LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My 4 Year Review of the 2007 LS460L

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-18, 03:17 PM
sarantis
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 4 Year Review of the 2007 LS460L

So I just hit my 4 year ownership. Here's my review with some questions intermixed from my observations:

2007 model LS460L with Starfire Pearl (pearl white) exterior and Alabaster (off-white) interior. Paid $42,000 for it. Bought in Feb of 2013 with 7500 miles on it. Some rich old couple owned it. I've averaged 16,000 miles on it per year and now have 72,000. Still had the plastic film on the front mats. Still smelled new. No wrinkles on the rear seats and few on the front.

Has the luxury package or whatever so everything but the executive package. Reclining rear seats, blah blah blah.

Since then I've replaced the original tires with 70,000 mile Pirelli's 3 years ago (still going strong). I've replaced the brakes (had a bad shimmy for 2 years and now their smooth as silk). Tried the fixes to the wind issues with the little shark fins or whatever as well as the blah blah fix (can't remember the name) to put the piece of metal in that area. Didn't work but what does reduce it by 80% is cracking the window by a hair. Just automatic to me now.

I've also replaced the air-pressure sensors in all but the spare tires. They still come on but I think I may have faster than normal leaking tires.

But that's about it. Nothing big. All the controls still work and the engine is bulletproof. I haven't had to put a dime into it other than the stuff you gotta replace every so often.

It's been a great car and I'm still really pleased with it. I noticed pretty soon after I got it that the interior gets marked up really easily. Back of the seats, glove box where the kids nick their shoes, and anywhere there's the white non-leather area. Really hard to clean off. Anyone know of ways to get it completely off? Also the pillar right next to my body is really hashed because I get out and my keys or something in my pocket scrapes, deforms, and then literally rip open the outer plastic layer over time. Looks like crap now. Anyone else have that problem?

I had the Vaistech module put in so I can play my iPhone on it. That's been so so. Connect issues means I have to plug and unplug the iPhone connector almost every time I drive at least once. But it works for the most part. Vaistech doesn't sell this module anymore. Anyone have something newer for the older model Lexus cars to get the tech up to speed? ML Power amp hasn't blown. Knock on wood. Still sounds amazing to me.

Paint looks brand new still other than the stupid things I've done over the years. And the wheel rash on my stock 18's...don't even get me started. Starting to look a tinge out of date but it's a handsome looking vehicle still.

I plan on keeping this for another 6 or 7 years. I've never had a car longer than 4 years so I'm still satisfied with it. If I could do it all over again I would. For those looking for a 2007 with low miles, say in the 70k range, I would say go for it. Probably about a third of what I paid for mine.
The following 2 users liked this post by sarantis:
anthony1 (02-28-18), sha4000 (02-23-18)
Old 02-23-18, 03:57 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 506 Likes on 384 Posts

Thanks for the write-up!
Old 02-23-18, 04:05 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 354 Likes on 244 Posts

Pretty cool, the 07's get a bad rap because of the valve spring recall and all the people that paid dealer prices for their control arm replacement, but it's a very reliable and solid car overall. I too am on my 4th year of ownership with my 07, but unlike you I actually bought my car with 70,000 miles...now it's at 172,000. I've replaced my control arms, a wheel bearing and a blower motor. I also did sway bar bushings. It's been the most reliable car I've ever owned.
Old 02-23-18, 09:53 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sarantis
I had the Vaistech module put in so I can play my iPhone on it. That's been so so. Connect issues means I have to plug and unplug the iPhone connector almost every time I drive at least once. But it works for the most part. Vaistech doesn't sell this module anymore. Anyone have something newer for the older model Lexus cars to get the tech up to speed? ML Power amp hasn't blown. Knock on wood. Still sounds amazing to me.
check out grom vline
Old 02-24-18, 08:22 AM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by sarantis

It's been a great car and I'm still really pleased with it. I noticed pretty soon after I got it that the interior gets marked up really easily. Back of the seats, glove box where the kids nick their shoes, and anywhere there's the white non-leather area. Really hard to clean off. Anyone know of ways to get it completely off? Also the pillar right next to my body is really hashed because I get out and my keys or something in my pocket scrapes, deforms, and then literally rip open the outer plastic layer over time. Looks like crap now. Anyone else have that problem?
I've used Griots Leather Care with some success, but it's really impossible to get them all out unless you use steel wool or a wire brush.

The pillar is getting trashed by the metal insert on your seat belt strap.