LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Good Independent Shop in Massachusetts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-18, 01:11 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Good Independent Shop in Massachusetts?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an good independent Lexus repair shop in Massachusetts? I am located in the central part of the state, but would potentially consider anywhere reasonable close. I do not have any issues right now, just need a reference if the time comes. Since my car is out of warranty, it will most likely never see a Lexus dealership again. Thanks.
Old 02-28-18, 02:42 PM
Nospinzone

Received 427 Likes on 330 Posts

It's a little bit of a drive for you, but I give the highest recommendation to John at John's Bear Hill Auto Service in Waltham. Not only is he very competent, but he will do the kind of repairs that other shops don't want to bother with.

One time my wife had a small exhaust leak in the header pipe of her Infiniti J30t. The dealer wanted to replace the entire dual exhaust system for $3200. Other independent shops would replace just the header, but the part alone was $600. John did exactly what I would do if I had a lift and a torch. He simply cut out the rusted piece and welded in a new 6" inch pipe. I was out the door for $150 and the repair lasted the life of the car. I have another story of how he made a part for my Infiniti Q45a because it was no longer available anywhere. The car had active suspension that was hydraulic and the metal tubing had rusted out. The original part was no longer available so John used commercial hydraulic tubing, it worked perfectly.

PM me if you want further info.
Old 02-28-18, 03:13 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Great info! I will definitely keep them in mind when my car needs a repair. I can do basic stuff like an oil change and maybe brakes, but nothing else. I cannot bring myself to pay dealer rates. Thanks again.
Old 02-28-18, 04:05 PM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 355 Likes on 245 Posts

Jeff's Lex Toy, Derry NH. Great place about a half hour north of Wilmington. Bought my car there, the owner is a former Lexus tech and he has others from Lexus working there. Clean shop, knows a lot about our cars.

Euro Car Care Center, Wilmington. A friend of mine owns it. He is an Audi factory trainer (or at least he was). And he is an expert in Audi, VW, Mercedes, BMW. But I'm sure he can handle a Lexus if he can handle the German cars. I worked with him for five years, he's very smart and thorough. This is the type of guy you want working on your cars, he's very talented, up to date and absolutely **** about fixing a car the right way 100%. I'll give you an example...when they do brake services they clean and paint the calipers. When he told me that I was shocked. He said its the type of service his customers expect. You should see the factory fluids he has stocked in the shop. I asked him, wouldn't it make more sense to buy generic in bulk? He says he won't put anything but the best in his customer's cars. If I couldn't fix my own car I'd have him do it.
Old 02-28-18, 05:59 PM
mbarron37
Advanced

Thanks Doublebase. I have heard of Jeff’s Lex Toy, but not Euro Car Care. All reasonably close for any real repairs that may be needed down the road.