LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

sticky door panels and dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-21, 05:19 PM
Demo82
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Demo82
Took my '08 LS460 in a couple weeks ago and it looks like it will be covered. Standing by for an update from the dealer and Corporate Lexus.
UPDATE: I was told the repair/replacement would be covered back in January/February of 2020. I got a call from the dealer in late November to arrange time to bring in my LS460, which I did. I now have an entirely NEW front dash trim. Amazing!! I agree with Obsessed ... be patient, be persistent, try various dealers (if you live in an area with multiple dealerships). Remember, the dealer gets paid (!) to install the new interior, so it's in their best interest to do so.
Old 03-17-21, 06:40 PM
OMD6DAWG
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Demo82
UPDATE: I was told the repair/replacement would be covered back in January/February of 2020. I got a call from the dealer in late November to arrange time to bring in my LS460, which I did. I now have an entirely NEW front dash trim. Amazing!! I agree with Obsessed ... be patient, be persistent, try various dealers (if you live in an area with multiple dealerships). Remember, the dealer gets paid (!) to install the new interior, so it's in their best interest to do so.
I’m new to the LS realm and noticed this when I got the the 07 with only 58k on the dash. Mine was built late 06. How do I get the dealer to replace sticky dash for free?

What did you guys say to get them to agree to it?
Old 03-17-21, 07:33 PM
scutch
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by OMD6DAWG
I’m new to the LS realm and noticed this when I got the the 07 with only 58k on the dash. Mine was built late 06. How do I get the dealer to replace sticky dash for free?

What did you guys say to get them to agree to it?
Lucky you. I just checked the recall document. The deadline is March 31, 2021. See attached. I would look on that and confirm your car is covered. I also have a late 2006 LS460 and mine was covered and repaired last year. So, I would call the nearest dealer with your VIN and be sure you get in the system before the 31st, I guess. I don't think you have to say anymore then you want to see if you qualify for the recall. They seem to want to help. (This may take some getting used to. :-) ) From there it may take them months to get your parts in, but you will get them eventually. There were two different recalls that covered every surface that became gooey, sticky or prematurely cracked on the interior. They should fix them all for you after you go in for them to get an in person look to confirm.

Eddie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MC-10145764-9999-Lexus Recall.pdf (741.4 KB, 238 views)

Last edited by scutch; 03-17-21 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-18-21, 02:23 AM
OMD6DAWG
10th Gear

Originally Posted by scutch
Lucky you. I just checked the recall document. The deadline is March 31, 2021. See attached. I would look on that and confirm your car is covered. I also have a late 2006 LS460 and mine was covered and repaired last year. So, I would call the nearest dealer with your VIN and be sure you get in the system before the 31st, I guess. I don't think you have to say anymore then you want to see if you qualify for the recall. They seem to want to help. (This may take some getting used to. :-) ) From there it may take them months to get your parts in, but you will get them eventually. There were two different recalls that covered every surface that became gooey, sticky or prematurely cracked on the interior. They should fix them all for you after you go in for them to get an in person look to confirm.

Eddie

My man! I appreciate your help! I own two other Lexus models and never had issues with them. Lurked all this time and this was my 1st post.

Thank you
The following users liked this post:
scutch (03-18-21)
Old 03-18-21, 03:56 AM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Even doe my interior is really good, do you guys think I should go? I really despise the dealers that's why I drag my feet 😑...BTW my car qualify 08
Old 03-19-21, 05:02 AM
OMD6DAWG
10th Gear

So update: Called into Lexus Customer care and they verified my LS. They transferred me to my local DC area (Lindsay Lexus) dealership where I’ve had my other Lexus vehicles serviced before. The guy say ok, gets my information and I advise him this that while I do want the fuel regulator recall done, I was actually referred by customer care because of the sticky panel recall. He was aware but wanted me to come after March 31st. I had to tell him that the program would be over and that he’s going to inspect it prior. He didn’t seem to really want to help me on the panels, but gave me an appointment for 3/26 for inspection to approve replacement for dash, glove and door panels.

I see I’m going to have to be stern and exacting with them on this issue.

I’ll keep you all updated.

