LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Shopping for a used 07-10 LS460

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-18, 12:22 PM
David717
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MobbinVIP
I'm 28 & drive an 07 LS460L 'executive package' (rarely get to use the rear seat myself)
I wouldn't recommend an LS is you want something sporty, but it pretty quick in a straight line.
The LS460 is a great daily driver. I feel relaxed driving around, no one bugs me. I don't even hear much if any road noise.
The ML premium audio is amazing, but if your amp goes out like mine & others, its pricey if you cant get the dealer to eat the cost.
Most people still assume that this car is still a $80k+ car & look at you like you are well off.(depends on the condition of the car)
To be honest I'm over sporty cars; I had a Corvette which was a blast to drive, but out here in the LA traffic, you never ever get the chance to utilize the performance. As long as the LS has good passing power (which it felt like it did during my test drive) thats all im really looking for power wise. Right now I'm on the fence about getting a LS with the ML system or getting one without it, and dropping in some aftermarket quality speakers instead. Really just depends on how clean of a car I can find at the right price/mileage with my desired specs.
Old 03-15-18, 02:23 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by David717
To be honest I'm over sporty cars; I had a Corvette which was a blast to drive, but out here in the LA traffic, you never ever get the chance to utilize the performance. As long as the LS has good passing power (which it felt like it did during my test drive) thats all im really looking for power wise. Right now I'm on the fence about getting a LS with the ML system or getting one without it, and dropping in some aftermarket quality speakers instead. Really just depends on how clean of a car I can find at the right price/mileage with my desired specs.
Definitely has passing power & is awesome in this LA traffic. I don't even get much road rage in the car since I'm isolated from road noise & ML 19-speaker system covers up even more noise. I have the air suspension which rides amazing even at 120,xxxx. Luckily the previous owner was shoferd around(hence the executive rear seating package) , so I'm assuming the driver was a clam driver. Also, I found out the owner purchased the "extended 100,000 mile platinum warranty" so assuming it was only maintained by the dealer.
Try looking at CarMax, that's where I got mine from & if you buy the warranty they will fix any problems as long as its not a maintenance issue.
You also have 30 warranty if you don't purchase an extended one. I took the car to a certified Lexus tech & had him do a once over for around $160. He told me it was one of the cleanest 07 LS's he has seen. Small minor things which he found & I found, Within the 30days I had them fix over 2k(would have been my cost) worth of small issues.
Hope this helps, good hunting's!
Old 03-15-18, 03:03 PM
David717
Driver

Definitely has passing power & is awesome in this LA traffic. I don't even get much road rage in the car since I'm isolated from road noise & ML 19-speaker system covers up even more noise. I have the air suspension which rides amazing even at 120,xxxx. Luckily the previous owner was shoferd around(hence the executive rear seating package) , so I'm assuming the driver was a clam driver. Also, I found out the owner purchased the "extended 100,000 mile platinum warranty" so assuming it was only maintained by the dealer.
Try looking at CarMax, that's where I got mine from & if you buy the warranty they will fix any problems as long as its not a maintenance issue.
You also have 30 warranty if you don't purchase an extended one. I took the car to a certified Lexus tech & had him do a once over for around $160. He told me it was one of the cleanest 07 LS's he has seen. Small minor things which he found & I found, Within the 30days I had them fix over 2k(would have been my cost) worth of small issues.
Hope this helps, good hunting's!
That must have been nice, just getting shoferd around all day while getting a nice massage in the back seat haha. Sweet ride man, you dont see too many executive packages for sale currently. Carmax is actually where I went to test drive a 2011 model, but honestly, im not too fond of Carmax and their markups. So far I've found a few cleaner, better priced examples on the private market. I have a very trustworthy mechanic in Burbank, so before I make any purchase, im going to have him go through it and give his final stamp of approval.
Old 03-15-18, 04:01 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That must have been nice, just getting shoferd around all day while getting a nice massage in the back seat haha. Sweet ride man, you dont see too many executive packages for sale currently. Carmax is actually where I went to test drive a 2011 model, but honestly, im not too fond of Carmax and their markups. So far I've found a few cleaner, better priced examples on the private market. I have a very trustworthy mechanic in Burbank, so before I make any purchase, im going to have him go through it and give his final stamp of approval.
haha. thanks, when I got mine there was only one other executive package, but it was a 08 600hL & I knew to stay away from those.
I said the same thing about CarMax, but after going to 4 other dealerships that had LS's with less mileage. The cars were in poor condition, I had to point out so many things wrong with one that only had 40,xxxx. I went to CarMax just to look at what they had since it was on my way back from the IE & they had 4 on the lot, but when I saw my car I knew it was the one.
Test drove it & fell in love. Only thing I would recommend is not using their financing, I put cash half down & financed 12k at 8.95%, but no one told me it was a "DAILY APR RATE" (I only financed to build credit) after I found out their scam I paid off most of the car & only left 6K to continue building credit.
Old 03-15-18, 04:43 PM
David717
Driver

