LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Is this the battery?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-18, 06:33 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts
Default Is this the battery?

Greetings. I've noticed over the past few months, when I open the driver side door, none of the interior lights come on. I have it set to door and eventually they come on, but it can take a bit. Saturday I was vacuuming the car and I had to press the on button to get them on. But once finished with the vacuum and switching back to door, they were on. Oh and as a side note, when I get in my car to head out, it takes a couple of seconds for the start button to get the green light.

Does this sound like the battery or something more sinister? Battery is roughly 3 years old.
Old 04-09-18, 08:26 AM
jmcraney

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
Greetings. I've noticed over the past few months, when I open the driver side door, none of the interior lights come on. I have it set to door and eventually they come on, but it can take a bit. Saturday I was vacuuming the car and I had to press the on button to get them on. But once finished with the vacuum and switching back to door, they were on. Oh and as a side note, when I get in my car to head out, it takes a couple of seconds for the start button to get the green light.

Does this sound like the battery or something more sinister? Battery is roughly 3 years old.
I don't think the the interior lights issue and the start button green light issue are related.

The problem with the interior lights is very likely the doorjamb switch on the driver's door. We've discussed that problem extensively in our forum. Check here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post10137523

As for the start button green light: Are you saying that if you sit in the driver's seat, with the ignition off, with the wireless remote key in your pocket, and you press the brake pedal, that the green light in the start button doesn't illuminate almost instantly coincidental with the pedal press?
Old 04-09-18, 09:00 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jmcraney
I don't think the the interior lights issue and the start button green light issue are related.

The problem with the interior lights is very likely the doorjamb switch on the driver's door. We've discussed that problem extensively in our forum. Check here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...l#post10137523

As for the start button green light: Are you saying that if you sit in the driver's seat, with the ignition off, with the wireless remote key in your pocket, and you press the brake pedal, that the green light in the start button doesn't illuminate almost instantly coincidental with the pedal press?
Yes when I depress the brake, the green light takes a second or two before it lights.
Old 04-09-18, 10:37 AM
jmcraney

Received 268 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
Yes when I depress the brake, the green light takes a second or two before it lights.
Two things come to mind: (A)The battery in the wireless remote key may be near the end of its life or (B) there may be an interfering RF signal. Change the battery in the wireless remote and see if that helps. Try the start green light test at a different location to see it that makes any difference. Keep in mind that the abnormality may be caused by something you are carrying or something that you have added to the car. Also, make sure you are pressing the brake pedal firmly. And, if you have two wireless remote keys, try the other one.
Old 04-16-18, 02:23 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Took a trip to Chicago this past week. A very pleasant 1100 mile round trip journey. Discovered something interesting. Drivers side door still takes time to get the inside lights to turn on. But, when I opened the passenger side while taking a break on the road, lights on immediately. It has to be the door jam switch. Are there any videos on replacing this?
Old 04-17-18, 02:31 PM
R Z
Pole Position

I figured it out. Unscrewed the part and made sure the connections were secure. I put it back and we'll see.