LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Does lexus offer a build certificate

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-18, 10:57 AM
RNelson
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Does lexus offer a build certificate

I just purchased a 2010 LS460, unfortunately I could not find what I wanted at the Lexus dealer but found it at a Mercedes dealer. I would love to get a list of all of the equipment that the car came with, a window sticker duplicate, or some back history. Maintenance history would be great.

I know for Porsche, for $120 bucks you can receive a certificate of authenticity, which gives you engine, trans numbers, interior and exterior options, etc.

I did recently purchase a LS430 from the Lexus dealer, and the sales guy got me a print out of the all of the maintenance done on the car, he was able to exclude the previous owners info. However, I'm pretty sure they won't do that if you ask.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,.

Rodney
Old 05-13-18, 01:26 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Hi Rodney,
You can register yourself on the Lexus Driver site (https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/), type the VIN# and obtain the maintenance history of the car if it has been updated periodically. To obtain details of the equipment in your car, send an email request through the same site and they will send the PDF file within a couple of days. Some dealers will print you a window sticker listing this same information, and the MSRP.
Old 05-13-18, 01:38 PM
RNelson
Rookie

Awesome! Thank you AC!
Old 05-13-18, 06:39 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Apart from seeing vehicle history online, you can send email to Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com and ask for the build sheet.
They will email you the PDF with enough information about what options came with the car.
It is not straightforward to get total MSRP from it but you can potentially do the math,
Old 05-13-18, 09:33 PM
RNelson
Rookie

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
Apart from seeing vehicle history online, you can send email to Customer_Satisfaction_Inquiries@lexus.com and ask for the build sheet.
They will email you the PDF with enough information about what options came with the car.
It is not straightforward to get total MSRP from it but you can potentially do the math,

I was able to log into the lexus site and I found an area where I could look up my specific vehicle specifications.... It shows what was installed at the factory and the port... Is this all of the details, is this the complete information? Or is there possible more and this is just the standard? It does show my correct colors and where it was originally purchased.

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...Specifications

PORT- OR FACTORY-INSTALLED EQUIPMENT

CP COMFORT PACKAGE
Factory

NV LUXURY VALUE EDITION
Factory

Z1 ACCY PKG
Port
Old 05-14-18, 07:15 AM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RNelson
I was able to log into the lexus site and I found an area where I could look up my specific vehicle specifications.... It shows what was installed at the factory and the port... Is this all of the details, is this the complete information? Or is there possible more and this is just the standard? It does show my correct colors and where it was originally purchased.

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...Specifications

PORT- OR FACTORY-INSTALLED EQUIPMENT

CP COMFORT PACKAGE
Factory

NV LUXURY VALUE EDITION
Factory

Z1 ACCY PKG
Port
I highly recommend emailing customer_satisfaction_Inquiries@Lexus.com and simply provide your VIN and request a copy of the build sheet. I've done it many, many times while I was vehicle shopping to determine precisely the equipment that was on the vehicle I was considering purchasing. They will email you the pdf usually the same day and that way you have an easy to print version to put with your car paperwork.

By the way, just copied from the 2010 LS brochure, here's what's included in those pkgs:

CP Comfort Package includes Heated Steering Wheel, Climate Comfort Front Heated/Cooled Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Rear Heated Seats, Headlamp Washers, Intuitive Parking Assist, Power Door Closers and One-touch Power Trunk Open/Close $2,185

NV Luxury Value Edition Navigation System includes Hard Disk Drive Navigation System, Lexus Enform with Destination Assist, and eDestination (includes 1-year trial subscription), Lexus Insider, Voice Command, XM NavTraffic, XM NavWeather, and XM Sports & Stocks (includes 90- day trial subscription) $1,665