LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Opinion on 2013 LS460 CPO

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-18, 04:42 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Opinion on 2013 LS460 CPO

I've been looking at this local LS460 that Lexus of Chandler has had for some time now. What do you guys think:
https://www.lexusofchandler.com/deta...-17454444.html

Not much service history on the Lexus Driver's website:
55124 MILES
DATE: 03/12/2018
REPAIR# 0200459REPORTED BY: Lexus of Chandler
SERVICE: CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED PDIDESCRIPTION: CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED PDI ~ ~CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED INSPECTION ~ ~. ~ ~PERFORMED CPO INSPECTION.
SERVICE: DETAIL INTERNAL USEDESCRIPTION: DETAIL INTERNAL USE ~ ~DETAIL ~ ~
SERVICE: MISCDESCRIPTION: MISC ~ ~MISC ~ ~. ~ ~REPLACED ENGINE AIR FILTER REPLACED CABIN FILTER. REPLACED BATTERY. PERFORMED NAVIGATION UPDATE. REPLACED POWER OUTLET COVER. MOUNT AND BALANCED 4 TIRES. PERFORMED 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT.
5222 MILES
DATE: 05/09/2013
REPAIR# 0119173REPORTED BY: Lexus of Chandler
SERVICE: 5,000 MILE SERVICEDESCRIPTION: 5,000 MILE SERVICE ~ ~CUSTOMER REQUESTS 5000 MILE SERVICE ~ ~SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE DUE TO TIME OR MILEAGE ~ ~5000 MILE SERVICE PERFORMED TIRE TREAD REMAINING IN MILLIMETERS LEFT FRONT EDGE7 RIGHT FRONT EDG7 LEFT FRONT CTR9RIGHT FRONT CTR9 LSHOW LESS
3115 MILES
DATE: 02/28/2013
REPAIR# 0115806REPORTED BY: Lexus of Chandler
SERVICE: 1,000 MILE SERVICEDESCRIPTION: 1,000 MILE SERVICE ~ ~CUSTOMER REQUESTS 30 DAY INSPECTION ~ ~ ~ ~COMPLETE 30 DAY INSPECTION
15 MILES
DATE: 11/21/2012
REPAIR# 0111226REPORTED BY: Lexus of Chandler
SERVICE: CLEAN FOR DELIVERYDESCRIPTION: CLEAN FOR DELIVERY ~ ~CLEAN FOR DELIVERY
14 MILES
DATE: 11/20/2012
REPAIR# 0111138REPORTED BY: Lexus of Chandler
SERVICE: INSTALL BRADESCRIPTION: INSTALL BRA ~ ~INSTALL ONE PAIR OF DOOR EDGE GUARDS PRR INV# 113681
13 MILES
DATE: 11/20/2012
REPAIR# 0111050REPORTED BY: Lexus of Chandler
SERVICE: GAS TANK FILLDESCRIPTION: GAS TANK FILL ~ ~GAS
SERVICE: LICENSE PLATE FRAMEDESCRIPTION: LICENSE PLATE FRAME ~ ~REMOVE EXISTING LICENSE PLATE FRAME AND INSTALL NEW FRAME ~ ~RECOMENDED ~ ~REPLACED LICENSE PLATE FRAME
SERVICE: NEW CAR DETAILDESCRIPTION: NEW CAR DETAIL ~ ~NEW CAR DETAIL
SERVICE: PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE FOR USA ALL ALTITUDESDESCRIPTION: PRE-DELIVERY SERVICE FOR USA ALL ALTITUDES ~ ~PERFORM PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION ~ ~REQUIRED OPERATION ~ ~2.0 HRS 001013 PERFORMED PDS SERVICE
Old 05-07-18, 06:09 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

I’m concerned that he didn’t do the free10k service...if he didn’t get the oil changed for free did he pay to have it done?
Old 05-07-18, 07:17 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

My husband thinks it's a steal for a CPO car. He tried and tried to convince me to buy that one, but I held my guns on wanting an AWD. If I remember correctly, it has four new tires (Michelin, I think). Definitely a great price for a CPO car, with ML and Semi-aniline. I've been told that the value of the CPO is not just in the re-conditioning to become L-cert but in the option to extend that coverage. I think some people just run from dealer pricing for service and just because it doesn't list it, doesn't mean it wasn't done. If you're concerned get a PPI, although there should be little to concerned about with a CPO. The color isn't that desirable to many and that IMO is one of the main reasons why it has not yet sold. If it's what you're looking for, I would go for it!
Old 05-07-18, 09:55 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I’m concerned that he didn’t do the free10k service...if he didn’t get the oil changed for free did he pay to have it done?
Yeah not much history about oil changes. Do you know if there's a major 60K service that should be covered under the L-Certified free maintenance deal? I got my 60K service for free with my CPO 2013 GS350.

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
My husband thinks it's a steal for a CPO car. He tried and tried to convince me to buy that one, but I held my guns on wanting an AWD. If I remember correctly, it has four new tires (Michelin, I think). Definitely a great price for a CPO car, with ML and Semi-aniline. I've been told that the value of the CPO is not just in the re-conditioning to become L-cert but in the option to extend that coverage. I think some people just run from dealer pricing for service and just because it doesn't list it, doesn't mean it wasn't done. If you're concerned get a PPI, although there should be little to concerned about with a CPO. The color isn't that desirable to many and that IMO is one of the main reasons why it has not yet sold. If it's what you're looking for, I would go for it!
Oh really you had your eye on this one? I think they started like at 33k or so when they first listed it. It doe have ML? I can kinda see the ML logo on some of the interior pics. I didn't think it had ML.
Yeah I'm not too worried about it since it's CPO and my current GS350 was CPO and the things that I took it in for were taken care of under CPO.
I'm okay with the color since it'l be easier to keep clean haha.

