LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013-2017 LS 460 - F-Sport Grille (center piece) on a NON-Fsport [swap]

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-18, 07:10 AM
tofuprod
Instructor

Received 258 Likes on 199 Posts
Question 2013-2017 LS 460 - F-Sport Grille (center piece) on a NON-Fsport [swap]

Is this possible? I would assume so, but I haven't seen any threads or photos across the web that have indicated this was done for the '13+ LS.
Taking an F-Sport Grille and having it fit on a a non-F-Sport LS.

If anyone could provide insight, whether it be cost, parts (part numbers too), etc. - that would be great!

My assumption is if this were doable, these grills are more than likely just tabs or at most a couple of nuts and bolts along with tabs that hold them in place for both the top and bottom for the center pieces.

This is NOT pertaining to the grilles that are by the fog lights, only the center piece, upper and lower grilles.
Old 04-07-18, 04:31 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

free bump?
Old 04-07-18, 05:01 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Hi tofuprod, I also love the black F-sport grille. I decided to give my 2014 non F-sport car a similar look by painting the grille black. I think it's a better way to go than plastidip.
Here's the link to my thread. Maybe it's not what you are looking for, but I am quite happy with the results.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...edition-3.html
Old 04-08-18, 05:07 AM
AZLS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been wanting to do the same thing. After doing some research it appears that the F-sport grill actually has a different front bumper that makes the grill a different shape than the non F-sport grill. It looks like to go OEM you would need to replace the bumper as well as the grill or EBay sells the black insert that looks like the F-Sport for non F-sport model anywhere from $300-$500.
Old 04-08-18, 11:57 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

You will need the whole F-Sport front bumper.
Old 04-08-18, 12:48 PM
tofuprod
Instructor

Thanks all, for your help.

Comotiger- I'll definitely have to try that out. Not too sure what the price would be, tried to follow your thread that you linked to figure out pricing, but my phone kept crashing, please send PM if you are able on details.
Old 04-08-18, 02:30 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Hi tofuprod,
The grille was professionally painted at a body shop. It cost $220 and took a couple of days. He prepped and painted the grille, did a few coats, and had to wait until everything dried out nicely before installing it back. The front bumper was also painted black. Check the other thread for details. I don't know why you are having trouble: the thread and all photos are still there. Here are before and after pics.

The following users liked this post:
russtayy (03-13-23)
Old 04-09-18, 02:13 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
You will need the whole F-Sport front bumper.
Bummer. I really like the mesh F-Sport grill but prefer the non-F-Sport fog lights and bumper.
Old 04-09-18, 02:23 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by comotiger
Hi tofuprod,
The grille was professionally painted at a body shop. It cost $220 and took a couple of days. He prepped and painted the grille, did a few coats, and had to wait until everything dried out nicely before installing it back. The front bumper was also painted black. Check the other thread for details. I don't know why you are having trouble: the thread and all photos are still there. Here are before and after pics.

Don't know how I missed your write-up on this a year ago. Very nice results, AC. I was contemplating replacing my grill with an F-Sport too a while back but didn't want to give up the stock fog lights and bumper. Your results are inspiring. I will have to Photoshop it for comparison but I don't think blacking it out on Nebula Gray would have as much impact as on your car. Nicely done
comotiger (04-09-18)
Old 04-09-18, 02:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Personally, I think the front end of the F Sport in general looks better, I like the flatter nose and the more aggressive stance. It looks especially good in Nebula IMHO:

Old 04-09-18, 02:36 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Personally, I think the front end of the F Sport in general looks better, I like the flatter nose and the more aggressive stance. It looks especially good in Nebula IMHO:

I didn't know the F-Sport was available in colors other than white! Although the particular image above does look very good, I'm still not feeling the shape of the bumper corners nor the choice of fog lights. The F-Sport bumper definitely is different and juts out a little bit along the bottom lip because I recall coming across measurements of 200" for the SWB, 202" for F Sport, and 205" for LWB.
Old 04-09-18, 02:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Oh yeah, it comes in white, silver, nebula, black, or red.

What I don't like about the front of the standard bumper is the lack of a strong bottom lip.

One of the things I've always considered doing was this swap, I'm a little less inclined to do it with the silver one because of the contrast between the grille/middle bumper and the rest of the paint color:

russtayy (03-13-23)
Old 04-09-18, 09:26 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Don't know how I missed your write-up on this a year ago. Very nice results, AC. I was contemplating replacing my grill with an F-Sport too a while back but didn't want to give up the stock fog lights and bumper. Your results are inspiring. I will have to Photoshop it for comparison but I don't think blacking it out on Nebula Gray would have as much impact as on your car. Nicely done
Hi Fto1, glad to hear you liked the Nightfall grille thread! I think painting the grille black would look great with any body color. The black grille just makes the L logo pop.
Old 12-30-18, 05:00 PM
GLSYPDER
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whole bumper swapped on 460 LWB

Originally Posted by tofuprod
Is this possible? I would assume so, but I haven't seen any threads or photos across the web that have indicated this was done for the '13+ LS.
Taking an F-Sport Grille and having it fit on a a non-F-Sport LS.

If anyone could provide insight, whether it be cost, parts (part numbers too), etc. - that would be great!

My assumption is if this were doable, these grills are more than likely just tabs or at most a couple of nuts and bolts along with tabs that hold them in place for both the top and bottom for the center pieces.

This is NOT pertaining to the grilles that are by the fog lights, only the center piece, upper and lower grilles.

Chucky2739 (10-08-19)
Old 10-11-19, 10:51 PM
3GSShoe
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

I’m actually doing a swap soon actually. Ended up ordering a few parts. Maybe $1,200 for parts for the conversion. Paint is another story

Quick Reply: 2013-2017 LS 460 - F-Sport Grille (center piece) on a NON-Fsport [swap]