LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

VIN Lookup

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-18, 04:27 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
Can you look up a VIN on the Lexus Drivers site? I can't find where you can do that unless you add the VIN like it's a vehicle you own. Looking for a build sheet to show options and maintenance history on potential vehicles that I'm looking at purchasing.
https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.php
Old 01-30-18, 06:15 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
I tried that already, but I couldn't find where it would give me a build sheet with the specific options on that particular car. And I tried to click all the way through to the end (as was referenced somewhere I think). Someone said it used to be on the Lexus Drivers site but I can't find where. Is it no longer there? If I email customer satisfaction @ Lexus, will they give me a build sheet on a car that I don't own?
Old 01-30-18, 06:42 AM
Shad034
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
I tried that already, but I couldn't find where it would give me a build sheet with the specific options on that particular car. And I tried to click all the way through to the end (as was referenced somewhere I think). Someone said it used to be on the Lexus Drivers site but I can't find where. Is it no longer there? If I email customer satisfaction @ Lexus, will they give me a build sheet on a car that I don't own?
Yes, they'll give you a build sheet on whatever VIN you send them in your email. Just ask nicely.
Old 02-01-18, 08:50 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I emailed Lexus customer satisfaction and they emailed me back with the build sheet within a couple of hours. It doesn't have the semi-aniline leather like I was hoping for, but I wasn't expecting it to since I thought I could see from the pics that there wasn't wood trim around the rear vents. How much nicer is the semi-aniline leather option?
Old 02-02-18, 08:48 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

Regular leather is only dyed on the surface, lets them use middle quality leather because any
flaws (barb wire pokes, scars) will be covered. As the seat surface ages the cracks and folds
will eventually expose a leather color different than the surface dye.
Semi-aniline is dyed through out the hide. Usually involves better leather without flaws and
the inevitable wear marks will be the same color as the surface.
Old 01-26-22, 11:22 PM
RoninAMG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shad034
Send an email to Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com. Something along the lines of:

I was wondering if you had a list of installed options and equipment that my YEAR LS460 came from the factory with, here is my VIN:
Any information, build sheets or window stickers that I might be able to get would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

They'll kick back a build sheet for you that shows what was installed at the factory, port and dealer.
Damn, I just tried sending an e-mail to them and the e-mail got sent back to me stating that the address was rejected. Bits of the e-mail below. It was worth a shot though...
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com>
(reason: 550 5.4.1 All recipient addresses rejected : Access denied. AS(201806271) [DM6NAM04FT053.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com])
Old 01-27-22, 06:01 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,272 Likes on 984 Posts

All leather is covered by a "clear coat" unless you're talking about super cars and rolls. In my opinion, it's hard to tell the difference unless you do a side by side "sit and touch". Holding out for semi aniline is going to limit your choices and raise the prices as it's only bundled with many other expensive options. Unless you're looking at a 20 year old car or one that sat in the desert sun, (I'm exaggerating) the regular leather usually holds up fine.
BTW you can add a car to drivers Lexus site like you own it to see all options. Just delete it when done looking.
Old 04-03-23, 08:14 PM
HushedRide
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts

It seems that neither the ClubLexus Vin Decoder, or drivers.lexus.com show the air suspension option.

I am looking at multiple vehicles known to have air, and known to have coils, both verified by the console buttons. The decoder lists them all as 'coil springs.' The Lexus site says nothing about suspensions, and also lists "Eco/Normal & Sport modes" for every vehicle.

Am I missing something?
Old 04-03-23, 08:41 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HushedRide
It seems that neither the ClubLexus Vin Decoder, or drivers.lexus.com show the air suspension option.

I am looking at multiple vehicles known to have air, and known to have coils, both verified by the console buttons. The decoder lists them all as 'coil springs.' The Lexus site says nothing about suspensions, and also lists "Eco/Normal & Sport modes" for every vehicle.

Am I missing something?
I just checked my account and it doesn't list my air suspension or the package. The site has seen several changes over the past year. If it helps, the center console will have a switch or button that says ride height or comfort/sport or something similar depending on the year. The club VIN decoder does list my air suspension on the first tab though.
Old 04-03-23, 09:00 PM
HushedRide
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by swfla
I just checked my account and it doesn't list my air suspension or the package. The site has seen several changes over the past year. If it helps, the center console will have a switch or button that says ride height or comfort/sport or something similar depending on the year. The club VIN decoder does list my air suspension on the first tab though.

Hmm, that's weird.

This is the vehicle I'm looking at for comparison's sake (it has the air option): https://www.carmax.com/car/23175915

And VIN: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vin...GL1EF1G5056582

I can't find anything on the decoder page that mentions air, AVS, comfort mode, etc.
Old 04-04-23, 06:05 AM
JRA2000TL
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Unfortunately, the Lexus Driver's site has gotten worse. It used to list out all the option package codes and descriptions, but now it doesn't. It gives a generic description of the car with the color, maybe the build date; I can't remember. Mine used to show UL - Ultra Luxury, ML - Mark Levinson. It no longer does. You'll have to email Lexus customer service to request the build sheet. Also, it erased all of my self-entered service records on the maintenance history. I had to go back through my receipts and construct an Excel spreadsheet to log both dealer and self-performed services. I've called Lexus customer service at least twice on this issue. They said they were aware of it and are in the process of correcting it. That was months ago, so I don't think anything will change.
Old 04-04-23, 06:37 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Hmm, that's weird.

This is the vehicle I'm looking at for comparison's sake (it has the air option): https://www.carmax.com/car/23175915

And VIN: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vin...GL1EF1G5056582

I can't find anything on the decoder page that mentions air, AVS, comfort mode, etc.
It says "suspension type" multi link. What's missing is air suspension. Understandable you wouldn't catch that.
Old 04-04-23, 04:27 PM
HushedRide
Pit Crew

Just confirmed with Lexus that the website build sheet is still not working properly.
If you give them VINs they will produce PDFs. I just messaged from the main Lexus website.

By far the most prompt and easy to reach customer service of any luxury brand I've experienced.
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (04-04-23)
Old 04-04-23, 06:25 PM
ItalianMf9
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just confirmed with Lexus that the website build sheet is still not working properly.
If you give them VINs they will produce PDFs. I just messaged from the main Lexus website.

By far the most prompt and easy to reach customer service of any luxury brand I've experienced.
Did you just email them or use their messaging on their site?
Old 04-04-23, 06:57 PM
HushedRide
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ItalianMf9
Did you just email them or use their messaging on their site?
https://www.lexus.com/contact

The scroll down and click “send message”

They got back to me the same day.
The following 3 users liked this post by HushedRide:
ItalianMf9 (04-04-23), JRA2000TL (04-07-23), Protholl (04-07-23)

Quick Reply: VIN Lookup