Last edited by OMD6DAWG; 03-19-21 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-19-21, 05:11 AM
NiceLS460
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Diemellz
Even doe my interior is really good, do you guys think I should go? I really despise the dealers that's why I drag my feet 😑...BTW my car qualify 08
My 460 interior was in premium condition except for one 'dime sized' area on the passenger door. Mentioned the ZLZ while at the dealer looking to purchase some engine cover clips and the service department blindsided me with how fast they zoomed my car through the recall process.

You might as well in my opinion. Depending on how long you plan to keep your 460, the last thing you desire is to have your interior disintegrate 5-6+ years AFTER the recall has expired. Mine not being a daily and having very low miles / wear; I plan on having it for a long, long time. I rather have the interior without disintegration issues

Lexus of Memphis service was 10 out of 10!!
sdls (03-19-21)
Old 03-19-21, 05:23 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 189 Likes on 148 Posts

South county Lexus in Mission Viejo, ca finished up my cars recall program today. Left rear new panel. New nx300h loaner. Spent my money turning the front drums as they had pad material in them. Akebono ceramic. After market rotors..

spent a lot more of my money as it turned out I had oil leaking from both high pressure fuel pumps.

Leaks fixed and the turned down rotors now stop much better.

quick fix and not the cheap way but convenient.

how much has most here paid to have the oil leak fixed if you do not mind me asking. Dealer prices

Old 03-19-21, 05:48 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by NiceLS460
My 460 interior was in premium condition except for one 'dime sized' area on the passenger door. Mentioned the ZLZ while at the dealer looking to purchase some engine cover clips and the service department blindsided me with how fast they zoomed my car through the recall process.

You might as well in my opinion. Depending on how long you plan to keep your 460, the last thing you desire is to have your interior disintegrate 5-6+ years AFTER the recall has expired. Mine not being a daily and having very low miles / wear; I plan on having it for a long, long time. I rather have the interior without disintegration issues

Lexus of Memphis service was 10 out of 10!!
Great point. I took my car in for the evaluation (waiting for approval from corporate) earlier this week because even though the interior was acceptable to me, I wouldn’t have forgiven myself if it got really nasty later and i didn’t get it done while I had the chance. My schedule during the week is too busy and it has been for a long time but I made the time to do it. Hoping now that it turns out well when they fix it. Plus any potential buyer down the road will be looking for a car that has had this fix done. I imagine that it would sell for a lot less with an unrecalled interior.
Old 03-26-21, 12:16 PM
OMD6DAWG
10th Gear

Update as promised: Lindsay Lexus still has my car as of right now as they’re working on the 2014 recall, but they approved my car and are replacing dash, center console, and glove box. For some reason they said the door pan ls weren’t covered. I can work with that.

They haven’t even gotten to my ML door speakers yet.
CamelKool (03-26-21)
Old 04-01-21, 07:43 AM
Diemellz
Advanced

UPDATE: just like the above members mention, I finally went to lexus of watertown on the 29th to get my baby check out. Today they just call me saying I'm approved for 7 to 9 parts and will be back order wait from now to 6months. I said that's fine, just put me in that pretty f sport gs as loaner, they agreed😊
Old 04-01-21, 09:29 AM
jboji514
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I had a small issue with my 2013 as well. Went to the dealer last week and advisor just called me that Lexus will replace the whole armrest box. Here are some before pics. You can see how dirty they look. I’ve tried to clean it but nothing gets these stains out.

Old 04-01-21, 09:41 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Use Woolite soap solution and a non scouring dish sponge and rub lightly. But if you getting a whole new one then don't bother.
I see Lexus used the same grainy rubber material on 2013+ that was widely used on the interior of the 2007-2012 LS460

Old 04-01-21, 12:02 PM
jboji514
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JLAWS
Use Woolite soap solution and a non scouring dish sponge and rub lightly. But if you getting a whole new one then don't bother.
I see Lexus used the same grainy rubber material on 2013+ that was widely used on the interior of the 2007-2012 LS460
Your right. Lexus only used the same material in the armrest box and the panel below the steering wheel. All others are new and not part of the pre-refresh recall. The whole process with the dealer was pretty seamless. Just gotta wait a couple weeks for the parts to come in now.
Old 05-08-21, 10:21 AM
Diemellz
Advanced

UPDATE all my parts are in so i drop my car off yesterday for zlz @ lexus of watertown...didn't get my GS loaner but got 21 ES

OMD6DAWG (05-08-21)

Quick Reply: sticky door panels and dash