LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Drivetrain vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-18 | 10:36 PM
senafe
Driver School Candidate

I had called Lexus factory service and they insisted I work with this same Lexus dealer and service manager and didn't even suggest another dealer 2-1/2 hours away. I don't know if it is worth a 5 hour round trip to go through the same scenario again. I read reviews on the other Lexus dealer and Lexus owners seem to have had the same experience with that dealer also.
Old 08-11-18 | 10:24 AM
fmast342
Rookie

I recently bought a 2014 LS 460 AWD certified pre-owned and experienced the vibration issue at highway speeds but especially when coasting. The dealer replaced both front axles and front drive shaft assembly. I still feel like the vibration is there at times. I may take it back to have them do more along the lines of what Larryha75 has mentioned.
Old 05-10-19 | 12:20 PM
Wiscolxs
Driver School Candidate

caha14 I could not locate your other post with the TSB info, nor the original post with info. I am and have had issues with my car since I purchased it, previous owner had brought up the steering wheel being off center and it appears in the service records, prior to my ownership; however, they have never been able to fix it. I go through tires like crazy, do alignments frequently, as they are always wearing on the inside even though I have blizzaks for winter and summer rims and tires as well. I would love to know if the issue is something they did a TSB for or recall on, and if so I would love the info. I believe I need at least the rear differential mount replaced to get rid of the vibration even if they cannot fix the steering wheel issue. I guess I am more concerned about the vibration being something major at this point, after reading some posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or a link to your original post with the info?
Old 05-14-19 | 06:11 PM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by Wiscolxs
caha14 I could not locate your other post with the TSB info, nor the original post with info. I am and have had issues with my car since I purchased it, previous owner had brought up the steering wheel being off center and it appears in the service records, prior to my ownership; however, they have never been able to fix it. I go through tires like crazy, do alignments frequently, as they are always wearing on the inside even though I have blizzaks for winter and summer rims and tires as well. I would love to know if the issue is something they did a TSB for or recall on, and if so I would love the info. I believe I need at least the rear differential mount replaced to get rid of the vibration even if they cannot fix the steering wheel issue. I guess I am more concerned about the vibration being something major at this point, after reading some posts. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or a link to your original post with the info?
Sorry for the delay. Start here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...ml#post8470170

Hopefully the link to the actual TSIB (in PDF) is still working. TSIB is L-SB-0147-08.