LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

First Picture and Bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-17, 10:36 PM
rvgraham
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Picture and Bluetooth question

Bob here, the guy who's glad to be back. Someone said "Post pictures." Well I used to use Photobucket so as to never confuse my personal cloud storage with shared images. That has apparently gone away, at least the free version, so I'm trying Imgur. What are the most popular choices?

First Picture and Bluetooth question-qcn4x4y.jpg

Not very imaginative
So far, the car seems flawless, the few things I thought were not working right were merely limited to activating when not moving, such as browsing albums stored in HDD.

OK, one question: It seems to disconnect Bluetooth when I try to upload my contacts from Galaxy S8+ to car. Any trick I should know?
Old 12-05-17, 04:32 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 200 Posts

I can't speak for the Galaxy, but my iPhone 8 uploads automatically whenever my car is on and I switch over to the "contacts" Screen within the info-system.
I've had a very rare (only happened twice or something) where when I called someone it completely shut off my bluetooth and restarted the system. Ironically it was only when I called a particular number (strange, right?).

Love the LWB.. seeing these more and more make me at times wish I had one, however just room being number one, and not too keen on air suspension (most LWBs in my area have the air setup).
Post more pics!
Old 12-05-17, 08:02 AM
rvgraham
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tofuprod
I can't speak for the Galaxy, but my iPhone 8 uploads automatically whenever my car is on and I switch over to the "contacts" Screen within the info-system.
Love the LWB.. seeing these more and more make me at times wish I had one, however just room being number one, and not too keen on air suspension (most LWBs in my area have the air setup).
Post more pics!
Both our phones are running on the new Bluetooth 5.0, which may have compatibility issues with older devices that could be different with various new phones as the standard may not be fully baked.
I haven't seen a "Contacts" menu, I've just been clicking on Phone Book in the phone interface and then clicking "Transfer Phonebook" (I think, I'm at work at the moment).

The LWB was mandatory, and Air Suspension was a definite NO, but I was able to find one (3 hours away!) that was in perfect condition with great history and no Air Susp.

Tickled pink with the car so far...

More pictures next time she gets a bath