LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

battery lexus 600hl

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-17, 11:25 AM
deltaplano
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery lexus 600hl

hello i have a lexus 600 hl year 2008 ,,please someone know where is possible to buy the main battery ? and how much cost? mine is damage .... thanks to everyone
Old 11-27-17, 06:38 AM
Talidtb
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by deltaplano
hello i have a lexus 600 hl year 2008 ,,please someone know where is possible to buy the main battery ? and how much cost? mine is damage .... thanks to everyone
Mines is going as well. I clear the code and dash lights and keep going. There is still no aftermarket replacement. Oem replacement is 4k plus. Im gonna drive it till it dies. Hopefully the battery pricing will go lower in the near future. Love this car
Old 11-27-17, 09:55 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 308 Likes on 268 Posts

If you are referring to the high voltage ("drive", "traction") battery, try googling replacement. For example, here is one place with some information:

http://www.elearnaid.com/reyouhythivo.html
Old 11-27-17, 11:37 AM
Talidtb
Rookie

Originally Posted by sktn77a
If you are referring to the high voltage ("drive", "traction") battery, try googling replacement. For example, here is one place with some information:

http://www.elearnaid.com/reyouhythivo.html

That doesnt help.
Old 11-27-17, 12:20 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Talidtb
That doesnt help.
For example, here is one place with some information. I wasn't suggesting either of you use them (for obvious reasons).

Try Googling - there's plenty of information out there.
Old 11-27-17, 05:04 PM
Talidtb
Rookie

For example, here is one place with some information. I wasn't suggesting either of you use them (for obvious reasons).

Try Googling - there's plenty of information out there.
No offense, but duhh we have obviously done that. Thats y we are here. Theres nothing out the beneficial for 600 owners. Not tryna be a ******* but if your gonna come on here and tell us to google then you dont need to comment regarding this post. 600 Hybrid is far different from most hybrids. We come on here hoping someone will point us in the right direction as basic research doesnt help. If googling it and getting a resolution was that simple trust me, this post wouldnt even be here.

Last edited by Talidtb; 11-27-17 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 05:18 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

No offense, but duhh we have obviously done that. Thats y we are here. Theres nothing out the beneficial for 600 owners. Not tryna be a ******* but if your gonna come on here and tell us to google then you dont need to comment regarding this post. 600 Hybrid is far different from most hybrids. We come on here hoping someone will point us in the right direction as basic research doesnt help. If googling it and getting a resolution was that simple trust me, this post wouldnt even be here.
GOOGLE it. Sorry to tell you, but the first page shows a few different companies making an aftermarket battery or options for repair. A replacement is around $3k. There is no magical fix nor a resolution to needing a new battery. Either pay it for a new pack or don't. Sorry but those are your choices.
Old 11-27-17, 05:24 PM
Talidtb
Rookie

Originally Posted by greg3852
GOOGLE it. Sorry to tell you, but the first page shows a few different companies making an aftermarket battery or options for repair. A replacement is around $3k. There is no magical fix nor a resolution to needing a new battery. Either pay it for a new pack or don't. Sorry but those are your choices.
Another moron that just types before properly reading. Smh there is no aftermarket replacement battery for 600. Do some research before commenting and telling others what to do. No one is looking for a “magical fix” we want a firm resolution. Something that is reasonable in cost.
Old 11-27-17, 05:46 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Another moron that just types before properly reading. Smh there is no aftermarket replacement battery for 600. Do some research before commenting and telling others what to do. No one is looking for a “magical fix” we want a firm resolution. Something that is reasonable in cost.
Not only is there no aftermarket solution, but also, repairing individual cells is off the table. I read (and posted) some time ago that cells in the 600h's battery pack are riveted on instead of screwed on like on the Prius, forcing replacement indeed. The best discount I had seen brought the price of the pack to the $3,xxx range with return of the original.

Separately, I find your tone unnecessary. This is the most helpful car forum I belong to, and nobody here has said anything to warrant your calling them 'moron' or anything else (never mind that the person you just called that word is far from it).
Old 11-27-17, 06:04 PM
Talidtb
Rookie

Originally Posted by caha14
Not only is there no aftermarket solution, but also, repairing individual cells is off the table. I read (and posted) some time ago that cells in the 600h's battery pack are riveted on instead of screwed on like on the Prius, forcing replacement indeed. The best discount I had seen brought the price of the pack to the $3,xxx range with return of the original.

Separately, I find your tone unnecessary. This is the most helpful car forum I belong to, and nobody here has said anything to warrant your calling them 'moron' or anything else (never mind that the person you just called that word is far from it).
The cells are not riveted on but the battery case cover itself is riveted. So once opened, theres no real way of sealing it back. And It is NOT unnecessary. The user before him posted the samething and i explained it. Then he comes and jumps on the band wagon and try to back the other users comment. neither of them know what they are talking about. I agree, this is helpful forum site, but people need to learn to read and not just jump in with there to sense. I may have came out harsh but these guys try to be wise asses and dont know what they are talking about. And last i checked i didnt call u one, so what business is it of yours? We’re all grown here. They all have a mouth and dont think they need you to defend them.

Last edited by Talidtb; 11-27-17 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 06:14 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

The cells are not riveted on but the battery case cover itself is riveted. So once opened, theres no real way of sealing it back. And It is NOT unnecessary. The user before him posted the samething and i explained it. Then he comes and jumps on the band wagon and try to back the other users comment. neither of them know what they are talking about. I agree, this is helpful forum site, but people need to learn to read and not just jump in with there to sense. I may have came out harsh but these guys try to be wise asses and dont know what they are talking about. And last i checked i didnt call u one, so what business is it of yours? WeÂ’re all grown here. They all have a mouth and dont think they need you to defend them.
Interesting; I didn't realize it was the case that was riveted. What a pain.

As for the other commentary... I've belonged to this forum for 14 years, and it doesn't matter to me whether stuff is directed at me personally or not.

Last edited by caha14; 11-28-17 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 06:34 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

They all have a mouth and dont think they need you to defend them.
Yes, and yours just blew any chance of getting any help here.

Last edited by sktn77a; 11-27-17 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-27-17, 06:35 PM
Talidtb
Rookie

Yes, and yours just blew any chance of getting any help here.
as if u knew anything. “Mr.Google” lmaoo i’ll hold my breathe
Old 11-27-17, 06:37 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

You seem to have all the answers. You don't need us.
Old 11-28-17, 02:40 AM
alchemy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick search results....
OEM battery: http://www.oemlexusparts.com/2009-le...51050011-item/
AM battery: http://www.besthybridbatteries.com/p...hybrid-battery

Quick Reply: battery lexus 600hl