Last edited by LatinLS430; 05-07-18 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-08-18, 06:31 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Maybe the owner did it himself? If he wasn't taking advantage of the free oil change by Lexus and not getting service done by Lexus on a regular basis, maybe he was a DIYer and prefers not to have anyone else touch his car. There are definitely a few like that here on the forum. Just a thought...
Originally Posted by LatinGS350
Yeah not much history about oil changes. Do you know if there's a major 60K service that should be covered under the L-Certified free maintenance deal? I got my 60K service for free with my CPO 2013 GS350.

Oh really you had your eye on this one? I think they started like at 33k or so when they first listed it. It doe have ML? I can kinda see the ML logo on some of the interior pics. I didn't think it had ML.
Yeah I'm not too worried about it since it's CPO and my current GS350 was CPO and the things that I took it in for were taken care of under CPO.
I'm okay with the color since it'l be easier to keep clean haha.
Yep, only reason I didn't go for it is that my must have is AWD for the East Coast unpredictable weather. I also don't mind the color. Pretty sure that the CPO comes with 2 year, 20K miles scheduled maintenance, so yes it should include the 60K scheduled maintenance which is a bigger list that includes the brake fluid flush. Yeah, I'm surprised how low it is priced now and that no one has scooped it up yet. We saw it listed at over $34K and since it's sitting they keep dropping the price. It has ML and semi-aniline and heated wood steering wheel.with leather center pad. Here's the build sheet.
Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (05-08-18)
Old 05-08-18, 08:27 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

That does seem like a very good price for a Certified 2013 with some very desirable options. Many people prefer RWD over AWD for the improved horsepower, improved fuel economy, and one less thing to go wrong. I actually like that color, but it may not be very popular right now - you're right that it will be very easy to keep clean looking.

The service history is somewhat strange, but the fact the car is a CPO, with free service for the next 24 months, would give me peace of mind. You can also extend the CPO warranty for a long time for a reasonable price.

If it has the features you're after, I say go for it before someone else snatches it up!
Old 05-08-18, 02:25 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Maybe the owner did it himself? If he wasn't taking advantage of the free oil change by Lexus and not getting service done by Lexus on a regular basis, maybe he was a DIYer and prefers not to have anyone else touch his car. There are definitely a few like that here on the forum. Just a thought...

Yep, only reason I didn't go for it is that my must have is AWD for the East Coast unpredictable weather. I also don't mind the color. Pretty sure that the CPO comes with 2 year, 20K miles scheduled maintenance, so yes it should include the 60K scheduled maintenance which is a bigger list that includes the brake fluid flush. Yeah, I'm surprised how low it is priced now and that no one has scooped it up yet. We saw it listed at over $34K and since it's sitting they keep dropping the price. It has ML and semi-aniline and heated wood steering wheel.with leather center pad. Here's the build sheet.
Yeah good point about the original owner doing his own oil changes.
I'm really surprised that has dropped this much but that's good for me
Originally Posted by riknchar
That does seem like a very good price for a Certified 2013 with some very desirable options. Many people prefer RWD over AWD for the improved horsepower, improved fuel economy, and one less thing to go wrong. I actually like that color, but it may not be very popular right now - you're right that it will be very easy to keep clean looking.

The service history is somewhat strange, but the fact the car is a CPO, with free service for the next 24 months, would give me peace of mind. You can also extend the CPO warranty for a long time for a reasonable price.

If it has the features you're after, I say go for it before someone else snatches it up!
It definitely is what I've been looking for and that was an L-Certified LS460 for under 30k before all the fees.

I requested pictures of the underside to see if there was any rust and the internet manger sent me a video and it looks pretty clean. What do you think:
Old 05-08-18, 02:43 PM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 140 Posts

Looks fine to me. Has it been in Arizona all its life? Sounds like this one hits all your requirements nicely! How is the price compared to KBB/NADA/Edmunds Retail?
Old 05-08-18, 03:35 PM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by riknchar
Looks fine to me. Has it been in Arizona all its life? Sounds like this one hits all your requirements nicely! How is the price compared to KBB/NADA/Edmunds Retail?
From the CarFax, it looks like it has been in AZ and South Dakota. That's why I wanted to get pics of the undercarriage. I didn't see any scratches on the front bumper under it.
It's priced under KBB in my area. I haven't looked at NADA yet
Old 05-08-18, 05:55 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks like a pretty good deal. Not a fan of the color but if you like go for it. FYI, it does have ML, you can tell by the tweeters on the rear doors.
Old 05-08-18, 08:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Thats possible, but theres no way to know that but guess...I'd rather have some sort of concrete proof.
Old 05-11-18, 07:41 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

It definitely is what I've been looking for and that was an L-Certified LS460 for under 30k before all the fees
So give us an update, where do you stand with this? Are you getting a PPI or arranging to go see it in person?
Old 05-11-18, 08:27 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

So give us an update, where do you stand with this? Are you getting a PPI or arranging to go see it in person?
Haven't gone to see it yet. I'm scheduled with the internet sales manager tomorrow so we'll see how it goes
I'm not going to do a PPI.
Old 05-11-18, 09:19 AM
Blkgto
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with your purchase. Looks like a wonderful car and buy. Love the look of the car. Exudes simplicity and elegance at the same time.
Old 05-11-18, 11:02 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 310 Likes on 269 Posts

Haven't gone to see it yet. I'm scheduled with the internet sales manager tomorrow so we'll see how it goes
I'm not going to do a PPI.
The CPO warranty is 2 years/unlimited miles. You can get an extension for that warranty for up to 5 more years/unlimited miles also, if that make a diffference.
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (05-11-18)

Quick Reply: Opinion on 2013 LS460 CPO