LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Small key fob

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-18, 11:51 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
Rick,

I have read through the CC Fob thread and lots of good info there. Thanks for documenting it.
My 2011 LS fob says:
FCC ID HYQ14AAB
IC 1551A-14AAB

Yes I want to purchase a CC Fob, not sure which one or how to specify the correct one. Bell Lexus Ebay site says their key is not compatible with my car, although there was no where to provide the FCC ID. I also did not see how to contact them via Ebay.

So, I am ok with calling them and talking with someone if that is the process you used.
I also have Fakestream and would attempt to program it myself with some coaching.
Would also like to get the blade as well.

If you will guide me a bit, I will write up a concise post for the CC Fob thread.
My Bride said "Happy Fathers Day" to me
Gary, Hmmmm... this is tougher than I originally thought. Most of us have the FCC ID number of HYQ14ACX on our original key fobs, which is definitely compatible with the Key Cards widely available having an FCC ID of HYQ14AEB (Lexus Part Number 89994-48142 - that's the one I bought, and it works perfectly). However, I've read confirmed reports that your FCC ID (HYQ14AAB) is definitely NOT compatible with the FCC ID of HYQ14AEB (Lexus Part Number 89994-48142).

On the bright side, I did a check on LexusPartsNow.com and found that Lexus Part No.: 89904-48D90 is showing as being compatible with a 2011 Lexus LS460, so I'm guessing/hoping that means that this card has an FCC ID that matches your fob. Here's the link: https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...)&Location=pd:,

I'd recommend you put in your full VIN to make sure that Lexus Parts Now can confirm compatibility with your car before ordering. It doesn't look like Amazon offers that specific Lexus Part Number, unfortunately.

You'll find other posts that talk about how to use Techstream to program a new Key Card -- I just let my Lexus dealer do it for $67... Took them all of 10 minutes.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-18, 01:30 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I just sent an email to the technical staff at Lexus parts with my questions.
After entering my VIN# and the about part #, it indicated compatibility with my vehicle. Looks like they have a return policy so really no worries I guess.

Stay tuned..
Old 05-14-18, 02:09 PM
riknchar
Instructor

I just sent an email to the technical staff at Lexus parts with my questions.
After entering my VIN# and the about part #, it indicated compatibility with my vehicle. Looks like they have a return policy so really no worries I guess.

Stay tuned..
Sounds like that one should work for you. I'd ask to make sure the FCC ID matches your fob, but other than that, should be a fit. Happy Father's Day!
The following users liked this post:
Luscombe8A (05-14-18)
Old 05-15-18, 03:59 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

No answer yet from Tech Support on confirmation of compatibility.
Their return policy excludes ALL ELECTRONIC parts. So even if their site says it is compatible and if I order it and it is not, they may not accept a return. Online chat today with non-tech support said maybe, maybe not.

I will wait another day for tech support to reply before rolling the dice on the order.
Old 05-16-18, 06:30 AM
riknchar
Instructor

I think if someone can simply verify that the FCC ID on the new Key Card matches your fob, you should be good to go...
Old 05-16-18, 06:32 AM
riknchar
Instructor

I would also think the Key Card would be returnable if it doesn't work since the web site showed that it was compatible with your car when you entered the year and VIN...
Old 05-16-18, 02:24 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Hey Fellow CL Members, I am going to need some help with this one.

I just received this official reply from the LexusPartsNow.
My question to them was:
Hi,
I would like to purchase a credit card fob and key blank for my 2011 LS460 and want to confirm the part #'s before I order them.
I am looking at your part #'s: 89904-48D90 Credit Card Fob 69515-30350 Key blank
Please note that my FCC ID is HYQ14AAB on the existing FOB
Appreciate your help. I understand I will have to have the fob programmed and the key cut at my local Lexus Dealer.
Thanks,

OFFICIAL REPLY
Credit card key and blank is not applicable per V.I.N. and will probably not program to this vehicle because it never came with one. It only came with keyless fobik keys. Part number given does work for year and model but does not work on particular vehicle. If purchased it will be at your own risk and will not be returnable because it does not go with the V.I.N.

So, I would like to get some feedback from CL members who have successfully programmed a CCFob to their vehicle with
FCC ID is HYQ14AAB on the existing FOB.

This FCC ID is for my 2011 LS460.

I am also going to call my SM at my local Lexus Dealer to see if he has any experience or is willing to work with me to program a CCFob. I am ok purchasing a non-returnable CCFob if I can confirm this FCC ID as programmable to this FCC ID.
Old 05-16-18, 02:47 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

I just talked with my SM at Local Lexus. He said he is willing to explore the "grey area" with me and see if his tech guy can help. I sent him the details on the part numbers and FFF ID #'s
That was better than a NO.

