LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Factory F Sport Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-17, 10:08 AM
sdudra
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Factory F Sport Wheels

If I was to sell my 2013 F Sport Wheels with tires that have approximately 5k miles on it, what would be a good asking price? I have looked over a few websites and these are certainly hard to find.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephen
Old 12-16-17, 11:56 AM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

About a year and a half ago I bought a set of five F Sport wheels, no tires and no TPMS, in perfect condition on eBay for $350 per wheel. This included shipping.
Old 12-16-17, 03:43 PM
davedudu
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Some for sale over at the wheels section. $995 for set.
Old 12-16-17, 04:07 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by davedudu
Some for sale over at the wheels section. $995 for set.
Those are not F Sport wheels; they are pre-2013 "Sport" wheels. Not the same thing.
Old 12-16-17, 06:20 PM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrutator
Those are not F Sport wheels; they are pre-2013 "Sport" wheels. Not the same thing.
These are the exact same BBS forged 19x8 +35 wheels on the ‘13-‘17. The only difference is that Lexus used a darker silver on the inset alternating spokes to hide the brake dust from the Brembos.
Old 12-16-17, 10:30 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VanCityLS4
These are the exact same BBS forged 19x8 +35 wheels on the ‘13-‘17. The only difference is that Lexus used a darker silver on the inset alternating spokes to hide the brake dust from the Brembos.
I see. Wow. The color difference gives them a whole different look. But I wouldn't be buying those if I wanted to match the wheels on my 2013 F Sport which are what the OP is thinking about selling.
Old 12-18-17, 11:58 AM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I have them so I have the right to say this...the thing is they are not sought after wheels. They look nice but they are nothing jaw dropping about them. 1K sounds about right. Maybe you can ask for 100 or 150 for shipping.
Old 12-18-17, 12:34 PM
sdudra
Driver

Originally Posted by bigsherv
I have them so I have the right to say this...the thing is they are not sought after wheels. They look nice but they are nothing jaw dropping about them. 1K sounds about right. Maybe you can ask for 100 or 150 for shipping.
I agree with what you are saying. However, these are the wheels, tires that have about 5k miles on them and TPMS. Also included, would be the lug nuts.

In short, for the entire package, I would not take 1000.
Old 12-18-17, 12:54 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I am assuming that the wheels are the ones that I put on my car. You can see my thread. I added them to my 2011. I got them for $800 for the set with no tires. They were take offs for custom wheels. Found them on craigslist. So with tires and the whole package I think you could get more than $1K.
Old 12-18-17, 01:26 PM
sdudra
Driver

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I am assuming that the wheels are the ones that I put on my car. You can see my thread. I added them to my 2011. I got them for $800 for the set with no tires. They were take offs for custom wheels. Found them on craigslist. So with tires and the whole package I think you could get more than $1K.
As stated above, this would be tires and TPMS included. I would keep them in my garage if 1k was all that I could get for the PACKAGE.
Old 12-18-17, 01:43 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sdudra
As stated above, this would be tires and TPMS included. I would keep them in my garage if 1k was all that I could get for the PACKAGE.
List them for what you want and hope for the best. If they don't sell then you can keep them as souvenirs. I was happy to get mine at $350 per wheel, center caps included, with no tires or TPMS. I needed an extra set for winter tires and at the time I bought mine there were no sets for sale, at least on eBay, and none locally on Craigslist. I searched for at least two months before these showed up.

I actually love the look of these wheels and have never seen others that I would prefer on my F Sport.; but wheels are a definitely a personal preference. I've seen many on this forum that others think are the greatest that I wouldn't give two cents for.
Old 12-18-17, 02:20 PM
bigsherv
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I know what you ideally want:
  • Reasonable price for 4 rims
  • reasonable price for 4 tires
  • reasonable price for 4 sensors
The truth is that is hard to find all at once. Most people pull off Lexus wheels and put on aftermarket ones. Lexus hasn't been putting our rims that look stunning so there ins't a huge market for pull offs.
Maybe do this. Price the tires used and then add 50 bucks to each one for the rim. Or just sell the tires used and the rims used separately. That may fetch you the most money.

Good luck. I hope you get what you are looking for.
Old 12-19-17, 08:33 AM
sdudra
Driver

Originally Posted by bigsherv
I know what you ideally want:
  • Reasonable price for 4 rims
  • reasonable price for 4 tires
  • reasonable price for 4 sensors
The truth is that is hard to find all at once. Most people pull off Lexus wheels and put on aftermarket ones. Lexus hasn't been putting our rims that look stunning so there ins't a huge market for pull offs.
Maybe do this. Price the tires used and then add 50 bucks to each one for the rim. Or just sell the tires used and the rims used separately. That may fetch you the most money.

Good luck. I hope you get what you are looking for.
The wife made the decision for me. She told me to just keep them in the garage for future usage. :-) Happy wife, happy life...
Old 12-19-17, 10:52 AM
davedudu
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sdudra
The wife made the decision for me. She told me to just keep them in the garage for future usage. :-) Happy wife, happy life...
Do you mind my asking the specifics on the tires and if you are in northern Florida?
Old 12-19-17, 02:22 PM
BigMau
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Something you might want to consider: Keeping these is fine and might be good to have when you sell your car. The only drawback is that at about the 5 year point your tires will detract, not add, value to your package if you sell them or the car with them mounted. I am well aware that proper storage will extend the useful life of tires but "common knowledge" is going to limit the sellable life in this manner. Either way, GL and enjoy your car.

Quick Reply: Factory F Sport Wheels