LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

bleeding brakes on ls460 without techstream

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-20, 05:45 PM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusHOG
Thanks for sharing.

I just wonder your pcs issue appear after you did the bleeding.

no thats been there when i got the car. i bought it 3 weeks ago. im sure i'll figure it out though
Old 11-28-21, 12:00 PM
titangts
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjam1n
Flushed about a qt and a half of fluid. WithOUT using Techstream.

I know you're supposed to start in the back but hey this seemed to work.

Left front - Engine off, key off, brake down, open bleeder, close it when you hear that pump coming on. Used my wife to hit the pedal.

Right front- please disconnect battery. One man bleeder works fine here. Smooth bleedin' here!(Using the same method from left front triggered the abs error brake lights when the battery was connected. Maybe I held bleeder open too long. I reset using techstream. I think any abs scan tool would work though.)

Rears: battery connected, car off, one man bleeder ok. Slowly depress pedal, release when you hear the pump kick on. The battery has to be connected for the rears I have no clue why. Tried with battery disconnected and fluid was coming out of bleeder but reservoir wasn't falling. Once the battery was connected then everything got on track. Have fun!
you’re a hero! I did this on my 2008 gs460 after replacing both rear calipers and it worked perfect. Zero codes or malfunction lights. I was so worried about having to purchase Techstream, but you saved me!

thank you sir!
Old 03-02-23, 05:27 PM
Nick9596
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marshun
since this is one of the threads i found while trying to research how to do this (i replaced my brake lines with steel braided and found out that the bleeding procedure on the ls460 is different from what im used to)

i can tell you guys how i did mine.

you'll need 2 people. one person to sit in the drivers seat with the car on and a scanner that can clear abs codes (i used some zurich harbor freight scanner a friend has)

i started at the rears. car on, passenger side rear in the air with a pneumatic type bleeder (im sure it'll work with a hose and a can. but i had a pneumatic)
run vac on the bleeder and have the driver push the pedal to the floor and hold. at the same time you open the bleeder and vac out what you can. literally takes 1-2 seconds. then close the bleeder
driver releases pedal. code kicks on. clear the code and do it again.
for me i did it 3 times in each corner. make sure you keep that reservoir full because it moves a lot of fluid quickly.

next was drivers rear, then passenger front, and drivers front last

i thought my abs unit was going out and i already ordered it. but all my codes have cleared and have stayed gone for 2 weeks now.

all i have left to do on the car is somehow fix this pcs issue

hope this helps someone.
why do you have to clear the codes as they arise?

can you clear them when your all the way done bleeding
Old 03-02-23, 05:37 PM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,307 Likes on 1,009 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick9596
why do you have to clear the codes as they arise?

can you clear them when your all the way done bleeding
I don't know why. Try it and let us know how it goes.