Hopefully we will get some positive results.
Old 05-17-18, 06:17 AM
riknchar
Instructor

In the end, it will probably end up being a bit of a "leap of faith" on your part to purchase a Key Card. Steve (SW17LS) experienced similar vague answers and general unwillingness to "think outside the box" when he had his Key Card programmed. I bought my Key Card through Amazon, which gave give me return privileges if the card didn't work (due to Amazon policies), but I know it's a bit riskier buying direct from a Lexus dealer.

Hope it works out for you! The Key Card is a very nice feature!
Old 05-17-18, 06:22 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by riknchar
In the end, it will probably end up being a bit of a "leap of faith" on your part to purchase a Key Card. Steve (SW17LS) experienced similar vague answers and general unwillingness to "think outside the box" when he had his Key Card programmed. I bought my Key Card through Amazon, which gave give me return privileges if the card didn't work (due to Amazon policies), but I know it's a bit riskier buying direct from a Lexus dealer.

Hope it works out for you! The Key Card is a very nice feature!
Rick,

Yeah, I figured it might come to that. Eric, the SM at my dealer is willing to explore the unknown and I expect to hear from him later today.

I also plan on checking out ebay to see if I can find that part # for my FCC ID with a returnable option. Did you get yours from the Bell Dealership in AZ through Ebay?

Stay tuned and thanks!
Old 05-17-18, 07:06 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Rick,

Yeah, I figured it might come to that. Eric, the SM at my dealer is willing to explore the unknown and I expect to hear from him later today.

I also plan on checking out ebay to see if I can find that part # for my FCC ID with a returnable option. Did you get yours from the Bell Dealership in AZ through Ebay?

Stay tuned and thanks!
I bought my fob from Bell Lexus via Amazon. I called Bell Lexus directly, and they couldn't say for sure that the Key Card would work with my car, but they did say they are forced to accept returns of anything ordered through Amazon due to Amazon's return policy. My card worked just fine, as I expected, so I didn't have to deal with a return.

Note that there are several other sources to buy the specific P/N you think you need. Perhaps you should check with some of the other sellers to see what their return policy would be if the card doesn't work? MyLParts.com offers free shipping for things over $150 and a 10% Club Lexus discount on all parts (use Coupon Code CL5). Good luck!
Old 05-17-18, 07:58 AM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Rick,
I heard back from my SM and he and their senior tech are confident they can program the CCFob. Only caveat was to make sure the FCC ID's match between the standard fob and the CCFob.

Question for you.
Is there any FCC ID identification on your CCFob?
Does it match your original Fob?

If I get the jest of this entire CCFob compatibility stuff, I am guessing that there is not any FCC ID on the CCFob and the only link to potential compatibility is the Lexus part # & VIN# compatibility. And given that, some owners have ventured that the FCC ID's match and actually proved this by obtaining a CCFob and getting it programmed to operate their vehicle.

Let me know if I am correct on this please?

I will call Bell Lexus and also search for other Ebay suppliers via the Lexus Part #.

I think we are moving in the right direction, thanks for hanging in there with me.
Old 05-17-18, 09:22 AM
riknchar
Instructor

"Question for you.
Is there any FCC ID identification on your CCFob?
Does it match your original Fob?"

Gary, Yes, there is an FCC ID number on the back of all the Key Cards. The FCC ID number on my Key Card is HYQ14AEB. This differs from the FCC ID number on my fob, which is HYQ14ACX. However, it's been proven through real-world experience that these two ID numbers are compatible, so mine works just fine.

Your FCC ID number (HYQ14AAB),however, will definitely NOT work with Key Card ID of HYQ14AEB. I believe the Part Number we discovered for yours (89904-48D90) must have an FCC ID of HYQ14AAB, and thus should work just fine for your car. It would still be smart to verify from whoever you purchase from that the FCC ID on your Key Card matches your fob.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-17-18, 05:12 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Bubble burst today.

Spoke to SM &Service tech today at Bell Lexus in AZ. says the CCFob part #comes up as compatible based upon MY for my 460. He put in my VIN# and it said not compatible. The part #is applicable for MY with production dates of June to Sept.2011. Mine is a July 2011 but not for my VIN#.

He did not have one in stock to check to see if FCC ID was the same. The tech said he did not think that CCFob would program to my car.

So my next move is to find a dealer with that fob part number and see if the FCC ID matches my fob. I will check with my dealer.
I would be ok trying it and paying for the programming if I could return it if it didn't work.

Yeah this is turning out to be more complicated than I thought,
Old 05-18-18, 06:06 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Bummer! I do think you should contact other sellers for P/N 89904-48D90 until you find one that actually has one of these cards in stock, and then ask them to check the FCC ID printed on the back of the card. If it matches your fob, you should be good to go. If not, it would be a gamble...