ask for and more.
I also have a 2011 LS460 with Sport Package in Starfire Pearl. Mine has 53K miles. I bought it 3 years ago as a CPO and got a Lexus extended warranty through 2021. At around 40K miles, I started hearing a creaking sound when going over bumps at low speed. It was akin to stepping on a creaky wood floor in an old house. I took the car to a dealer in the DC area, which confirmed the problem and replaced the rear shocks under warranty. It was a $3,400 job, parts and labor. So glad I didn’t have to pay out of pocket!

I got tired of all the brake dust from the factory pads on the front Brembo brakes. There was a technical service bulletin about the brakes. Lexus replaced mine at no cost, but the dust was still a huge problem. I finally decided to get Carbotech pads (and replaced all four rotors with factory parts). The Carbotechs are pricey, but they give off much less apparent dust. I wrote of my experience with Carbotech in this forum. I’m happy overall with the choice — no squeal, less dust. (The rear brakes are not Brembo btw.)

I’m running the latest version of Michelin Pilot Sports. They’re much quieter than the previous version of the same tires that I got rid of.

The shocks were a big deal. Other than that, it’s been pretty straightforward standard maintenance, which I do religiously. No other issues. It’s a great car. I am one who appreciates the fact that it is relatively simple as far as tech goes (compared with the German cars in its class). I have no regrets about this car. It feels great every time I get behind the wheel!
Old 05-30-18, 08:44 AM
LS430Nole
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the club. Your going to love it.
Old 05-30-18, 09:10 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

I LOVE the matte wood in your car, LS430nole! Looks great against the black leather. This would be my #1 interior color scheme if I could pick!

I have Alabaster and Black in my 2010 LS600hL, and the Alabaster color is showing some signs of wear... I do enjoy the Executive Seating package, though!

The following users liked this post:
JHC828 (10-07-21)