LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Recommend air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-17, 08:31 PM
JH48
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Recommend air suspension

Hi guys

I have a 2010 LS469 RWD. I am in the market for the air susprnsion.

Are there any reliable and not expensive air suspension kits beside airrunner?

Which brand do you guy recommend?

Thanks
Old 08-08-17, 08:56 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Gonna piggyback on this question and ask: Does anyone knows which manufacturers make aftermarket air kits for AWD models?
Old 08-08-17, 09:11 AM
ohionick
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default awd guys are sol on the air suspension

Originally Posted by 213374U
Gonna piggyback on this question and ask: Does anyone knows which manufacturers make aftermarket air kits for AWD models?
213374U -
I am in the same boat as you and unfortunately you have one option and that is oem the air struts for awd are way different that aftermarket and there is no option as of right now you might and I do stress might as I have done no research is to switch to oem springs but I am not certain they will fit our strut looks very weird compared to the rwd.
The following users liked this post:
Mekoz (01-16-18)
Old 08-10-17, 09:34 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JH48
Hi guys
I have a 2010 LS460 RWD. I am in the market for the air susprnsion.
Are there any reliable and not expensive air suspension kits beside airrunner?
Which brand do you guy recommend?
Thanks
As with most things, you get what you pay for. Are there cheaper air suspension alternatives? Yes, of course. Have they been proven as reliable? I'll end the inevitable debate and say not yet. Of all the other air suspension options, AirRex, AirZenith, K2, etc, none have been around as long as AirRunner. I, for one, entertained a plethora of options before ending up with my current AirRunner setup. I've researched and experienced enough with other brands that I would not hesitate to purchase AirRunners all over again if I had to. Between all other options, my personal recommendation would be AirRunner first and then AirLift.

AirLift, AirRunner
Old 08-10-17, 08:07 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
As with most things, you get what you pay for. Are there cheaper air suspension alternatives? Yes, of course. Have they been proven as reliable? I'll end the inevitable debate and say not yet. Of all the other air suspension options, AirRex, AirZenith, K2, etc, none have been around as long as AirRunner. I, for one, entertained a plethora of options before ending up with my current AirRunner setup. I've researched and experienced enough with other brands that I would not hesitate to purchase AirRunners all over again if I had to. Between all other options, my personal recommendation would be AirRunner first and then AirLift.

AirLift, AirRunner
What management are you running?
Old 08-10-17, 09:45 PM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Curious as well because AirRunner only sells struts now and AirLift doesn't carry anything for Lexus vehicles.
Old 08-11-17, 05:38 PM
JH48
Advanced

AirLift, AirRunner
. What do you think of airlift 3p with d2 strut bags ?
Old 08-14-17, 11:14 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Originally Posted by PlatES300
What management are you running?
Currently have Accuair E-Level; however, patiently awaiting the CVT product to be released
Curious as well because AirRunner only sells struts now and AirLift doesn't carry anything for Lexus vehicles.
AirRunner has only ever sold struts. Having spoken with AirLift personally, I can tell you that they can make struts/bags for just about any vehicle.
. What do you think of airlift 3p with d2 strut bags ?
I personally prefer a height based system over a pressure based system. While I understand why there are differences, for me personally, I needed to have both. An air suspension system for me was always about reliability. I wanted full control and as much information as possible; which is why I have a height based air management as well as a pressure monitor to ensure all information can be acquired if needing to troubleshoot.

If money's not an issue, I would opt for a 3H over a 3P system. As for D2 strut bags, I've never sat in a vehicle equipped with them before, so I can't say.
The following users liked this post:
PlatES300 (08-14-17)
Old 08-14-17, 08:42 PM
JH48
Advanced

Currently have Accuair E-Level; however, patiently awaiting the CVT product to be released

AirRunner has only ever sold struts. Having spoken with AirLift personally, I can tell you that they can make struts/bags for just about any vehicle.

I personally prefer a height based system over a pressure based system. While I understand why there are differences, for me personally, I needed to have both. An air suspension system for me was always about reliability. I wanted full control and as much information as possible; which is why I have a height based air management as well as a pressure monitor to ensure all information can be acquired if needing to troubleshoot.

If money's not an issue, I would opt for a 3H over a 3P system. As for D2 strut bags, I've never sat in a vehicle equipped with them before, so I can't say.

Cause the place sell the kits and do yhr installation told me they orefer 3p over 3h. Thry said 4 out of 3 with issues

What do you think of accuair managment and accuair bags?
Old 08-15-17, 11:45 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Cause the place sell the kits and do yhr installation told me they orefer 3p over 3h. Thry said 4 out of 3 with issues
No offense, but I would suggest you seek a second opinion from another shop. I'd suspect any shop that recommends a lower priced product based on experience is likely due to historical installation error(s).

What do you think of accuair managment and accuair bags?
I like my Accuair eLevel personally. No issues whatsoever. As for Accuair Bags, they don't make bags.

https://accuair.com/vehiclekitproduc...it-06up-ls-460

Says right there on their website that the manufacturer is TWR/D2. IIRC TWR/D2, Airtekk, KSport, AirForce, all come from same/similar factory in Taiwan.
Old 08-15-17, 05:09 PM
JH48
Advanced

No offense, but I would suggest you seek a second opinion from another shop. I'd suspect any shop that recommends a lower priced product based on experience is likely due to historical installation error(s).

I like my Accuair eLevel personally. No issues whatsoever. As for Accuair Bags, they don't make bags.

https://accuair.com/vehiclekitproduc...it-06up-ls-460

Says right there on their website that the manufacturer is TWR/D2. IIRC TWR/D2, Airtekk, KSport, AirForce, all come from same/similar factory in Taiwan.
Which bags are you prefer? Do you hsve experience with d2 strut bags? Beside d2 and TWR. I dont know what else to get. 4runner too pricey for me. I got quoted for 8600 with 3p airlift and 4runners struts with installation fee.
Old 08-17-17, 07:59 AM
JH48
Advanced

What do you guys think? Is that all i need for the completed kits?

Old 08-18-17, 11:33 AM
brianlin87
Racer

What do you guys think? Is that all i need for the completed kits?
For the most part that's all you need for the installation, probably add a water trap, some fittings and some plumbing hoses and you'll be good.
Old 08-18-17, 01:55 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Just curious why you can use the stock struts and adjust those with an external module...I thought thats what most people did...
Old 08-18-17, 02:52 PM
JH48
Advanced

What size of the air line and water trap do i need?

Quick Reply: Recommend air suspension