LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

F sport brake pad options

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-17, 08:30 AM
thbrewst
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F sport brake pad options

I have a 2015 F sport...I have always been dissatisfied with the dust from the brake pads and it appears I am due to replace mine. I am searching around and it looks like there are limited options for aftermarket pads with good performance and low dust.

Anyone have thoughts or experience? On the surface it looks like EBC Red Stuff may fit. Also Pro Stop ceramic. I gather Akebono is a trusted brand but they don't fit the F sport. Are their other options?

thanks.
Old 09-26-17, 09:26 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I am interested to.
Old 09-26-17, 01:59 PM
sdudra
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been trying to find these myself. I finally ordered some EBC pads (Ceramic) from R1 Concepts. However, I have not received them yet but I have received my new rotors. According to the rep, they are 2-3 weeks out. I ONLY hope that is the truth..... I will keep you posted.

Stephen
Old 09-26-17, 04:11 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

My indy installed TRWs on mine about five months ago. I'm happy with their performance and relatively low dusting on the front wheels.
Old 09-26-17, 07:56 PM
thbrewst
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdudra
I have been trying to find these myself. I finally ordered some EBC pads (Ceramic) from R1 Concepts. However, I have not received them yet but I have received my new rotors. According to the rep, they are 2-3 weeks out. I ONLY hope that is the truth..... I will keep you posted.

Stephen
post an update once you get them installed if you think about it.

What rotors did you get?
Old 09-26-17, 07:56 PM
thbrewst
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Scrutator
My indy installed TRWs on mine about five months ago. I'm happy with their performance and relatively low dusting on the front wheels.
thanks. I'll take a look at those. Front and rear or just front?
Old 09-26-17, 08:22 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by thbrewst
thanks. I'll take a look at those. Front and rear or just front?
I had both front and rear replaced with TRWs.
Old 09-27-17, 09:24 AM
Tec80
Advanced

Received 128 Likes on 99 Posts

These, all day, every day:
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....4157&jsn=10482
Old 09-27-17, 09:25 AM
dro007
Driver School Candidate

Are TRW brake pad reliable or equivalent in performance to OEM brake pads? OEM cost upwards of $350+ for front. I found TRW pads for $65.
Another question; I'm leasing my 2015 and will probably keep it after lease end. Not sure, If I can return a lease with after market pads or must I replace with OEM?

Thank you
Old 09-27-17, 12:50 PM
sdudra
Driver

Originally Posted by Scrutator
Are these Ceramic Brake pads or regular?
Old 09-27-17, 12:51 PM
sdudra
Driver

Originally Posted by thbrewst
post an update once you get them installed if you think about it.

What rotors did you get?
I got the drilled and slotted rotors. Only a $70 difference.
Old 09-27-17, 01:07 PM
sdudra
Driver

Originally Posted by Tec80
I just cancelled my order for EBC pads and ordered the Powerstops from Summit Racing. Both front and back. Hopefully I will receive by the weekend and that will give me a job for this weekend. I am SICK of the squealing these factory pads are giving me and the dust, well we all know about that!!
Old 09-27-17, 02:44 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Are these Ceramic Brake pads or regular?
I got TRW ceramics. And yes, they rarely squeal, unlike the OEMs.
Old 09-27-17, 07:28 PM
RR601
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I just cancelled my order for EBC pads and ordered the Powerstops from Summit Racing. Both front and back. Hopefully I will receive by the weekend and that will give me a job for this weekend. I am SICK of the squealing these factory pads are giving me and the dust, well we all know about that!!
Mine is just a 2011 but have been happy with the power stops just on the front. Might not be quite as good as the Brembo's but still just as good as any other car I have had with non brembo brakes.
Besides the terrible noise. The Brembo's would have 5 times the dust as the rear brakes. Now with the new power stops, hard to believe but if anything the normal oem rear brakes have about 3 times the dust as the Power Stops.
Will end up doing the back when needed with Power Stops just so they all match. But not my daily driver and with only 32K miles I dont think I will wear them out anytime soon.
All these years and you would think Lexus would learn their lesson about the crappy brembo's
Old 09-28-17, 07:51 AM
sdudra
Driver

Originally Posted by RR601
Mine is just a 2011 but have been happy with the power stops just on the front. Might not be quite as good as the Brembo's but still just as good as any other car I have had with non brembo brakes.
Besides the terrible noise. The Brembo's would have 5 times the dust as the rear brakes. Now with the new power stops, hard to believe but if anything the normal oem rear brakes have about 3 times the dust as the Power Stops.
Will end up doing the back when needed with Power Stops just so they all match. But not my daily driver and with only 32K miles I dont think I will wear them out anytime soon.
All these years and you would think Lexus would learn their lesson about the crappy brembo's
I appreciate the thought of bigger brakes, but honestly if you are not road racing a vehicle, why the heck do you need them???? Hopefully with the new R1 Concept rotors and Power Stop Ceramic brakes, I will get rid of the squealing and the touchy peddle that the F Sport has.

Quick Reply: F sport brake pad options