LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-14, 09:15 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 508 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Grouchy
I have the Proclip for the LS460 that fits over the vent. Its a great holder but my only gripe is that when you have your AC on, the holder basically blocks any air coming towards your face. I ended up blocking the vent off to get more air through the other vents.

I'm not sure which phone you have but I ended up getting this: http://www.proclipusa.com/phone-hold..._leftorright=0. The adjustable for the Samsung Galaxy S3 with a case on, is a bit flimsy on the holster. I originally had the non-adjustable and loved it. But its not adjustable to fit with a case.
I have the Note 3, so that's why I don't want vent mount, for the reason you describe - blocking air flow and probably a little flimsy.
Old 01-29-14, 09:32 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I have the Note 3, so that's why I don't want vent mount, for the reason you describe - blocking air flow and probably a little flimsy.
If you get the holder specifically molded for the phone, its a perfect fit. But if you want it with an adjustable one, not so much. If I'm not mistaken, they only make ones that cover the vents for the Lexus LS.
Old 01-29-14, 09:59 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

And I have a case on mine, so ......
Old 03-12-14, 06:20 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the Kuda absolutely tops for quality.

what did you decide on roadfrog?
Old 03-12-14, 09:04 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a kuda...for my accuair elevel controller though.
Old 03-12-14, 09:06 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lbintab
I have a kuda...for my accuair elevel controller though.
Which model (for what smartphone) are you using ?
Old 03-12-14, 09:15 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by peteybabes
I got the Kuda absolutely tops for quality.

what did you decide on roadfrog?
You got ESP or something?!! LOL. I literally just received it today and installed it this afternoon. I was going to post this just now and came across your post.

I went with the PROCLIP. I opted for the console mount version. A real quality piece of kit. Very happy!
Old 03-12-14, 09:49 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

LOL!

I had to wait an additional week as i ended up ordering the gray leather as opposed to the more common black.

I was told that they had sold 3000+ black holders and many of the other colors, but that i was the second or third person to order it in gray!
Old 03-13-14, 07:10 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

The only reason I went with the Proclip, is because of where the mount is placed. Closer to the console and my fingertips. Both my power/charger cord and aux cords are on a retractable system in the console, so wires are out of the way and tucked into the console. I hate having wires everywhere. Also, I was concerned about whether the Kuda would cause errors if I was using my phone's navigation. By that I mean, it looks like the phone mounts on an angle towards the driver, but I could be way off here. I'm also a cheap bastard and the Proclip was less expensive Both the Kuda and Proclip are super quality though.....made in Germany and Sweden respectively. I didn't even know the Kuda came in other colors! Good job.
Old 03-13-14, 01:37 PM
lexlife66
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you install the iVIC system you can control your phone and all apps on your phone from your NAV Screen.
http://www.vaistech.com/site/home.php

I know CJITTY installed it. Mine is on the way. I can't wait. Works on Android and iPhone
Old 03-13-14, 07:11 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexlife66
If you install the iVIC system you can control your phone and all apps on your phone from your NAV Screen.
http://www.vaistech.com/site/home.php

I know CJITTY installed it. Mine is on the way. I can't wait. Works on Android and iPhone
I will likely get that soon. I just recently installed the PS system (nav and DVD bypass). One thing at a time! LOL.

Are you installing yourself?
Old 03-14-14, 03:23 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Default Installed Pix

As you can see, Kuda literally uses the exact leather and stitch patterns to make this come together so well.

This is in the gray color.
Attached Thumbnails Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)-mifflin-20140314-01061.jpg   Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)-mifflin-20140314-01062.jpg  
Old 03-14-14, 08:33 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Definitely looks great! Perfect match!

I can't tell from the pic, but does it obstruct the nav switches at all? What kind of phone do you have again? My Note 3 is huge.....my phone definitely intrudes a little into the space of the cupholder area, but it should be ok.

I'll take some pics tomorrow...
Old 03-14-14, 08:38 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

I have the Blackberry Bold 9900 right now, and hope to move to the rumored Blackberry Z50 later this year.

The holder sits slightly over the buttons on the right, making it hard for the passenger to reach, but since hardly anybody sits there or needs to hit those buttons its fine. Totally unobstructed coming from the drivers angle.

The Note 3 would certainly take up more space, but don't think it prevent you from accessing the buttons from the drivers throne.
Old 10-30-14, 04:17 PM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Originally Posted by peteybabes
As you can see, Kuda literally uses the exact leather and stitch patterns to make this come together so well.

This is in the gray color.
Sorry for bringing back an old post.

Does the wires go behind the mount somewhere or just hang from the bottom of the holder?

I have the Vaistech module in the glove box and was wondering if there was a to run the wiring behind the kuda holder so there wouldn't be the wiring hanging all over the place

Last edited by Dirteeboy; 10-30-14 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)