LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tesla Style Headunit in LS460

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-21, 03:19 PM
derreckla
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

About Rear Seat "Executive Package" Controls got this back from Electronics Man in broken English translated from Russian"For work vol, mode rear console here need to create another ic board with special resistors for can decoder, Buttons work over can bus car, but your system work over command controller, or software"
Old 04-20-21, 07:17 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

I called Phoenix yesterday after 15 mins of back and forth with the guy on the phone to engineers said they would have to call me back. I said I would pay up to another price of a new unit for them to design a can-bus or module that allows me to use "Rear Seat Controls" and they could sell this to us as an add on. The guy said he made those notes and said they would get back to me.
Old 05-08-21, 07:01 PM
krazyclay
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Questions about T style radio

Originally Posted by KingYoshi
My initial post featured pics of the IS unit. Here are the updated pics of the LS model installed and it looks amazing and very close to a flawless install. Hope this helps all who were considering the upgrade and those who were skeptical.

What year is this LS460? Did you have any issues with the vents and the clock? I tried installing this and they didnt seem to lineup with my 2011. Also, did the wiring harness work properly, or did you have to do some mods to get it to work?
The following users liked this post:
8deuce (10-31-21)
Old 02-05-22, 05:33 PM
Mdm6713
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some help with tesla type radio

Ok so I put one of these in my 2012 without the Mark Levinson system and everything works OK but I have a couple issues. The biggest and most annoying thing is very strange. I can't use the Bluetooth phone feature fully. There is a screeching high pitch sound that deafens the caller (on there end only i cant hear it) and it's basically useless because of that. Oddly enough I can call a landline and there is no feedback at all and works as it should. This is super strange and I can't seem to figure it out. Im hoping its something as simple as a settings needs to change. Other than that I have Very little GPS signal so I don't use the Nav without wifi, and lastly there's a common problem with the airbag light cutting on because of the air bag light not cutting on the right side of the bezel of the unit(the light under the rear defrost button) and the hazard light button not working. I'm hoping to get this resolved as well. Other than that I love the radio. The factory clock a ove the radio also doesnt sync. I did go all in and replace the amplifier and all the speakers so it's basically a fresh install including wiring everywhere which meant i had to basically tear the whole car apart. There no turning back at this point id like to get it right. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Old 02-06-22, 07:31 AM
derreckla
Intermediate

This thread will answer all your questions

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...p-and-dsp.html

Enjoy
Old 10-12-22, 08:09 PM
Souldog79
2nd gear

Default LS460 Airbag

Originally Posted by Mdm6713
Ok so I put one of these in my 2012 without the Mark Levinson system and everything works OK but I have a couple issues. The biggest and most annoying thing is very strange. I can't use the Bluetooth phone feature fully. There is a screeching high pitch sound that deafens the caller (on there end only i cant hear it) and it's basically useless because of that. Oddly enough I can call a landline and there is no feedback at all and works as it should. This is super strange and I can't seem to figure it out. Im hoping its something as simple as a settings needs to change. Other than that I have Very little GPS signal so I don't use the Nav without wifi, and lastly there's a common problem with the airbag light cutting on because of the air bag light not cutting on the right side of the bezel of the unit(the light under the rear defrost button) and the hazard light button not working. I'm hoping to get this resolved as well. Other than that I love the radio. The factory clock a ove the radio also doesnt sync. I did go all in and replace the amplifier and all the speakers so it's basically a fresh install including wiring everywhere which meant i had to basically tear the whole car apart. There no turning back at this point id like to get it right. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks guys

Was wondering if you were ever able to get the airbag light fixed? I have a 2011 LS460 with the exact same problem.
Old 10-12-22, 08:11 PM
Souldog79
2nd gear

Was wondering if you were ever able to get the airbag light fixed. I have a 2011 LS460 with the same problem.