haha. thanks, when I got mine there was only one other executive package, but it was a 08 600hL & I knew to stay away from those.
I said the same thing about CarMax, but after going to 4 other dealerships that had LS's with less mileage. The cars were in poor condition, I had to point out so many things wrong with one that only had 40,xxxx. I went to CarMax just to look at what they had since it was on my way back from the IE & they had 4 on the lot, but when I saw my car I knew it was the one.
Test drove it & fell in love. Only thing I would recommend is not using their financing, I put cash half down & financed 12k at 8.95%, but no one told me it was a "DAILY APR RATE" (I only financed to build credit) after I found out their scam I paid off most of the car & only left 6K to continue building credit.
That's just how this game works, all these dealerships (big or small) just buy cars from people who are too lazy to sell on their own, and/or auctions. Usually its the latter, just a car-by-car bases I guess. Might find a super clean one in a small dirty dealership or might find a problematic one from the larger places like Carmax. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to cars, but this time around I'm really trying hard to pace myself, and take time to look at as many examples as I can before I pull the trigger.

Great tip on the financing, I would NEVER go with dealership financing no matter where im buying from. Not sure how good your credit is, but if you're familiar with Logix credit union, I would highly highly recommend them. I've opened and closed over 3 used car loans with them throughout the years (all various amounts), and every single time they've given me a APR of 1.49%. Its practically a free auto loan, granted you need good credit (at least above 700), but yeah they're the best. The good part about credit unions is that they are all non-profit so they dont try to squeeze every dollar out of you like traditional banks do. (I promise I'm not affiliated with them)
The following users liked this post:
hfahmy (03-15-18)
Old 03-15-18, 05:21 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 508 Likes on 385 Posts

No amount of aftermarket gear is going to equal the ML system. It has been mentioned in Audiophile magazines, car magazines, etc. It is THAT good. This isn't your average "Premium" factory car audio system. The distortion-free clarity, and encompassing sound is a marvel. It is my favorite part of my LS. I've had MANY after market systems that I spent WAY too much money on and this is the best by far. Throw "Dark Side Of The Moon" on there and it'll change your life. lol

I wanted to know if there’s any major problems I should look out for with these cars? also do they make good daily drivers as id be driving it every day?
I drive mine every day about 100 miles and it's a dream.

As for "Grampa Car"? My 22 year old son drives it every chance he gets and LOVES putting red light bandits on (much to his fathers chagrin of course). Throw a set of staggered rims and tires and it os no longer your grand daddies car.

Last edited by roadfrog; 03-15-18 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-15-18, 08:56 PM
TexasTea
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw a few 2010 LS460L with various rear seat upgraded packages in a cargurus search for $21k in Burbank. $24k in Westminster, and $25k in Marina Del Rey. They may be worth a test drive to familiarize yourself with longer wheel base and upgrade packages. And they were in the 70k miles odometer range so not too high in the mileage. Be patient and have some fun with the car search.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...tDirection=ASC
The following users liked this post:
David717 (03-15-18)
Old 03-15-18, 10:44 PM
David717
Driver

Originally Posted by TexasTea
I saw a few 2010 LS460L with various rear seat upgraded packages in a cargurus search for $21k in Burbank. $24k in Westminster, and $25k in Marina Del Rey. They may be worth a test drive to familiarize yourself with longer wheel base and upgrade packages. And they were in the 70k miles odometer range so not too high in the mileage. Be patient and have some fun with the car search.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...tDirection=ASC

Thanks for checking for me man! I actually was really considering the one for $21k in Burbank, but I really want one with a black interior (I know I’m very picky). Also that burbank one is missing one of the engine covers... I know it’s not a big deal but something seems off.

I actually just called today about the Westminster one and after checking the carfax, it shows that it’s sustained damage before. Again call me picky but I’m trying to find one as clean as possible that’s perferablly in the sub $20k range.
Old 03-15-18, 11:32 PM
David717
Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
No amount of aftermarket gear is going to equal the ML system. It has been mentioned in Audiophile magazines, car magazines, etc. It is THAT good. This isn't your average "Premium" factory car audio system. The distortion-free clarity, and encompassing sound is a marvel. It is my favorite part of my LS. I've had MANY after market systems that I spent WAY too much money on and this is the best by far. Throw "Dark Side Of The Moon" on there and it'll change your life. lol

I drive mine every day about 100 miles and it's a dream.

As for "Grampa Car"? My 22 year old son drives it every chance he gets and LOVES putting red light bandits on (much to his fathers chagrin of course). Throw a set of staggered rims and tires and it os no longer your grand daddies car.
Can never go wrong with some classic pink floyd! I'm definitely shooting for one with ML system in it, but I gotta tell you, the market doesn't have too many options out there as of now. I guess everyone that has a LS with ML's is holding onto them nice and tight haha.
Question, did the aftermarket wheels you put on compromise the ride quality at all? I drove a LS with stock OEMs and that thing just floated over the road like a cloud, would love to keep it that way, but also love the aftermarket look! Thanks!
Old 03-16-18, 03:06 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 508 Likes on 385 Posts

did the aftermarket wheels you put on compromise the ride quality at all? I drove a LS with stock OEMs and that thing just floated over the road like a cloud, would love to keep it that way, but also love the aftermarket look! Thanks!
The ride is almost the same as with the 18's. They are only 20's, so it wasn't a drastic change. The upside is the handling is far superior with the larger setup. Definitely a great upgrade. Staggered setups look SO good on a rear wheel drive car.