LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-18, 08:27 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts

Please check out the thread link below. I posted a photo (post #8) of the low profile phone holder that has worked on a Note 5, S7 Edge, and now Note 8. It has never dropped the phone and also doesn't droop down or slant down from the weight of the phone.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...or-the-ls.html
Old 07-16-18, 12:06 PM
N3VR4G3T
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pro Clip phone mount?

In doing research for a good cell phone holder I see alot of LS460 owners have the pro clip attached to the center console. Can anyone tell me if when sitting in the passenger seat does it conflict with the legs of the passenger. Hard to tell from the photos.

thanks
Old 07-16-18, 01:39 PM
Spudo769
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

It does not. It interferes a bit with the right side radio **** on my 07, but not enough to make it impossible to use.Also, I didn't peel off the double stick tape, so while it stays in position under normal use it is easy to removes and store.
The following users liked this post:
N3VR4G3T (07-16-18)
Old 07-16-18, 01:43 PM
N3VR4G3T
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spudo769
It does not. It interferes a bit with the right side radio **** on my 07, but not enough to make it impossible to use.Also, I didn't peel off the double stick tape, so while it stays in position under normal use it is easy to removes and store.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I will be placing the order tonight.
Old 07-16-18, 05:29 PM
Duck05
Pole Position

Received 380 Likes on 258 Posts

We use this one in the '14 and has worked out well.... It attaches onto the air vent blades.... Add a USB charger cable and you are all set... The phone is mounted horizontally in our usage....

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-16-18, 07:03 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 296 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by N3VR4G3T
In doing research for a good cell phone holder I see alot of LS460 owners have the pro clip attached to the center console. Can anyone tell me if when sitting in the passenger seat does it conflict with the legs of the passenger. Hard to tell from the photos.
thanks
I have had it for over a year, and the mount works really well on the center console. Although it protrudes a little bit on the passenger side, it does not interfere with the comfort or movement of the front passenger.

The following users liked this post:
N3VR4G3T (07-17-18)
Old 07-16-18, 07:08 PM
jrnevils
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ 1 on the Bestrix vent mount mentioned in previous reply.
Old 07-16-18, 07:14 PM
Spudo769
Pit Crew

I used the Pro Clip on the console and put a Ram Ball on it. Then a Ram Mount scissor type holder that I already had for my Triumph. Put a USB adapter in the lighter socket right behind it, with a retractable cord. Totally reversible and easy to pull everything off and store/transfer.
Old 09-27-18, 09:47 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts
Default Where do you guys keep your phone? any nice solutions

I had a small magnet mount but my iphone x keeps on falling. I got one of those gravity mounts and i hate the way they look, so bulky and ruins the dash. I cant stand anything stuck to the windshield. Alot of phone mounts go in the vents and i feel like every time i want to pull or adjust i would just break the vent.

i cant be the only one; what do you guys suggest that is low profile and does not stick out as much.
thanks!
Old 09-27-18, 10:01 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UZ214
I had a small magnet mount but my iphone x keeps on falling. I got one of those gravity mounts and i hate the way they look, so bulky and ruins the dash. I cant stand anything stuck to the windshield. Alot of phone mounts go in the vents and i feel like every time i want to pull or adjust i would just break the vent.
i cant be the only one; what do you guys suggest that is low profile and does not stick out as much.
thanks!
I use the ProClip mount and holder for the center console. Looks great. Works better. Keeps the dash nice and uncluttered. The phone and mount stay out of the way of the cup holders and doesn't block any of the buttons or CD slot.

Old 09-27-18, 10:04 PM
Spudo769
Pit Crew

I used a Pro Clip mounted to the console paired with a Ram Ball and scissors style holder. Can remove everything easily, it mounts close to the power outlet. I can easily reach it, in view,and the setup feels solid and out of the way. I can remove the scissor holder easily and transfer it to the motorcycle Ram Ball. The Pro Clip does have double stick tape to keep it in place but I never peeled off the paper, as it stay put and that way a simple twist and you can throw it in the glove compartment. I stuck a usb double slot converter in the cigarette lighter with a retractable charge cable. I have an O7 that still has an ashtray. I pulled out the chrome ashtray piece, so opened up that space to hold the retractable cord, so can shut the door that covers the ashtray/lighter if not using the phone. So bone stock to great solution in about 90 seconds, completely reversible in less. Only slight issue is with phone in place it can eat up some space over the front cup holder, and taller drinks may not fit in the front one but no problem in the rear front cupholder. Can post a few pics later if you are interested.
Old 09-27-18, 10:06 PM
Spudo769
Pit Crew

Same as the pic above, however I went with the Ram Ball, which offers tons of swivel, was cheaper and I already had the Ram scissor mount for the motorcycle.
Old 09-28-18, 02:36 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Hi Spudo,
Were the Ram ball and scissor holder from Proclip? Can you please post a pic and links to the products? Thanks!
Old 09-28-18, 07:38 AM
cooltech78
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any suggestions on a magnetic mount? On my LS430 I mounted one of those adhesive magnetic ball mounts (just below the navigation screen, on the L side of the trim) and it was in a perfect spot. Doesn't block the vents, good location when using for navigation, and magnetic mounts are just so convenient. Doesn't look like there's a good spot for a similar mount on the LS460 though, any recs? The Pro Clip looks OK, but trying to see if I can find anything better. Was thinking about one of these (
Amazon Amazon
), but it would just ruin the clean dash. Thoughts?
Old 09-28-18, 01:49 PM
jimrd
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I like my Scosche mag mount charger...very stable, super easy to mount/remove phone (steel plate in back of my phone case) and doesn't interfere that much with the cupholders (tall cups gt in the way a bit). You do have to buy a short USB cable separately if you want to charge your phone. And just by change the blue LED color is very close to the blue color of the car's display...Hope you can see the pics clearly...

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Best phone mount for the LS (merged threads)