LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

VIN Lookup

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-17, 09:50 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 179 Posts
Default VIN Lookup

Does anyone have a link that would show me by my VIN number, what options the car had from the factory? I don't know if that's possible or not.
Old 06-16-17, 10:00 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

There's one embedded in the forum, but have seen posts from folks where it didn't pull the right detail

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vindecoder.php
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (06-16-17)
Old 01-10-18, 09:40 PM
stasek
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by XBROKER
I know this is an older post. There was a VIN lookup on the Lexus Owners web site that showed all of the maint, accidents & recall info. Has that been taken down? I couldn't find it the other day when I went to that site.
Old 01-11-18, 05:09 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 157 Posts

There's also this site, just make sure you click thru to the actual reports, and not just generic model info.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.php
Old 01-11-18, 02:52 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Dave144239
There's also this site, just make sure you click thru to the actual reports, and not just generic model info.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vehicle/land.php
I just looked up my car on this site. My car was totaled last month and it says, No accidents reported. Hmmmmm.......
Old 01-11-18, 07:04 PM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
I just looked up my car on this site. My car was totaled last month and it says, No accidents reported. Hmmmmm.......
Yea, my first LS (LS400) was hit....cost around $1700 of damage (clipped the rear end, did bumper and trunk damage)...the guy who hit flew off the road and smashed into a sign.. there was an arrest and insurance claim... 3 years later I was selling the car, I ran a Carfax... and that never showed up.

Always take a car fax with a grain of salt....
fwhomeboy (01-11-18)
Old 01-11-18, 07:09 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Yea, my first LS (LS400) was hit....cost around $1700 of damage (clipped the rear end, did bumper and trunk damage)...the guy who hit flew off the road and smashed into a sign.. there was an arrest and insurance claim... 3 years later I was selling the car, I ran a Carfax... and that never showed up.

Always take a car fax with a grain of salt....
Oh Boy. I thought Carfax was the best out there. What's better than Carfax???
Old 01-11-18, 07:20 PM
Shad034
Driver

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Send an email to Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com. Something along the lines of:

I was wondering if you had a list of installed options and equipment that my YEAR LS460 came from the factory with, here is my VIN:
Any information, build sheets or window stickers that I might be able to get would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

They'll kick back a build sheet for you that shows what was installed at the factory, port and dealer.
fwhomeboy (01-11-18)
Old 01-11-18, 07:24 PM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by Shad034
Send an email to Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com. Something along the lines of:

I was wondering if you had a list of installed options and equipment that my YEAR LS460 came from the factory with, here is my VIN:
Any information, build sheets or window stickers that I might be able to get would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

They'll kick back a build sheet for you that shows what was installed at the factory, port and dealer.
Cool !!! Thanks, I'll do that.
Old 01-12-18, 05:27 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 206 Likes on 157 Posts

As far as accident damage goes, what's better than Carfax is having someone who knows what they're doing take a look at the car, checking for overspray, paint depth, VINs on body panels, etc.

Carfax (and similar sites) only report what was given to them, or what their data mining comes up with in states where they can access police reports, etc. They also tend to run months behind in their updates, so sometimes you'll see a car for sale with a clean Carfax, and then the accident that made the person trade it in will show up after you bought the car.
fwhomeboy (01-12-18)
Old 01-12-18, 08:05 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 849 Likes on 642 Posts

Experian (of data breach fame...) also has a VIN tracking service "Auto Check".
Similar but they seem to draw from different sources and update at different times.
Old 01-12-18, 08:25 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Use Carfax as the first line of defense. Once you find a vehicle that meets all of your criteria, have it fully inspected by a reputable 3rd party shop. They should look for any paint work (by a meter to measure paint thickness), overspray or any other imperfections. Someone that has an eye for this type of stuff can save you a lot of pain. I am not good at this type of inspection, so I just find a car I like and then pay a small fee for the thorough inspection. Good peace of mind for very little $$$. Good luck!!
Old 01-12-18, 11:15 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Originally Posted by mbarron37
Use Carfax as the first line of defense. Once you find a vehicle that meets all of your criteria, have it fully inspected by a reputable 3rd party shop. They should look for any paint work (by a meter to measure paint thickness), overspray or any other imperfections. Someone that has an eye for this type of stuff can save you a lot of pain. I am not good at this type of inspection, so I just find a car I like and then pay a small fee for the thorough inspection. Good peace of mind for very little $$$. Good luck!!
What company did you get to check it out.
Old 01-12-18, 11:31 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

What company did you get to check it out.
I used a friend that owns an auto body shop. We have been friends since high school days. If I was looking for a car that was halfway across the country, I would use a vendor such as Lemonsquad or try to get a reference from a local shop. If you find a car that is not local, see if anyone from CL can go look at it for you. If the car passes the PPI and is long distance, then at that point you could fly or drive out there to see in person. Problem is, there is not a lot of late model inventory, that is on great condition and has the options desired. You may be better waiting just a little longer to see if once the newly updated model comes out, there is a flurry of trade-ins and subsequently more used inventory. It took me 6+ months to find what I wanted. I have read other people here on CL waiting even longer to find the car they really wanted.
JRA2000TL (04-04-23)
Old 01-29-18, 03:15 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Can you look up a VIN on the Lexus Drivers site? I can't find where you can do that unless you add the VIN like it's a vehicle you own. Looking for a build sheet to show options and maintenance history on potential vehicles that I'm looking at purchasing.

Quick Reply: VIN Lookup