LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2 favors please- CarFax and Lex Drivers site

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-17, 11:35 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 375 Likes on 258 Posts
Default 2 favors please- CarFax and Lex Drivers site

All,
I need a couple of favors and hoping the community can help me. In May I was rear-ended pretty badly and I have filed a diminished value claim against the driver's insurance company. The insurance company has responded and I need to provide them with documentation proving the prior condition of the car - which means I need access to the CarFax history (to show the car had no prior accidents) and documentation showing that the car was properly maintained with regular maintenance performed.

Favor 1- in order to save me the fee of a 1-time CarFax search, if someone has a subscription to CarFax can you please PM me so I can give you the VIN and have you send me the report? I ran it before I purchased the car but I didn't save the report or print it.
Favor 2- Can someone with access to the Lexus Drivers site please PM me and I'll give you the VIN and get you to run the service history on my car? Again, I did this prior to purchase but didn't purchase it and am having a hard time recovering my password so I can't access the site.

Thank you for any help.
Old 10-31-17, 02:54 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Can't help with your requests, but had a friend in a similar situation and his Lexus dealer where he had the car serviced, since they were familiar with the car, wrote a letter stating the value of his vehicle prior to the accident, and the value after repair which was accepted by the insurance company.

Also, on the Lexus Owners site you can click on Forgot Password and they can send you temporary. Or just set up a new account.
Old 10-31-17, 03:31 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
All,
I need a couple of favors and hoping the community can help me. In May I was rear-ended pretty badly and I have filed a diminished value claim against the driver's insurance company. The insurance company has responded and I need to provide them with documentation proving the prior condition of the car - which means I need access to the CarFax history (to show the car had no prior accidents) and documentation showing that the car was properly maintained with regular maintenance performed.

Favor 1- in order to save me the fee of a 1-time CarFax search, if someone has a subscription to CarFax can you please PM me so I can give you the VIN and have you send me the report? I ran it before I purchased the car but I didn't save the report or print it.
Favor 2- Can someone with access to the Lexus Drivers site please PM me and I'll give you the VIN and get you to run the service history on my car? Again, I did this prior to purchase but didn't purchase it and am having a hard time recovering my password so I can't access the site.

Thank you for any help.
Sorry, JR, I don't have any leftover Carfax or Autocheck credits to spare. However, I'd be happy to help you with the LexusDrivers site lookup. Just PM me the VIN please. Good luck with the diminished value claim. I find it strange for insurance to ask for documentation that value decreased. How would we really prove that? It is sort of implied that additional accident repairs on the history would hurt resale value.
Old 11-01-17, 04:22 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 375 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Sorry, JR, I don't have any leftover Carfax or Autocheck credits to spare. However, I'd be happy to help you with the LexusDrivers site lookup. Just PM me the VIN please. Good luck with the diminished value claim. I find it strange for insurance to ask for documentation that value decreased. How would we really prove that? It is sort of implied that additional accident repairs on the history would hurt resale value.
Thanks, PM'd you the VIN Diminished value is actually a mini field of expertise in itself. I hired a consultant who specializes in this - I had to send him my final bill from the auto body shop and about 2 weeks later he provided me with an 8 page analysis of the diminished value report. He uses black book values and the repair bill to assess the exact damage to your car and comes up with a % loss off of retail and trade values to come up with diminished value. My diminished value was roughly $8k - I'm sure the insurance co (of the driver who caused the wreck) will attempt to negotiate down from that, but that's what he came up with.
Old 11-01-17, 05:00 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

JM - PM me the VIN and will try to get you the Carfax.......
Old 11-01-17, 02:31 PM
Etseng66
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dm

Same here, my car got rear end when it was 1 and half year old, I file DM for $15K from insurance, but they only offer $900 on first reply, then we hire 3rd party prepare DM claim, then second offer was $5000, but still $8000 short, then we hire attorney and claim $18000 with lost of use together, waiting for trial on Jan/2018